• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon: License Request Creation Failed

Hello 21 day trial and limited why do you mind if people download 100 movies per day ? in this case as much suppressed this period of tests .
The thought crossed my mind that this error might have been introduced by the trial version of the software. Until I read the response from the forum admin, I didn't know that to definitely be the case.

When I read 21 days of use allowed on a trial version, like most, I interpret that as meaning 21 days of unlimited use (unless otherwise noted). It would have been nice to be more transparent about the other "unexpectedly imposed/previously hidden" limitations on the trial version. Hardly a way to sell someone on paying for the full version.

Based on what I was experiencing with the trial version of the software I was sold on buying the full license until I saw what appeared to be "broken" with it, per this undisclosed error. I thought, if this is how it works, forget it! Please be open and transparent about limits, otherwise potential buyers will be turned off by what they deem as "broken." If you're going to impose download limits on the software, just say so beforehand. That's totally understandable as long as you're open and up front about it. This is a great piece of software and you potentially could have lost me as a customer and perhaps others who unexpectedly experienced this issue, at first thinking that it would no longer work the way we expected it to work.

Just to give you some customer perspective, when I have a trial version of some software that I could potentially be paying over $100 USD for a lifetime version (which is my plan), I might be inclined to run it "through the paces" to make sure I'm going to get what I pay for, especially when it's relatively new-to-the-market software like this is. Furthermore, I don't want to shell out that kind of money for something that isn't going to meet expectations, especially considering your NO REFUND policy if I'm not satisfied after the fact.

Before I take the next step to purchase this, can you at least guarantee I won't have these kinds of "undisclosed" issues in the full version? I don't want to encounter any "unknowns" after shelling out beaucoup euros for the full, lifetime-licensed version.

Also, was this limit just recently imposed (I've been using it for about a week without encountering any limits/issues)?

To know who and/or how many download events there are, it would also appear that this software must send signals back to the "mothership," correct? If so, it makes me a bit more nervous about what other information it might be harvesting during my fully licensed use without my knowledge. I would expect some decent level of privacy with the full (paid-for) version, and with it the added ability to "opt out" of any unnecessary or unwarranted information sharing with RedFox. In other words, why would anyone there need to know how many times I'm using it to download? From my perspective, that's no one's business but my own.

Albeit a bit belated, thanks for at least now making this limitation known instead of leaving potential buyers thinking that this software wasn't worth the purchase. I've been a Slysoft, and now Redfox, lifetime-licensed buyer/user for many, many years (and, yes, that means I had to pay twice, once under each of the two brands). As such, I expect I would be a bit more trusted and valued as a current customer/user and potential buyer of future software products you guys do such a great job of creating and supporting. Additionally, please consider the possibility that the "early adopters/buyers" of your new products are, more than likely, those who are your current long-time users and fully-paid-for-license holders of your other RedFox software products. As such, we deserve some respect and trust per our use of the trial versions as well.

I know I've unloaded on you, so thanks for listening, and my apologies if this comes across a bit harsh. I'd just like to be treated with some trust and understanding as a long-time customer/user of your products, so there's no misunderstandings going forward. After all, I have to believe there are probably other like-minded users out there who feel the same as I do.

Last edited:
during the trial version must be no limitation or restriction otherwise this trial version,has no interest.

The thought crossed my mind that this error might have been induced by the trial version of the software. It would have been nice to be more transparent about it. Hardly a way to sell someone on paying for the full version. Based on what I was experiencing with the trial version of the software I was sold on buying the full license until I saw what appeared to be "broken" with it. I thought if this is how it works, forget it. Please be open and transparent about limits, otherwise potential buyers will be turned off by what they deem as "broken." If you're going to impose download limits on the software, just say so. That's totally understandable as long as you're up-front about it. This is a great piece of software and you potentially could have lost me as a customer when I witnessed this issue, at first thinking that it would no longer work the way I needed it to. Albeit a bit belated, thanks for at least now making this limitation known instead of leaving potential license buyers thinking that this software wasn't worth the purchase. I've been a Slysoft and now Redfox full license buyer/user for many, many years and expect I would be a bit more trusted and valued as a potential buyer of future software products you guys do a great job of creating and supporting.

Can you at least guarantee I won't have these kinds of issues when paying for a full version? I don't want to encounter any "unknowns" after shelling out the euros for the full version. Also, was this limit just recently imposed because I've been using it for about a week without encountering any issues? It would appear that this software must send signals back to the "mothership," correct? If so, it makes me a bit nervous about what other information it might be harvesting during my use without my knowledge. I would expect some decent level of privacy with the full version as well (in other words, no one there really needs to know how many times I'm using it to download!).

