• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Burner Burns DVD that will only play on BD player.

kaflot

I was wandering if anybody has come across this and knows what's going on.

Probably should post this on an ASUS forum but this is my situation.

I'll burn a movie onto a DVD using an Asus BD/DVD Burner/Player on my PC.
Now if I take that DVD and play it on the DVD player hooked up to my TV it won't play.

But it will play on the BD/DVD Player that is hooked up to my TV.

I burn everything with Imgburn.

Seems like you've chosen the wrong book type. If you're using Imgburn you should set this option to automatic.
In this case you will be asked for the book type change and have to agree the needed settings.
If you are burning BDMV files to a DVD 9 it will be a BD, because the program notices the BD structure.
If there are VOB files it will recognize the DVD structure.

Danke schön (I gooogled that)
for your prompt reply.
:bowdown:

I will look into the book type next time I'm burning.
What I usually do is use AnyDVD to create an iso file of a DVD. Not always DVD9.
I then use ImgBurn to burn that onto a blank DVD.

I don't seem to have issues using the PC's Pioneer DVD Burner/Player. Just the Asus BD Burner/Player.

:thankyou:

Most likely the burn strategy of your ASUS BD burner does not work well with the type of discs you use. Pioneers are in general the better burners. So stick with the Pioneer for your burns or get other (better) DVD blanks if you want to burn with the ASUS.
If you ever move to BD / UHD this is even more important. kufo and myself have a thread in the German forum where we suggested to use the ASUS only as a reader and use a Pioneer BD drive as the burner because of similar problems.

I don't seem to have issues using the PC's Pioneer DVD Burner/Player. Just the Asus BD Burner/Player.
That's right. In fact a DVD burner can't handle BD files.
If you need further help I'll take a screenshot.

Thanks guys.
Forget BD files.
They are not used.
The files used are DVD files.
I use a DVD disc, I rip it to a DVD ISO. Then I burn it to a DVD (TAIYO YUDEN DVD-R) blank disc.
If I use the Asus BD/DVD Combo drive I get the problem mentioned above.
If I use the Pioneer DVD Drive I have no problems.

Most likely the burn strategy of your ASUS BD burner does not work well with the type of discs you use. Pioneers are in general the better burners. So stick with the Pioneer for your burns or get other (better) DVD blanks if you want to burn with the ASUS.
If you ever move to BD / UHD this is even more important. kufo and myself have a thread in the German forum where we suggested to use the ASUS only as a reader and use a Pioneer BD drive as the burner because of similar problems.
This was the best advice. Thank you coopervid.

Rufus can't burn movie DVD's, which is what this topic is about. If you have a question. Please create your own topic.

Back