• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request - download queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am not, not "ain't". Lol

"Ain't" is perfectly good English, and is found in plenty of dictionaries:
Code:
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/1327/why-is-aint-not-listed-in-dictionaries

Just a slight correction here @testiles you say 'Anystream recording...'

you're saying the opposite of what we've been saying here. Let's keep things straight shall we? AnyStream doesn't record anything, is a direct stream downloader. No recording at all, of any kind, ever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just a slight correction here @testiles you say 'Anystream recording...'

you're saying the opposite of what we've been saying here. Let's keep things straight shall we? AnyStream doesn't record anything, is a direct stream downloader. No recording at all, of any kind, ever.

I see what you're saying.

I meant recording in the general sense of the word, "the process of capturing for future use", like DVR recording and audio recording.

But if that's confusing, I'll change that (to "capturing")...

EDIT: Done! :=)

T

Last edited:
I see what you're saying.

I meant recording in the general sense of the word, "the process of capturing for future use", like DVR recording and audio recording.

But if that's confusing, I'll change that...

T
It's not confusing, what you're saying there is the very definition of recording. But it also comes with the caveat that it takes as long to download something as it takes to watch something (which is pretty much what a DVR does, since you mention that). The same applies to audio recording. That's not the case with AnyStream, AnyStream can download a lot faster if you let it, than it does to watch something.

So it's not a matter of confusing, don't take this the wrong way, but it's just plain wrong as the 2 (downloading directly vs recording) are 2 completely different mechanisms, and the recording one simply doesn't apply to AnyStream.

It's not confusing, what you're saying there is the very definition of recording. But it also comes with the caveat that it takes as long to download something as it takes to watch something (which is pretty much what a DVR does, since you mention that). The same applies to audio recording. That's not the case with AnyStream, AnyStream can download a lot faster if you let it, than it does to watch something.

So it's not a matter of confusing, don't take this the wrong way, but it's just plain wrong as the 2 (downloading directly vs recording) are 2 completely different mechanisms, and the recording one simply doesn't apply to AnyStream.

You're absolutely right. :=)

It's changed.

T

@saeba79 I am also waiting for the completion of the bitcoin purchase. The license purchase will probably take place tomorrow

Just a tiny observation about batch download. I typically know when I am going to have time to watch an episode of a show. I don't have any problem turning on my PC and downloading that episode for later offline viewing. Then repeating the process for the next episode when I get time for the next episode. It's only a couple of clicks. I also reckon that by downloading an episode of a show at unlimited speed and then watching it BEFORE getting the next one I am far less likely to raise suspicions from any stats gathering by a provider. I do like the idea of a batch download of an entire series at 1X with simulated random bathroom breaks etc between episode downloads so that from the provider pov it just looks no different to a binge watch session. I am not so sure a batch download that just grabs a season at max speed one episode after another is a good idea. There will likely be enough controversy if Disney+ is added to AnyStream without considering the potential ramifications of high speed batch download on that particular provider and how they might react. Definitely don't want house of mouse legal getting twitchy.

A straight forward implementation is much better.

Clicking download puts the title on the Queue. If empty it just starts, if not it waits in line.

Of course, once there's a Queue then everyone would want Queue management: Rearrange the order, move items to top or bottom, delete items, pause Queue, clear Queue, etc.

I'm sure this isn't a simple undertaking.

And yeah, it's probably safer to build in some limits.

Not sure how I feel about only allowing 1X downloading from the Queue, but having a max number of items there is probably essential.

Also preventing running a Queue 24/7/52. LOL!

T

Just an idea to add to the queuing... add a random delay of between 3 and 20 minutes between each consecutive download to simulate a live user and limit a queue to 10-12 hours of activity with another 2-3 hour delay before resume (again, to simulate a live user). it would still make things much easier and overall, faster but without raising alarms. Also - I would suggest avoiding multiple content streams simultaneously unless you can spoof different MAC addresses...

just my $0.02.

A straight forward implementation is much better.

Clicking download puts the title on the Queue. If empty it just starts, if not it waits in line.

@Ch3vr0n, I also vote for this as the basis for the "(B) 78448 - Batch Download (item 3)" feature request that's currently under consideration. That particular request technically only discusses a "Download All" button for a particular show or season. But a general queue would be a great way to achieve that narrow request, and provide far more flexibility for general queuing.

As others have suggested, there are then all sorts of queue refinements that might be desirable, such as reordering, delays between downloads, windows of activity (or inactivity), etc. But those can all wait, and shouldn't get in the way of just a simple queue implementation.