Thanks for listening, and my apologies if this comes across a bit harsh. I'd just like to be treated with some trust and respect here when it comes to trial versus full version limitations, so there's no misunderstandings. I have to believe there might be other like-minded users out there who feel the same.
Totally Agreeing with donaf.

If possible bring out monthly packages.

donaf is 100% right. I thought at first the program became useless, like maybe Amazon patched it out or something. None of us wanna shell out money then the program is useless. The limitation is totally understandable... but it would have been nice to know upfront. I am planning on buying a license soon because this program works wonders. Very impressed with it.

during the trial version must be no limitation or restriction otherwise this trial version,has no interest.
As pete said, the product is designed for testing if the product works. You don't need to download 100 movies or entire tv series to do that. Technically a handful of download on either side (amazon / netflix) are enough to see that a product works or not.

Now as to why the military, I'm in favor of it and what must or must not be in a trial is not for you to decide. There's also the fact that the more ppl use a trial to download hundreds of movies / tv show seasons, the higher the chance netflix and amazon could detect what's happening and patch things, so nobody gets to download anything anymore. Trial or or not, and the higher the chance the mpaa etc come after redfox and shut it down like they did with Slysoft.

Then NOBODY gets to do anything anymore with any product, anydvd, AnyStream.... And I guarantee you, NOBODY wants that to happen.

Now if you want an unlimited trial, buy it then you can download all you want. Or develop your own tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I totally get what you're saying, and since you covered a lot of points, I'm going to address them one by one and that should be enough for the others as well. Then there is hopefully not going to be any further discussion about this topic.
I'll explain our point of view.

The thought crossed my mind that this error might have been induced by the trial version of the software. When I read 21 days of use allowed on a trial version, like most, I interpret that as meaning 21 days of unlimited use (unless otherwise noted). It would have been nice to be more transparent about the now imposed other hidden limitations on the trial version.
Originally, there was no plan to impose limits. Only after we saw how our servers were being hammered into oblivion by many individuals downloading like the world is going to end, we had to make a quick decision. Especially because all of them, without exception, were trials.
The way this kind of usage looks to us is: people are trying to get the most out of their trial and then to never be seen again.
So we had to pull the plug.

Hardly a way to sell someone on paying for the full version. Based on what I was experiencing with the trial version of the software I was sold on buying the full license until I saw what appeared to be "broken" with it. I thought if this is how it works, forget it.
Yes, I realize that. It's a result of in-house miscommunication and some technical difficulties we had, I apologize for this.
The intended way is for the application to display a proper explanation, that will be fixed, I hope, today.

Please be open and transparent about limits, otherwise potential buyers will be turned off by what they deem as "broken." If you're going to impose download limits on the software, just say so. That's totally understandable as long as you're up-front about it.
That's the plan. This just had to happen fast, so we'll have to add the missing pieces today.

Also, was this limit just recently imposed (I've been using it for about a week without encountering any limits/issues)?
just yesterday.

It would appear that this software must send signals back to the "mothership," correct? If so, it makes me a bit nervous about what other information it might be harvesting during my use without my knowledge. I would expect some decent level of privacy with the full (paid-for) version as well. In other words, why would anyone there need to know how many times I'm using it to download?
People who have been with us in the past, know that we take privacy issues extremely seriously.
As a precaution, the software handles some of it's tasks remotely, so it can't be easily reversed and implemented by competitors or others.
For us to make sure, that the server is not being misused by other software (which wouldn't be a first), we need to do license checking. So your license ID is passed along with the request.
Nothing else is, your credentials will NEVER be sent to our servers.
This, of course, implies, that we can monitor how many requests are being made per license. It was not planned to keep an eye on that, originally, but after what happened the last few days, this needs to be done.

Another reason for limitations, btw, is that we don't want to be as "loud" and reckless as most pirates already are.
Redfox's applications are traditionally about "fair use".
Downloading 100 movies per day is so far from fair use, that I don't really want to bother explaining the difference.
This application certainly will be noticed, but the more problems it causes for the providers, the harder they will have to fight it. That's not in our customer's interest.

I certainly haven't downloaded 100 episodes today. I've downloaded about 10 and I'm getting this error as well. Are there any other reasons for this?

Sorry for the trouble - too many people were abusing the trial and downloaded ~100 movies per day.
That's not the idea behind the tool for one - and especially not for a trial.
We had to implement a limiter.
The details are not final, yet, we will announce those, once the implementation is finished.

May I suggest a more meaningful message then (like: "Trial version is limited to 100 downloads") because when I started getting the error, my first reaction was "well, I'm glad I didn't pay for lifetime..."

