• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVA BD disc not recognized

mb4secure

Inserting AVA BD into my drive, the system does not even recognize the disk is inserted. Disable AnyDVD and windows does see the disk. Windows 10 sees the drive as HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40. Other BD disks are recognized with Anydvd enabled, just this AVA BD....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 20
BTW this is the case with 8.4.9.0 and i just installed 8.4.9.4 BETA,. same thing happens.

attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.4_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
It just shows as an Empty Drive, so AnyDVD doesn't even recognize a disc is in the drive. That usually signifies a defective or dirty disc or drive, but @James would need to say for sure. There may be something stopping it.

the AVA disc? Brand new. The drive? I put 27 different BD's in the drive so far and it recognizes every one of them. Are you saying my drive may be going bad? Cause if the AVA BD is the problem, why does windows see it when ANYDVD is disabled?

I had a similar issue where my HTPC would not recognize AVA BR from Redbox. I tried another AVA BR RB disc and same result. Disabling/restarting AnyDVD did not help.
I could hear the disc winding up and activity on the drive but Windows 10 never recognized the disc. I finally watched it on my BR player. I realize there could be bad pressings in batches but it was strange.

Edit: My HTPC reads other BR discs so the AACS has upped their game or there are bad/defective discs.

Last edited:
This is not an ANYDVD, broken drive or bad/dirty disk issue. It appears to be the same kind of issue/disk that “Becky” was on which are both Redbox Entertainment released movies. Newer drives like the ASUS BW-16D1HT, LG-WH16NS60 and LG-BU40N are not able to read/recognize the disks BUT older Blu-ray drives like the Pioneer - BDR-XD05 work with no problems.

Don’t know why this is (also the disks have a rounded edge; appears to be some kinds of new disk) but I’m sure it’s intentional on Redbox Entertainment’s and the disk manufacture side.

I had a similar issue where my ASUS BW-16D1HT would not recognize AVA Blu-ray from Redbox. I tried another AVA Blu-ray from Redbox disc with the same result. Disabling/restarting AnyDVD did not help.
I also watched (and listened) while the disc wound up and processed activity on the drive, but Windows 10 never recognized the disc. I finally watched the movie on my Blu-Ray player, which had no problem instantly recognizing the disc.

Yes. Or an invisible oil film on the surface.

I've had this issue time and again with discs that wouldn't rip. It takes several wipes of alcohol to clean off (alcohol isn't good for cleaning of oil/grease, but I don't know what else is safe to use). Is that part of the manufacturing process?

I use an actual disc cleaner, specifically made, meant for cleaning the bottom of the disc. That is what I use to clean all my discs when a clean surface is needed.

You mean such spinning tools like "SpinDoctor"? That's seriously not advised on blu-rays, at least not for me. Those things usually do more harm than good (based on personal experience)

You mean such spinning tools like "SpinDoctor"? That's seriously not advised on blu-rays, at least not for me. Those things usually do more harm than good (based on personal experience)

Yeah, I have one of those, too. I've used it on some very scratched discs with good and bad results. But I would NEVER use such a thing on a disc that is simply dirty.

Also, I believe you're right about not using them on Blu-rays. I'd be afraid of what they would do to Blu-ray's anti-scratch coating.

DrX

Last edited:
Inserting AVA BD into my drive, the system does not even recognize the disk is inserted. Disable AnyDVD and windows does see the disk. Windows 10 sees the drive as HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40. Other BD disks are recognized with Anydvd enabled, just this AVA BD....
I was able to rip AVA, from the Redbox, with no problem. And were using the same ODD. It sounds like it's a defective disc.

Back