• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Generic Provider

goapy

Is a generic provider option possible?

The manifest and license requests for amazon and netflix are rather involved, but for many smaller providers they are quite simple. Quite often, the urls to the mpd manifest and the license proxy server require no headers or post items, but rather use just query string parameters or other simple authorization.

And these sites rarely enforce vmp, and usually use the raw binary spec for license proxy server communication. Sometimes, the license proxy server will use post items (either binary or json), but these sites are in the minority and it shouldn't be much trouble to add options for these situations.

The way I envision this working is an AnyStream option that just has entry boxes for the manifest url and the license server url (which the user would have to discover on his/her own time), and optionally any header information for each url.

I don't see any reason this wouldn't work. In fact, various drm re-sellers have demo drm web players where just the manifest url and the license server url are provided to the demo player, and it works (using urls from third party sites) more often than not! Without even the referer being set.

Providing an option like this would surely speed the number of supported providers, and with less customization work.

I don't know how AnyStream gets "involved" in the eme chain. Perhaps there may be some technical reason why a generic option wouldn't work, but if it could it would really be great!

DRM is not the only thing to take into account. For example, Amazon and Netflix both use Widevine DRM, but there is much more than that to each of them. Our goal is to provide a finite product, not an SDK.

We'll take your note into account, but, as I see it now, this is, most likely, not going to happen.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that for amazon and netflix there are other difficult aspects besides widevine, but for most other providers, widevine is the only difficult aspect. Most are no more difficult that the example played by the bitmovin drm demo player.

As you add finite support for sites of this sort, you will see that they are more or less all the same. This does make it easy to add finite support for sites of this nature, but there are an awful lot of them to add.

Anyway, thank you for the most exciting software in the video downloading sphere, well, ever!

Thank you for the warm words and for the information!

Back