• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video size / Video bitrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryddan

I've been trying out Anystream now a few days on Amazon Prime and it's working like a charm.
However, I have one question.

If I download from Prime itself (Amazon Prime Video for Windows), the file is 4GB. The video bitrate is over 8000.
But if I download with Anystream the filesize is 2.5GB with a video bitrate of 5000. Both videos are 1920*800 FHD.
Why the big size difference? Do Anystream compress the video? While Prime itself download the raw file? What am I missing here?

I used The Boys s02ep08 in this example.

unfortunately that confirms (the 5k bitrate) what others have suggested -- that anystream isn't getting the highest available bitrate. I've not seen a scene release sub-7.5k with scene releases being an obviously safe metric to use.

unfortunately that confirms (the 5k bitrate) what others have suggested -- that anystream isn't getting the highest available bitrate. I've not seen a scene release sub-7.5k with scene releases being an obviously safe metric to use.
I figured others had noticed this as well, but I couldn't find any thread about the subject. That's why I posted the thread. Well then I am certain that staff knows about this. But what I would like to know is - why?
Like you stated "isn't getting the highest available bitrate" or is it compressing? If the program is unable to get the highest (FHD) quality available. Whats the point with FHD, then I might as well grab HD. I know UHD ain't available at this point.

I was this -> <- close buying the program. Now I'm not so sure anymore. I mean. I want the best quality possible :)

Anystream can't download best possible quality available for now. But no compressing. Amazon and Netflix don't provide highest quality to Chrome.

Anystream can't download best possible quality available for now. But no compressing. Amazon and Netflix don't provide highest quality to Chrome.
Ah that can explain why the windows app can. Thank you for your input :)

you say bullshit, there are better quality CBR just that anystream takes VBR .

just windows app download CBR better quality NO VBR
That is sad. So I guess I have to live with VBR for now? Until RedFox gets CBR in.
Well VBR explains the smaller size as well, I guess. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Do I really need to start handing out forum suspensions? It has been asked repeatedly now to stop talking technical aspects of how AnyStream does what it does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Do I really need to start handing out forum suspensions? It has been asked repeatedly now to stop talking technical aspects of how AnyStream does what it does.

My apologies for not being tech-savey like you are. I tried search for answers, but came up blank. I probably didn't use the search function correctly. Maybe you could point me to a link that explains instead of being rude.

I'm not being rude. As i said, it has repeatedly been asked to stop discussing (not just by yourself ;)) technical aspects of AnyStream (that includes bitrates of the streams AnyStream gets from the provider). It's not that you didn't use the search properly, it's that that information is proprietary information and not available to the public and never will be.

I'm not being rude. As i said, it has repeatedly been asked to stop discussing (not just by yourself ;)) technical aspects of AnyStream (that includes bitrates of the streams AnyStream gets from the provider). It's not that you didn't use the search properly, it's that that information is proprietary information and not available to the public and never will be.

Ah thank you for taking your time to answer and explain. My apologies for the thread and my perhaps little blunt reply to you. I'm just trying to understand how it works and why it does what it does. I will try to make less "stupid" threads in the future :)

I'm fairly certain those claiming VBR vs CBR don't know what they're tlaking about. amazon's earliest encodes that were grabbed were 10k CBR, they changed their encoding method across the board to VBR as far as I can tell.

I'm fairly certain those claiming VBR vs CBR don't know what they're tlaking about. amazon's earliest encodes that were grabbed were 10k CBR, they changed their encoding method across the board to VBR as far as I can tell.
I'm just confused that if I download from "Amazon Prime Video Windows app" I get a 4GB file with 8000 video bitrate and when I use Anystream I get 2.5GB with 5000 video bitrate. That pussels me. All I see is "Amazon/Netflix does not provide highest quality on Chrome".

Didn't i just specifically state to stop talking about technical aspects?

This is not a big secret. And not about technical aspects of the Anystream. There are two playlists CBR and VBR of every stream on Amazon. CBR playlists can only be streamed on certain devices, browsers. And CBR significally better than VBR in most cases. This is the discussion about quality of streams not technical aspects of Anystream.

As i said, it has repeatedly been asked to stop discussing (not just by yourself ;)) technical aspects of AnyStream (that includes bitrates of the streams AnyStream gets from the provider).
May I suggest that you sticky the expectation with clear verbiage and a title that says something like "Things that will get you banned by RF"? I say this because in one of my threads you'd said "Pete said".... it took me over an hour to locate what you were talking about and all I found was something that you said, presumably coming from staff. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with this expectation but as we all know, most people don't even read one single post above theirs before speaking so my guess is that many forum members are unaware of this expectation. Anyway, just a thought....

Not presumably. It did. And pete even said so himself somewhere else too

I really don't think VBR vs. CBR should be considered a technical aspect of how AnyStream works considering it's just an option you can choose, like 1080p vs. 720p or normal English subtitles vs. SDH subtitles. It doesn't have anything to do with the technical nature of how AnyStream functions on the backend. Also, it's an official feature request, and will hopefully be added soon, so not talking about it doesn't make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back