There's also the fact that the more ppl use a trial to download hundreds of movies / tv show seasons, the higher the chance netflix and amazon could detect what's happening and patch things, so nobody gets to download anything anymore.

Amazon certainly knows what's going on... Whatever keys you're using aren't being revoked because it would cause an outrage to whatever users are legitimately using whatever browser/product the CDM you're using was acquired from.

May I suggest a more meaningful message then (like: "Trial version is limited to 100 downloads") because when I started getting the error, my first reaction was "well, I'm glad I didn't pay for lifetime..."
I explained that above.

I suspected it might have been induced by the trial version of the software. It would have been nice to be more transparent about it. Hardly a way to sell someone on paying for the full version. Based on what I was experiencing with the trial version of the software I was sold on buying the full license until I saw what appeared to be "broken" with it. I thought if this is how it works, forget it. Please be open and transparent about limits, otherwise potential buyers will be turned off by what they deem as "broken."
The thought crossed my mind that this error might have been induced by the trial version of the software. It would have been nice to be more transparent about it. Hardly a way to sell someone on paying for the full version. Based on what I was experiencing with the trial version of the software I was sold on buying the full license until I saw what appeared to be "broken" with it. I thought if this is how it works, forget it. Please be open and transparent about limits, otherwise potential buyers will be turned off by what they deem as "broken." If you're going to impose download limits on the software, just say so. That's totally understandable as long as you're up-front about it. This is a great piece of software and you potentially could have lost me as a customer when I witnessed this issue, at first thinking that it would no longer work the way I needed it to. Albeit a bit belated, thanks for at least now making this limitation known instead of leaving potential license buyers thinking that this software wasn't worth the purchase.

Can you at least guarantee I won't have these issues when paying for a full version? I don't want to encounter any "unknowns" after shelling out the euros for the full version. Also, was this limit just recently imposed because I've been using it for about a week without encountering any issues? It would appear that this software must send signals back to the "mothership," correct? If so, it makes me a bit nervous about what other information it might be harvesting during my use.
As pete said, the product is designed for testing if the product works. You don't need to download 100 movies or entire tv series to do that. Technically a handful of download on either side (amazon / netflix) are enough to see that a product works or not.

Now as to why the military, I'm in favor of it and what must or must not be in a trial is not for you to decide. There's also the fact that the more ppl use a trial to download hundreds of movies / tv show seasons, the higher the chance netflix and amazon could detect what's happening and patch things, so nobody gets to download anything anymore. Trial or or not, and the higher the chance the mpaa etc come after redfox and shut it down like they did with Slysoft.

Then NOBODY gets to do anything anymore with any product, anydvd, AnyStream.... And I guarantee you, NOBODY wants that to happen.

Now if you want an unlimited trial, buy it then you can download all you want. Or develop your own tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Point taken. I understand. Please don't presume we're going to abuse this software by downloading hundreds of titles on a regular (daily/weekly/monthly) basis. I've been around buying your software since Slysoft (many years), so I'm not enthusiastic either about seeing RedFox close up shop anymore than I was with Slysoft.

I planned on purchasing this with a lifetime license, but I was running the trial version first through what I considered as a user to be necessary to know if it was worth the euros I'd be paying for the lifetime license. No need to threaten with "develop your own tool." That's a bit patronizing to your loyal customer base and doesn't exactly create "good will" among your loyal base of users who PAY good money for licensing (such as myself). I have a right to make sure I'm going to get what I pay for, just as you have a right to impose limits and have a NO REFUND policy after a customer purchases your software.

I totally get what you're saying, and since you covered a lot of points, I'm going to address them one by one and that should be enough for the others as well. Then there is hopefully not going to be any further discussion about this topic.
I'll explain our point of view.

Originally, there was no plan to impose limits. Only after we saw how our servers were being hammered into oblivion by many individuals downloading like the world is going to end, we had to make a quick decision. Especially because all of them, without exception, were trials.
The way this kind of usage looks to us is: people are trying to get the most out of their trial and then to never be seen again.
So we had to pull the plug.

Yes, I realize that. It's a result of in-house miscommunication and some technical difficulties we had, I apologize for this.
The intended way is for the application to display a proper explanation, that will be fixed, I hope, today.

That's the plan. This just had to happen fast, so we'll have to add the missing pieces today.

just yesterday.

People who have been with us in the past, know that we take privacy issues extremely seriously.
As a precaution, the software handles some of it's tasks remotely, so it can't be easily reversed and implemented by competitors or others.
For us to make sure, that the server is not being misused by other software (which wouldn't be a first), we need to do license checking. So your license ID is passed along with the request.
Nothing else is, your credentials will NEVER be sent to our servers.
This, of course, implies, that we can monitor how many requests are being made per license. It was not planned to keep an eye on that, originally, but after what happened the last few days, this needs to be done.

