• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[BUG?] - Subtitle overwritten

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
I'm not sure if this behavior was fixed earlier. While testing my new britbox amazon prime video trial addon (i'll know in a week if the card from usunlocked worked :p if it gets charged) i had a go at grabbing classic doctor who. Some of the titles i encountered had 2 close-captioned english subtitle tracks.

The problem with that is when in SRT mode (don't know if other modes are affected too), is that 1 cc track replaces the other. The tracks were labelled as

English (US) [CC] and English (UK) [CC]. Perhaps it's an idea in such a case to add those to the subtitle file to prevent replacing.

eg: titlename.en.us.cc.srt and titlename.en.uk.cc.srt or any variation. This technically applies to my subtitle tracks for my native dutch (belgium) and dutch (netherlands). Dutch Belgium could be labelled as .nl and Dutch Netherlands as .dut (both btw are accepted by Plex for example as valid dutch language tags)

I'm not sure if this behavior was fixed earlier.

No, it's been this way all along with external Subtitles.

I've tested with every release and if the same language, one overlays the other.

T

English (US) [CC] and English (UK) [CC]. Perhaps it's an idea in such a case to add those to the subtitle file to prevent replacing.

The same goes for English CC and English forced.

Or any two English Subtitles.

They all get the name <title>. en.srt.

Perhaps if, as you said (and has been proposed before) the filename is closer to what's displayed in the Selection box, duplicate names and overwriting could be avoided.

T

probably isn't limited to english and dutch. I'd be willing to bet it applies to ANY "duplicate" language. Such as "Spanish (Spain)" and "Spanish (Portugese)" etc too.

probably isn't limited to english and dutch. I'd be willing to bet it applies to ANY "duplicate" language. Such as "Spanish (Spain)" and "Spanish (Portugese)" etc too.

I'm sure it's a general problem of the same file name being generated and causing overwriting, for any 2 Subtitles of the same basic language, since the language is all that's used to qualify the filename.

I've tested with every release and if the same language, one overlays the other.

Correction: It worked briefly - in 1.0.1.0.

T

I just did a quick check.

Couldn't find a movie with multiple English subs right away, but downloaded an Expanse episode from Amazon where there are multiple Spanish subs...

So, when I selected "Espanol (Espana)" and "Espanol (Espana) forced narrative", I got two SRT files, the difference being "forced" was part of the filename of one of them.

So maybe "forced" sub overwriting is fixed.

But when I selected "Espanol (Espana)" and "Espanol (Latinoamerica)", only one SRT file was created, ending is ...es.srt.

And that's the issue Ch3vr0n is alluding to.

Same main language but different flavors, one overwrites the other.

T

I'll have to find a title with cc and non-cc but in this case (classic doctor who) both were cc english (just one for US, the other Uk) and one replaced the other srt. I have no use for embedded subtitles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe they can fix it so they're downloaded with the full language code of en-us and en-gb instead of just en or eng. The same goes for other languages like Spanish which will often have es-es for Spain and then something like es-mx for Mexico.

Can't be. At least regular and forced should have distinct names.

Yes, you're right, of course Prospere. My bad!

I found that out and tried to comment on it in post #8, but probably wasn't clear.

The forced is definitely creating it's own SRT, even if another sub of the same language is requested.

T

To be fair, I Suggested that first in op :p

To be fair, I Suggested that first in op :p

Oh, yeeeeah. :)

But I think he's saying without the ".cc".

Just <title>.en.uk.srt, for example.

But same concept, yeah.

T

Yeah but it would have to work for cc too or we'd be back to square one.

Yeah but it would have to work for cc too or we'd be back to square one.

As I said - it was a late hour ;)

I will see whether I can push a fix into the upcoming release (should really happen today).

As I said - it was a late hour ;)

I will see whether I can push a fix into the upcoming release (should really happen today).
Well........... Did you? >.<

Back