• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

REQUEST: Wakanim.tv

i don't know who you refer to as "the author" but AnyStream does very much grab 1080p, and not at minimum quality. AnyStream is hardcoded to grab the best bitrate offered.
Yesterday I downloaded Dorohedoro and the bitrate was 2k, although the trackers have a rip from netflix with a 5k bitrate.

Yesterday I downloaded Dorohedoro and the bitrate was 2k, although the trackers have a rip from netflix with a 5k bitrate.

What trackers do is irrelevant. Pirate sources hold no value here, none. There's no telling what they did with the source. Artificial inflation of the bitrate isn't very hard.

Only on the amazon side. Netflix side is 100% in-house development and doesn't rely on a browser environment.
I haven't looked at the netflix side yet. Maybe it doesn't use a "browser environment" in the sense of using Netflix's heavily obfuscated "cadmium playercore" javascript player, but it all is still running in the qt environment, which is a sort of "browser environment".

It would be insane to use the obfuscated "cadmium playercore" directly, it would always be easier to write one's own equivalent "player" code.

But I will be sad if I learn that AnyStream uses a mobile ESN or device private keys from some cdm that is not related to some browser.

But I haven't looked yet, so I don't know.

I don't think the world scene teams are having fun doing birate inflation.

I haven't looked at the netflix side yet. Maybe it doesn't use a "browser environment" in the sense of using Netflix's heavily obfuscated "cadmium playercore" javascript player, but it all is still running in the qt environment, which is a sort of "browser environment".

It would be insane to use the obfuscated "cadmium playercore" directly, it would always be easier to write one's own equivalent "player" code.

But I will be sad if I learn that AnyStream uses a mobile ESN or device private keys from some cdm that is not related to some browser.

But I haven't looked yet, so I don't know.

QT is more than just a browser environment. It's a whole suite of libraries. Not all of them browser based.

What trackers do is irrelevant. Pirate sources hold no value here, none. There's no telling what they did with the source. Artificial inflation of the bitrate isn't very hard.
I watched the browser version of the video and there are also 2k bitrate and 5k streams

+1 for Wakanim support
Despite having DRM-free downloads, you can never know if it applies to every future show
Also this discussion looks pretty off-topic if you ask me...

It's if it's already DRM free, I don't think it fits the description for implementation into AnyStream. Maybe @Pete or @Prospere can chime in here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There are some exclusive shows which can't be bought and downloaded (examples: One Piece, OreSuki OVA).
I personally think it's still nice to have, but maybe should be put low on priority.

wakanim streams are DRM protected
wakanim downloads where you have to pay for every cour are DRM Free

Back