• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD wont decrypt any of my UHDs but other software will?

Nope. Makemkv and imgburn know nothing about each other at all. It's possible you got lucky and imgburn ignored the src flag and simply picked the first drive that had a disc in it. That would be my educated guess.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It still uses P:, , for some reason, even though with "/SRC G:" (for the ImgBurn command in the next and last line), in the .bat file. Just inserted a DVD-VIDEO-disc to my Pioneer DVR-109 (assigned disc:00).
BH16NS55 currently has assigned disc:01 with also a BD disc inserted.

So it looks like, that command "makemkvcon64.exe info disc:01" somehow helps ImgBurn using still correct P: one (here P: ) (I wouldn't rely on that, just weird.)
---
Edit

@testiles
I've just tried with other parameter with "dev", using 2 ODD drives, Pioneer DVR-109 and LG BH16NS55, ripping two discs at same time:

For 1st ODD (Pioneer)
Code:
@echo off
cd /d "D:\Apps\Tools\MakeMKV\1.15.1\"
makemkvcon64.exe info dev:I:
cd /d "D:\Apps\Tools\ImgBurn\2.5.8.0"
ImgBurn.exe /MODE READ /SRC I: /DEST E:\temp\ISO\[DISC_LABEL].ISO /START /CLOSESUCCESS

Still what is not optimal, even with MakeMKV, when one ODD is already ripping, and starting the next copy-process from below .bat...
For 2nd ODD (BH16NS55)
Code:
echo off
cd /d "D:\Apps\Tools\MakeMKV\1.15.1\"
makemkvcon64.exe info dev:P:
cd /d "D:\Apps\Tools\ImgBurn\2.5.8.0"
ImgBurn.exe /MODE READ /SRC P: /DEST E:\temp\ISO\[DISC_LABEL].ISO /START /CLOSESUCCESS
...MakeMKV seems to seek through all drives, although declared destination drive clearly for 2nd drive, which makes laser head jumping around wildly for the 1st ODD Pioneer DVR-109, which is already at a copy-operation. This takes ca. 10-20 seconds, before it actaully uses for the 2nd processing the BH16N55 with starting ImgBurn), (but this is already occuring while MakeMKV is analyzing the available drives), so worse for ODD mechanics here. So to not let that happen, I still have to wait for the 1st operation to finish, and then just start a new operation.
At least the dev-parameter did not avoid that either, as the info disc:[nr.] wouldn't.

Besides of that, fine script, thank you SamurilH and testiles.

In Linux afaik there is no such issue, at least not for using ddrescue, becuase "I do the drive scan manually, with "ls -la /dev/disb/by-id" and declaring the corresponding ODD-drive to use with "/dev/sr0" or "/dev/sr1" manually.

Is there a way to avoid that also for MakeMKV, while starting a 2nd operation, while 1st ODD one is still at processing? (Anyway ImgBurn and/or AnyDVD afaik have same issue and/or WIndows-thing, so maybe anyway no chance to prevent it.

Last edited:
Listen kids, there's an amazing thing called google. :D

--noscan
Don't access any media during disc scan and do not check for media insertion and removal. Helpful when other applications already accessing discs in other drives.

Add that to your command. How did I find this miraculous command?

http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt

Bäh just found it out myself, but only by random. :p :)
grmpf. SamurilH was too fast posting

I just looked again if maybe s.th. to find in the cmd, but there were only few help options:

Switches:
-r --robot - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers

So just saw robot-mode, but nothing more to guide.

So just I was interested in robot-mode, so went to http://www.makemkv.com/developers and occasionally found this:
Please see usage.txt for complete list of available command-line options, and got the --noscan.

But thx, and for tyring to help, --noscan tested working.And for both ODDs its own batch-script no to forget to use --noscan for both.

Last edited:
MakeMKV seems to seek through all drives, although declared destination drive clearly for 2nd drive, which makes laser head jumping around wildly for the 1st ODD Pioneer

Yes, I noticed that too.

I regularly run 2-3 scripts simultaneously and yes, there is definitely interference between the drives when the makeMKV info command kicks off.

Even though the drive to check is specified (and doesn't matter whether with disc: or dev:, as you've seen.)

I always wondered about that.

So you (and @SamuriHL ) are saying adding "--noscan" will prevent that and eliminate the cross-drive interference?

T

Yes, the --noscan will tell it to only look at the drive you're telling it to look at.

Yes, the --noscan will tell it to only look at the drive you're telling it to look at.

Well I'll be!!!

Much thanks guys!

'Cause that was bugging the hell out of me, but I just assumed it was the nature of the beast.

Can't wait to add it to all my scripts and observe the difference...

T

the --noscan will tell it to only look at the drive you're telling it to look at.

BTW, you know how weird that sounds?

You have to tell it to look at the drive that you've already told it to look at. LMAO!!!

Programs can be strange animals.

T

No you have to tell it to look at the drive you specify because you're telling it NOT to scan any drives. ;) :D

No you have to tell it to look at the drive you specify because you're telling it NOT to scan any drives. ;) :D

I'm just saying when you tell it "info" and specify a drive, that's all it should need to know you're only interested in that drive alone, so don't bother to scan any others.

T

Don't look at me I didn't write it. Lol It never made sense to me either but I'm sure there's some long explanation for it.

Don't look at me I didn't write it. Lol It never made sense to me either but I'm sure there's some long explanation for it.

Long long explanation, yes from me...:ROFLMAO:

Long long explanation, yes from me...:ROFLMAO:

theosch he means explanation of why one has to add "--noscan" even though you only asked for info on the one drive.

The developers of makeMKV would have to explain that one.

T

Just mean, me trying to explain, but again it will be just one of my usual long long text.
--
The only thing coming to my mind, maybe that MakeMKV needs to scan again for all connected drives, to sort out which number there is, the user declared, as if it would not cache the drive-scan- and detection-history. Or it had s.th. likem that, but just would make use of it, when
--noscan is used.

The drives would be enumerated by windows (and probably linux/mac, too, but I don't know) and it uses what Windows tells it. The scanning just means to look and see if the other drives have discs or not. Which is hella annoying when you have multiple drives and are ripping something. Just use the --no-scan option and it'll function the way we'd like.

I've already added --noscan to my scripts but haven't had a group of new discs to try it out in a "real life" setting yet (and I'd rather not waste time doing multiple rips I don't really need).

Should have some coming in later in the week.

Looking forward to seeing it in action!

T

Ok, that's a lot to review. Obviously some explanations are simpler than others. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Ok, that's a lot to review.

:)

Thanks to everyone for the help.

You're very welcome!!

I've already added --noscan to my scripts but haven't had a group of new discs to try it out in a "real life" setting yet (and I'd rather not waste time doing multiple rips I don't really need).

Should have some coming in later in the week.

Looking forward to seeing it in action!

T

I did a small test and looks like the --noscan parameter does keep rips scripts running in parallel from interfering with each other when that makeMKV Info command executes.

It's immediately obvious that the Info command runs exponentially faster. :=)

Good deal!!

I had some other strange events happen but not sure it's related to --noscan.

Probably not.

New discs have come in now and should be testing out the --noscan more fully later today.

T

Back