• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download mp4 with dolby vision.

rosmander

An important question for me. The program downloads 1080p in mp4. But that mp4 would have the possibility of downloading with dolby vision in case the content of it is available on the different platforms?

An important question for me. The program downloads 1080p in mp4. But that mp4 would have the possibility of downloading with dolby vision in case the content of it is available on the different platforms?

I think Dolby Vision is only for 4k (not sure on that though) and AS can't download 4k streams. If the service provider does include Dolby Vision or HDR10 it should be included but don't think anyone is for 1080 in order to make it backwards compatible with SDR TVs.

The 4K Dolby Vision streams I have downloaded (as 1080) appear to be SDR to me but really not sure how you can tell. Mediainfo says nothing about it.

Ghost in the Shell (4K UHD).mp4

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 h 22 min
Bit rate : 6 894 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 26.9 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.144
Stream size : 3.98 GiB (91%)
Encoded date : UTC 2020-11-05 23:26:38
Tagged date : UTC 2020-11-05 23:26:38
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Last edited:
DV is an extension of the UHD standard. It simply doesn't exist in normal HD.

DV is an extension of the UHD standard. It simply doesn't exist in normal HD.

This seems not that true. There are 1080p recodes with HDR around (HEVC), so its not about resolution. I would say more it depends on HEVC or H264, no matter what resolution in HEVC. But I am not 100% sure about that.

And for myself I did 720p recodes and my TV still shows HDR-Message by playback. So it seems to be possible with lower resolutions. Of course it depends all on UHD (HEVC).

Back