• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question concerning BD

Aeneas72

Ripping of this BD fails repeatedly - any ideas? Is it just a faulty disc?

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.0.2, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 21924576 sectors (42821 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DER UNTERGANG
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 14
Drive supports bus encryption!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed annoying video sequences!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.
WARNING: Read errors on disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_F_DER UNTERGANG_4C83EB00_B763C49D.ziplog
    293.1 KB · Views: 2
I have tried cleaning the disc in many ways - no success yet...

Hi @Aeneas72
WARNING: Read errors on disc!
Tip:
AnyDVD Settings - Drives - Speed control - activate here "slow & quiet"!
Then it also works mayby with the reading of the disc!
The disc should be cleaned very well before and create a Full-ISO.
;-)

Last edited:
Hi @Aeneas72

Tip:
Then it also works with the reading of the disc!
The disc should be cleaned very well before and create a Full-ISO.
;-)

Yet again you make that assumption. There is no guarantee that'll work. When AnyDVD claims read errors, they usually are.

Hi @Ch3vr0n
There is no guarantee that'll work. When AnyDVD claims read errors, they usually are.
Nobody disputes that. :bowdown:
Of course, the disc is badly made / pressed.
But it's the result that is important.
With the setting "fast" AnyDVD shows read errors (= no ISO) and with the setting "slow" AnyDVD shows no read errors (= an ISO). :dance:
It's just a hint to try it.
:)

That in essense just "hides" the error messages, it does NOT fix them and they'll most likely still be present in the ISO.

they'll most likely still be present in the ISO.
Maybe, but maybe not.
Anyway, during further processing or playback you don't notice any reading errors anymore.
But "real" disc errors should be detected at any speed and not only at "Fast".
This question should be clarified by the developers.

Anyway, during further processing or playback you don't notice any reading errors anymore.

That depends on your definition of "further processing or playback", if you only process the main title and the problem area is in submenu's or extra's you will indeed not encounter them. If for example like me you only do full disc backups, they WILL cause problems.

they WILL cause problems.
I also only create full ISO disk backups.
Correct, real errors would cause problems again.
But then read errors never occur again.
Sorry, sounds funny, but it is.
I can only recommend everyone to try the slow reading speed after cleaning the disc.

Correct, real errors would cause problems again.
But then read errors never occur again.

Nope, read errors created into the ISO will create problems for tools such as CloneBD which can load those iso's. It'll specifically warn you about corrupted data.

read errors created into the ISO will create problems for tools such as CloneBD which can load those iso's. It'll specifically warn you about corrupted data.
I agree with you.

That is not the topic here.
I will explain it to you again.
With speed "Slow" creates AnyDVD a correct ISO.
Later, with Clone BD, no more read errors are indicated.
The original disc has no corrupted sectors.
However, the original disc has sectors that cannot be read correctly with the "Fast" speed.
This is not the case with all discs, but unfortunately with some dics.
This is unfortunately state of the art with AnyDVD.

Unfortunately, slowing down reading speed makes no difference...

slowing down reading speed makes no difference...
Yes, I've had a bad disc like that too.
There is still the possibility to try it with makeMKV or the monkey (also slow).
If it does not work at all, then only the disc can be replaced.

Unfortunately, slowing down reading speed makes no difference...

Exactly as i expected. Proving "slow" mode can't fix read problems. You have a most likely a defective disc if the drive reads other discs fine. replace it

This isn't always true. I've had many cases where slowing down the read speed allowed a clean read without errors. One of the major differences between "I can play it in my player" is the fact that they are playing them at a slower speed. Those Game of Thrones UHD's (I know, wrong section but those are notoriously more difficult to read given the tighter data packing required) I had a lot of success with by limiting my read speed to 2x. At full speed they would error. So blanket statements like "slowing down reading can't fix read problems" is not necessarily true. I'm not making a blanket statement that it will ALWAYS work, either. Sometimes discs are just bad. But it's often worth trying.

well if that's the case, neither is making blanket statements that "slowing down will work" like Balor keeps doing ;)

blanket statements that "slowing down will work" like Balor keeps doing
"Blanket statements" never, sorry @Ch3vr0n but read the thread properly from beginning to end! (see #4 etc.)
It was only ever meant as a tip/hint.
Please, sorry if I don't always use the right words, but EN is not my native language.
I have never written/meant anything other than @SamuriHL.

"Blanket statements" never, sorry @Ch3vr0n but read the thread properly from beginning to end! (see #4 etc.)
It was only ever meant as a tip/hint.

I have

Then it also works with the reading of the disc!

That's a blanket statement saying it WILL work. That's wrong, it MIGHT (maybe) work but there's no guarantee it will. Which is what i said from the start.

Back