• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

H265 HEVC Encoding with B-Frames

SmegHead

Just a quick question - in the log for the latest version of AnyStream:
  • Improved: Changed video codec override from H264 to H265 (allows HEVC video)
Does this mean there will be B-frame HEVC encoding on supported hardware (Nvidia GTX 16xx/RTX)?

Just curious...

That's a very good question. That changelog entry made me wonder where the whole video codec comes into play. Since currently it's not possible to specify the desired codec for the video file.

I suspect this would only become relevant if 2160p encoding becomes a reality, which I believe we won't see for a long time, if ever.

Last edited:
Just a quick question - in the log for the latest version of AnyStream:
  • Improved: Changed video codec override from H264 to H265 (allows HEVC video)
Does this mean there will be B-frame HEVC encoding on supported hardware (Nvidia GTX 16xx/RTX)?

Just curious...

AnyStream does not mess with the encoding of the stream. It just tells Amazon "give me H265" and it depends solely on Amazon what AnyStream gets at the end.

you would notice in task mgr if something gets encoded ^^

Great that AnyStream supports H265, but can't we make it optional?
Like a checkbox or a combo in Settings.

The H265 from amazon is the most horrible on the whole market, I hope it returns to the H264 and they add the CBR option as well. (H265 which is optional selectable, as ordered with the CBR)
Thank you

@WiseMan we surely can. It will most likely be made optional (as well as the CBR/VBR thing) in one of the upcoming releases.

Back