• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request: Set different download speed limits for each provider

Free Lancer

I am wondering if it might be possible to add the possibility to set different download speed limits for each provider?

I personally think the idea to allow unthrottled downloads is the thing that will sooner or later kill AnyStream for the simple reason that nothing stands out like atypical rapid title authorisation requests to alert any provider that there is something seriously wrong (what typical user would be viewing a whole lot of titles from start to end every five-ten minutes, for example?). Perhaps the reason why the providers are so ineffective with the Scene is that it's damn near impossible to discern their behaviour from a typical user. AnyStream, on the other hand, allows people to forgo patience for instant gratification, and that is never a good idea. If providers notice that no matter what they do, the patterns continue, they will simply cut off HD content to all but dedicated apps (and that is much simpler than people think, given that most actually do use apps instead of browsers to view the content).

Last edited:
We've been doing unthrottled speed WEB-DLs from AMZN, Hulu. NF, for literally years. Android keys so rearely get get taklen away. ChromeCDM keys will be taken awy regardless within at least 3 months and replaced.

Even if that is true, there is a huge difference between scale, if enough people do it, the providers have motivation. Do you think Apple kept tweaking their DRM on iTunes every release just because they had nothing better to do during the requiem times, or was it because requiem was sufficiently ubiquitous? Same here: handful of people doing it, ain't gonna be worth the bother, tens of thousands---they have a problem that needs fixing...

I am with @0x0x0x0x0 on this one and am worried that abuse of fast downloading will be abused to the point that the platforms will notice and act. I am also worried about those folks who need to download every movie multiple times to get every possible language. Unless this software is being abused by IPTV providers, I do not know what the point is. I plan to be selective with my downloads and stick with 1x speed and hope other will do the same so that our license fee will go a long way.

the key is to control the greed.
nobody needs to download hundreds of files every day or week.

just do something for the mass and dont be an ahole.
thats it.

One way to meet in the middle would be to allow fast download, but to delay subsequent download for at least the duration that the current title would've been on the screen for, both providers list duration for each title... @Prospere (I'm sure you've got a ton on your plate, but perhaps you guys could think about this)?

Last edited:
Back