• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mpc Hc + SVP Pro + MadVr + ReClock

empleat

Hey,
i didn't find a single tutorial how to set this up. I am using MPC HC 1.73 32 bit, SVP Pro, Mad Vr and reclock. I installed MPC Hc myself and than ReClock and Mad Vr was part of SVP Pro package. I gave all 3 admin privileges. Reclock is starting with MPC HC, but it doesn't covert video to 24 fps. I tried pal speeddown and selecting values manually didn't help. This video is 25 fps source. Because i am also using Mad Vr and SVP Pro and i am not advanced user in this. Also i didn't even find single tutorial. I have no idea how to set this up. It complicates things, because i saw some option in ReClock to replace video player video renderer with ReClocks, but i also want to use Mad Vr. And than i am using SVP Pro for frame interpolation, so ReClock needs to change video source, before SVP Pro does this. So at the end i get 143.750 fps instead 144. Anyone know how to set this up ? Sorry for bad explanation i am really tired and i not pro with this anyway, nothing to tell you...

The "Force ReClock to be loaded instead of default renderers" option replaces the player's audio renderer (usually the default system one), not video, so it won't block madVR.
I never used SVP or other frame rate converters so I don't really know how they work with ReClock, but maybe they prevent it from finding out the true frame rate of the source?
Try posting a screenshot of the ReClock filter properties during playback of a video that poses problem. If you can show madVR's OSD (Ctrl+J) on the screenshot at the same time it's better.

This option was enabled by default, i also selected audio rendered to reclock in MPC HC, as i was trying one tutorial, but that wasn't about how to make reclock work with SVP, that was only thing i found. I know SVP uses avisynth to insert interpolated pictures. Not sure what reclock does and if it doesn't interfere with each other. But i heard people using it in combination with svp, but didn't find any tutorial. https://imgur.com/a/HcuhJoT

I can't see any picture on that Imgur page, was there a problem?
ReClock matches the playback rate to the corrected system clock to avoid dropped/repeated frames, so it doesn't do the same as SVP and in theory shouldn't conflict with it, but in order to work ReClock needs correct information on the actual framerate of the media being played, and maybe SVP can give problems. I also think I remember reading that ReClock can have issues with really high framerate sources (like 120 fps and more), so maybe that's the issue with SVP, I don't know.

So, based on your screenshot ReClock is detecting your screen as 144.00 Hz, the incoming video as 143.75 fps which sounds to me close to 23.976*6, and it says it's correcting it to 144.00 fps so as far as I can tell it's working correctly. Now, madVR says source video is indeed 25 fps but ReClock is receiving 143.75 instead of 150.00 so my guess is it's SVP that is converting 25.00 to 143.75 instead of converting to 150.00 and then letting ReClock slow it down to 144.00, but as I've never used SVP I don't know how to change that.
Anyway as far as I can tell based on that playback screenshot ReClock is doing its job.
Edit: in ReClock Config, Video settings tab, if you set Maximum slowdown to 5% it will always slow down 25 to 24 (or any multiple of them), check that it's configured that way.

Hmm SVP pro can't convert to 150 probably. It can convert only multiples of source video. I tried to enter 144 as exact value and it is converting to 143.750. I though that reclock should convert 23.976 to 24 and than svp can do its job, but i don't know how to set that up. Setting Maximum slowdown to 5%, increased fps to 143.853. I also tried 7%, but that did exactly same thing. Other values give exact same result... Also you have to set this up for each time depending on source right ? So it isn't much practical.

I should also note, i already finished previous tv show, now i am playing source 23.976. Should have save one, i automatically deleted it. I also tried to change speed up, but gives still same value.

Hmmmmm i also tried change refresh rate using cru, closest i got 143.854... and i have still a lot of dropped frames Like 60 per second, which is strange. But than it says dropped frame each 4 minutes or so, which doesn't make sense either. Not sure if these values are even corrent, i had similar problem in pot player and than i noticed it was played frames, which didn't make sense either, because it was only 60 per/s instead 144. But than next to it was dropped frames, which was almost 0. Mad Vr shows only dropped frames, but similar count. It is very strange...

If it is this problematic, it is probably not worth to solve it. 143.853 is good enough. Unless you have any other ideas.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't know, I've never used SVP, but by browsing its website for a bit I found it says it can convert 24 fps to 60, which are not multiple of each other so maybe it can also do 25 to 144. But this diagram also says it feeds the video renderer the converted frame rate: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/File:2en.png so I don't know why madVR thinks the source is 25 fps and not the 144 fps it should receive from SVP. Maybe it's a madVR issue rather than a ReClock issue. As ReClock says it is receiving 144 (well, 143.75, but at least not 150), there is not much you can change in ReClock itself to fix it.
Note that madVR having to render at 144 fps would put a very high load on the GPU (in addition to any load from SVP itself).

SVP cannot conver to 60 as far as i know, it can only convert multiples. Even if enter target value, it will be 59 something.

I think Mad Vr just read file info and report source no ? There is for example 23.976 (says source filter).

Note that madVR having to render at 144 fps would put a very high load on the GPU (in addition to any load from SVP itself).
Ye i have no idea how that works. There is nothing to change in mad vr to adjust this as far as i know.

I don't need 144 exactly honestly, it is good enough right now.

"59 something" is probably the 'real' 60 Hz display refresh (59.94).
Yes, the 25 fps reported by madVR is probably from the file source, but then it should say "frame 6.9x ms" if it really received 144 fps from SVP.
I have no idea, sorry, maybe ask the question in a madVR or SVP help forum.

Back