A queue being added or at the very least download all option for series even if have to limit to 2 to 3 every say 30min I love anystream would also be great if they added say disney plus hulu roku etc pretty sure most services use same protections so shouldnt be hard to add

Download queue is a pandora's box: queue the complaints (pun intended) that crappy connection + download queue ate all download tokens! What happens when you run out of space on HDD? Stop? What if the next queued item fits? What happens when you run out of tokens? And that's for starters, setting aside the patent l33ching feature

Download queue is a good idea. It is not a pandora's box. It is not leeching. Why do some consider having a queue called "leeching" but manually punching the download button on multiple items they don't consider this? Why if you want to automate something it is automatically considered leeching? Just some common sense advice... no matter how you download it, auto or manually, it's still getting the files, so the ideology of adding a queue is considered "l33ching" is just a plain false statement.

Last edited:
Download queue is a good idea. It is not a pandora's box. It is not leeching. Why do some consider having a queue called "leeching" but manually punching the download button on multiple items they don't consider this? Why if you want to automate something it is automatically considered leeching? Just some common sense advice... no matter how you download it, auto or manually, it's still getting the files, so the ideology of adding a queue is considered "l33ching" is just a plain false statement.

In a technical sense, it is a pandora's box: it's naive to not plan for things failing in automation, esp. when you have to expend credits. As for "l33ching," anything that facilitates piracy is patently a l33ching feature: with no queue at least if you're going to pirate you're going to sit and download one episode after another (a lot of manual effort); a pirate (or a group of them), on another hand, would just buy a bunch of licences and automate their l33ching while making money for the group and putting AS in the crosshairs of studios and vendors.

But... those of us doing it for home use and not for profit...?

We're all technically pirates so that last rude statement was unnecessary. And technically speaking, this software is illegal.

You might distribute stuff you download with AS, I don't, so don't technically paint everyone in your kin.

Edit: It was patently clear what I was referring to in my post; you were cornered on your argument and tried to reframe, it's not going to brush with me.

I'll certainly +1 this feature request.

I don't see AnyStream as being any more illegal than a VCR/DVR as long as it's used for personal use only. VCR/DVRs saved analog transmissions to a local format, AnyStream saves a digital bitstream transmission to a local format. It just does so without decoding/recoding the transmission in the process. Different generations of technology, but, basically the same use case.

Tell that to the mpaa, cause by that logic neither is anydvd illegal as it allows to make fair use backups for users of discs that own. The copyright holders don't see it that way though

oxoxoxo - Do you know how retarded you sound? You argue your own arguement, and then you contradict. To top it off, you're a nobody and your a dick to everyone on here LOL. Anytime you circumvent any means of online encryption or protection, it's illegal. If you disagree, take it up with 17 US code 1201. Can't argue with FACTS. Do I think it's stupid... yes. Let me take you to class for a moment.

Anystream is in violation of the 17 US code 1201 secton 2:

(2)No person shall manufacture, import, offer to the public, provide, or otherwise traffic in any technology, product, service, device, component, or part thereof, that—

(A)
is primarily designed or produced for the purpose of circumventing a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title;

(B)
has only limited commercially significant purpose or use other than to circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title; or

(C)
is marketed by that person or another acting in concert with that person with that person’s knowledge for use in circumventing a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title.

Last edited:
oxoxoxo - Do you know how retarded you sound? You argue your own arguement, and then you contradict. To top it off, you're a nobody and your a dick to everyone on here LOL. Anytime you circumvent any means of online encryption or protection, it's illegal. If you disagree, take it up with 17 US code 1201. Can't argue with FACTS. Do I think it's stupid... yes. Let me take you to class for a moment.

Anystream is in violation of the 17 US code 1201 secton 2:
<snip>

I'm not subject to 17 USC 1201 s. 2, what now?

As for calling someone retarded, you're the one who drew this distinction:-

In a technical sense, it is a pandora's box: it's naive to not plan for things failing in automation, esp. when you have to expend credits. As for "l33ching," anything that facilitates piracy is patently a l33ching feature: with no queue at least if you're going to pirate you're going to sit and download one episode after another (a lot of manual effort); a pirate (or a group of them), on another hand, would just buy a bunch of licences and automate their l33ching while making money for the group and putting AS in the crosshairs of studios and vendors.

But... those of us doing it for home use and not for profit...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back