• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download takes a long time

Hi,
I'm currently testing AnyStream 1.0.6.0 with a trial license.
What I'm experiencing all the time is that the download usually starts quite nice, but then after a while somehow "pauses" showing no progress. Usually it continues again and even finalizes the download, but one episode that has about 45 minutes takes 2 hours or more to be fully downloaded.
I'm pretty sure this is not an issue with my connection, as the bandwidth is not fully used, and even my kids sometimes both stream filmes the same time having no issues at all.
Logs attached, hope you can help.
Thanks,
Manfred

Attachments

• Castle Season 03 Episode 02 - Er ist Tot, Sie ist Tot.astlog
    595.3 KB · Views: 0
I actually never used the trial as I just went ahead and purchased it but don't think that matters. Did you change the default speed settings? 1x is dead slow, I have been using unlimited and speed does vary but usually pretty fast.

I did change it after my post to give it a try, but it shows the same behaviour. It started quite fast, and after 26% now it pauses already for some minutes.

This might sound as and might even be a stupid question;but does it view OK the standard way via web browser or an XBOX/Android/xxx app? The exact same episode?

Yes, it does. And it happens with every episode I try. We even tried on three different devices, connected via WIFI or cable. All the time the same behaviour.
To be complete, the very first episode I downloaded was quite in expected time. Afterwards I always experienced the same behaviour.

would be nice if it would be so easy...
always great to get such helpful comments

browsers and vendor apps use bitrate ladder to adjust bitrate for the speed that you can achieve, AS picks out the highest bitrate, which may be unattainable in your case. Very much depends on the quality of the link you have, and what else you are doing online at the time.

i have paid for a lifetime license and i have kinda noticed similar issues, as the topic starter said...
for certain reasons, as the authors of the software stated... decryption more or less happens on their site, to make it harder to reverse engineer their software (aka,to crack), but....
when i'm on a 1Gbps dedicated cable, i do know it's not a problem at my end for me getting 300-400kb/downloads from amazon, when i tested and could download the same video encrypted at 20mb++/sec ...

<rant snip>

Do you have download throttle set to real-time?

Back