• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two LG BH16NS55 dead within one week

Rathbone80

I had two original LG BH16NS55 drives with Original firmware 1.02 in two separate PCs. Both drives died within the last week almost at the same day. Coincidence? Has this happened to somebody else?

Drive quality sucks these days. The sellers on makemkv forum have all run into problems with desktop drives lately with many defective. So no not unusual at all unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Samuri. Unforttunately I don't have any natively UHD friendly drives left. Bought 2 Asus 12D2HT now which are usleess for UHD and AnyDVD. Only work with MakeMKV and Libredrive.

I'm not too familiar with that drive. Can one of them be flashed to a UHD friendly firmware or no?

You should be able to cross-flash the drive to ASUS BW16D1HT Firmware 3.10 (mandatory version!). Then AnyDVD will work with it. You will lose the burner functionality. Therefore please don't flash both drives.

You should also be able to flash then again ASUS 12D2HT if you neeed the burner functionality back but you will the again not be able to use AnyDVD with it.

So I suggest to cross-flash just one and leave the other drive as is.

You should be able to cross-flash the drive to ASUS BW16D1HT Firmware 3.10 (mandatory version!). Then AnyDVD will work with it. You will lose the burner functionality. Therefore please don't flash both drives.

You should also be able to flash then again ASUS 12D2HT if you neeed the burner functionality back but you will the again not be able to use AnyDVD with it.

So I suggest to cross-flash just one and leave the other drive as is.
Cool. Can you point me to the correct tools and firmware files please? DO I need DOsFlash?

The modified Asus flasher doesn't work.

SDFTool Flasher is relying and based on the installation of the newer versions of Makemkv. For this tool Makemkv has to be installed for it to work. But you can also use the ASUS flasher and load the firmwares from here:

https://www.makemkv.com/download/mk-fir ... 200720.zip

Still not working. I have the latest MakeMKV installed, Asus flasher and the MK pack. Asus flasher does not let me crossflash 12D2HT to anything else than another 12D2HT firmware.

Is there a newer version of the Asus flasher? I have the one from July 2019.

When I try to crossflash from 12D2HT 3.11MK to 16D1HT 3.10MK I am getting updating error #5.

Still not working. I have the latest MakeMKV installed, Asus flasher and the MK pack. Asus flasher does not let me crossflash 12D2HT to anything else than another 12D2HT firmware.

Is there a newer version of the Asus flasher? I have the one from July 2019.

When I try to crossflash from 12D2HT 3.11MK to 16D1HT 3.10MK I am getting updating error #5.

DO NOT use firmware other than 12D2HT for this drive. I've heard of multiple people cross-flashing to 16D1HT firmware and they are then stuck (and it also wasn't working for them!)

The best firmware for this drive (which is only a BD reader (no BD write function) but the way) is 12D2HT 3.11-MK. This will keep everything the same but enable libredrive which works for UHD.

Back