Another reason for limitations, btw, is that we don't want to be as "loud" and reckless as most pirates already are.
Redfox's applications are traditionally about "fair use".
Downloading 100 movies per day is so far from fair use, that I don't really want to bother explaining the difference.
This application certainly will be noticed, but the more problems it causes for the providers, the harder they will have to fight it. That's not in our customer's interest.

Thanks Pete. I totally understand and appreciate the points you've made. BTW - I'm not a pirate. I use RedFox products for media I have a legitimate license to use through legitimately purchased/acquired ownership or paid for subscription (i.e. Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc.). I think we can all appreciate where you're going with this. I, for one, appreciate the great products and support you provide. I like to stream things on my local media center equipment. I also like to save my purchased media disc from "wear-and-tear" and like the convenience of not having to get up off the chair and change out media in a player every time I want to watch something. Your fine tools have allowed me to accomplish that by having a streaming version on my media storage devices.

I also have data limits imposed by my internet provider that caps my monthly usage. That's another reason why I'm loving AnyStream thus far during the trial period. If I go over my internet provider will "ding" me with financial surcharges. They allow me one courtesy month out of 12 months to exceed the monthly limit without penalty. When I got your trial version of AnyStream, I decided to use this month as my courtesy month, so I guess I was running this software more than usual as I wanted to see how it performed and what was possible with it while the "cap" was off my internet data limit. Considering the circumstances, I suppose my use was more excessive than normal while trialing your software, so I appreciate your explanation/reminders and hope you'll accept my apology for sending out any unwarranted alerts to your team. I consider my use will be less frequent going forward (even after my purchase today).

I can see that AnyStream's ability to allow me to pull this online media content I've subscribed to "offline" will help me keep my data usage lower and available for other uses. I almost was discouraged from making the purchase when I saw the error though. Being transparent when imposing these limits helps dispel misinformation or the thought that the software is "buggy" and not worth purchasing. I will be purchasing the full version today as I'm satisfied with what I've seen and your explanations/answers to my concerns.

I appreciate all RedFox (and formerly Slysoft) have done. I, for one, don't want to put things at risk. Thanks again for all you do!

Last edited:
As someone new to all this; what's your definition of 'loud' when it comes to using this? I don't care what the definition is to you all, I just want to know so I can adhere to it after purchasing the software.

Being transparent when imposing these limits helps dispel misinformation or the thought that the software is "buggy" and not worth purchasing.
Buggy is not that far from the truth :)
A proper message is actually being sent for display, but due to a bug, AnyStream can't decode it and so doesn't display it.
It's being fixed right now.

As someone new to all this; what's your definition of 'loud' when it comes to using this? I don't care what the definition is to you all, I just want to know so I can adhere to it after purchasing the software.
There is no known and precise value. Just think whatever goes too far beyond binge-watching your favorite series a whole day long (maybe multiplied by the max number of allowed concurrently running devices in your subscription) is going to be at least noticeable.

A proper message is actually being sent for display, but due to a bug, AnyStream can't decode it and so doesn't display it.

Cool... thanks again! I went out there to purchase a license, but noted that you're now not able to process credit cards? Why don't you have PayPal? I'm not conversant with the Bitcoin/Litecoin method. Suggestions?

There is no known and precise value. Just think whatever goes too far beyond binge-watching your favorite series a whole day long (maybe multiplied by the max number of allowed concurrently running devices in your subscription) is going to be at least noticeable.

Thank you. Completely understand.

Amazon certainly knows what's going on... Whatever keys you're using aren't being revoked because it would cause an outrage to whatever users are legitimately using whatever browser/product the CDM you're using was acquired from.

Thanks for the reminder... It's sometimes easy to get lost in the newly found features of this software and forget that we're still being "hawked over" by the streaming providers.

I started to get the error message this afternoon, and I fully understand the situation the developers are under. Extremely happy with AnyStream, and just paid for a lifetime licence! Looking forward to new features in the not to distant future...

Cool... thanks again! I went out there to purchase a license, but noted that you're now not able to process credit cards? Why don't you have PayPal? I'm not conversant with the Bitcoin/Litecoin method. Suggestions?
Hehe. Paypal would just love to do business with us, but we're not that easy to get :cool: (if only)
Short answer: things are difficult. We're working on it. I'm confident, that CC is going to work again in a few days, I'm sorry.
You'll be surprised to hear, that it's not because we don't want your money :)

Back