• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

Yea I could always go grab one of them 3090's on Thursday for 10% performance gain for double the price! :D LMAO
I'm not going just for the gaming performance, the CUDA core count and improved nvenc/nvdec compared to my 1080, and my intended use warrants the upgrade (besides the fact that at least once on my pc career I want the best consumer gpu out there they have, not counting the workstation targeted rumored new quadro gpu which will supposedly have 48! GB of gddr6x).

Early rendering benchmarks put the 3090 up to 25% faster than the 3080 and that's just on the first drivers.

The 2000 series wss too little a performance increase compared to my 1080, the 3000 one is a significant upgrade over my 4y old gpu.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No, "early benchmarks" were nVidia manacured numbers. Real world, tested with the latest released driver on real world content, is 10%. Which given that they're on the same die makes sense. There is NO POSSIBLE way that thing is worth 1500 bucks. Sorry, but, you're paying for marketing, not reality. "Best card"? Nope, still wrong. THIS is the "best card"...

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvid...battle-amds-biggest-navi-in-epic-2021-gpu-war

Got my 3090 order in. 1 asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 OC. Pretty cheap actually, got it a smidge UNDER the nvidia MSRP! Nvidia MSRP for a stock is 1499. excluding vat (which then matches US non-sales tax) i got my CUSTOM card order in at 1380.50. Meaning a custom top of the line 3090,for $20 LESS than an nvidia founders edition lol. Even on pci-e 3.0 at 1080p (yes, a resolution upgrade is next) it'll triple my FPS lol.

local tech site has detailed review in of an MSI gaming x trio version. Even at 1080p, the MSI version jumped from 160fps, to 360+. Can't wait to get this is in my hands

Murphy's law strikes again. Mere days after ordering that GPU.... RIP my 10y old Panasonic TX-P42S20. I do NOT have the funds for that now :mad:

Attachments

• PXL_20200925_215735429.jpg
    PXL_20200925_215735429.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 16
Murphy's law strikes again. Mere days after ordering that GPU.... RIP my 10y old Panasonic TX-P42S20. I do NOT have the funds for that now :mad:

Could be a board issue.
I repaired mine myself with a 20$ replacement from a China website.
You might check on You tube for repair and how to find what's defective videos.

i doubt it. Worked fine this morning and half an hour ago. Switching HDMI inputs, cables no effect. Besides i don't have the knowledge, capability or (soldering) equipment to do that kind of repair. Even less the patience. I'll have to figure somethin out

*Edit* well I had powered off the tv to come rant here, visit some other sites and guess what... Powered the thing up, works fine. No screen problem at all. Guess I know what I'll be replacing next, if it happens once, it'll happen again

Last edited:
i doubt it. Worked fine this morning and half an hour ago. Switching HDMI inputs, cables no effect. Besides i don't have the knowledge, capability or (soldering) equipment to do that kind of repair. Even less the patience. I'll have to figure somethin out.

No soldering involved. All boards are connected with pluggable cables.
My TV was OK too, suddenly the issue.
Maybe have a look on You tube.

Hehe just edited my post. No need for now. I do know 1 thing. If it happens once, it's going to happen again. I'll be keeping a close eye on that thing and start working on a backup.

Guess I know what I'll be spending my 13th month paycheck on

Last edited:
If AMD keeps 3D capabilities (and I see no reason, why they won't) I might check the Radeon RX 6000. Nvidia just p*ssed me off with their "nuke all 3D support for no real reason" policy.

I gotta say, nVidia is NOT doing themselves any favors lately. The fact that there's no supply til sometime next year, rumors of them switching to a 7nm TMSC process, and a 20gb 3080 being unveiled in December all point to a complete and total s*** launch. WTF, nVidia? If I didn't need tensor cores for potential maybe future madvr stuff I'd seriously be looking at AMD myself.

C'mon! Being pissed about NVIDIA doesn't make the former ATI / now AMD any better. I swore to never buy any of their products again. Then my son's laptop died recently and I bought in a hurry a Lenovo Ideapad with an AMD A6 CPU for doing WORD and EXCEL. My son then complained that he can't stream any video w/o stuttering any samrtphone can. I checked, installed all latest drivers. No way - this is a piece of junk that can't play video streams w/o stuttering and is at 100% CPU all the time. Naah - no more AMD. And the Elby crew most likely will say the same since AMD driver support for CloneBD is still not fixed for ages now.

Say what you want about AMD, but they're ANNIHILATING Intel right now in the CPU game. And the latest rumors are that they're CLOSE to the 3080 performance wise on the GPU side of things. If that's true, and they come in with more memory and lower prices with actual cards available at launch....nVidia is SCREWED. You can't claim to have the "best product" when 1) you have none to sell, 2) didn't provide enough information to your partners before launch to prevent OC'ing too far and crashing to desktop issues, 3) are so scared of AMD that they're "leaking rumors" of cards with far more memory "coming out in december". And now they're talking about switching to the same process AMD is using for their chips? That doesn't bode well. At all.

The last I read is that their highest model was somewhere between the 3070 and '80. But cpu wise I fully agree, Intel needs to get their crap together.

C'mon! Being pissed about NVIDIA doesn't make the former ATI / now AMD any better.
If you want to watch 3D Blu-ray discs (or other stereoscopic material) on a PC - and yes, I do - , Nvidia is not an option anymore. They dropped stereoscopic 3D support from their drivers in the beginning of 2020. These old drivers won't work with new cards. End of story.

I really hope that ain't true, but it's not so much a problem anymore. My home beamer is 3d capable (DLP). 100" 3D screen :)

Back