• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Exact Audio Copy (EAC) 1.5 (2020-02-23)

Has anyone tried to use this yet ?
Nominally the "two compressions" output is answer to my digitising project, but the external compression programs with command line options are not working as they did individually in V1.3

I can't get the artwork to be pulled over in my Mp3 (VBRq2) setup, and the file creation path goes wonky for whichever compression method is is put in the "Additional" external compression tab.

Anyone else tried V1.5 with two compressed output files?

Thanks for the response, DrinkLyeAndDie.
I did the things you suggest before my OP.
The FAQ had nothing on this at all, and, as you say, the EAC forum appears defunct.
I did email Andre at the given email address before my OP, with full details of what I'm trying to do (rip to FLAC & VBRmp3), plus full command line texts
- but have had no response.
The email didn't bounce, so I assume it got through.
I had hoped the lock-down situation may have given Andre some extra time to at least acknowledge my email, but nothing yet.

It would be helpful if someone who has installed EAC 1.5 could try out my parameters to see if they get the same issues I do, or perhaps comment on the command line switches
- though they do both work in V1.3 individually...

I rip only to flac - works with 1.3 & 1.5 -> you can convert the flac files to mp3 or whatever afterwards.

Perhaps you wanna switch back to eac 1.3 ???

Last edited:
Yes, I do know that, and started off doing that before I found EAC had a new "twin output" version.
So yes, I could do that, but with many hundreds of CDs to do, it would be much less work overall if 1.5 did what it says on the tin.

Don't know for sure 1.3 had dual output also ? So use that.

Many hundred CDs convert the flac to mp3 with https://www.dbpoweramp.com/ batch ? Cost a small amount - I wouldn't hesitat to buy.

No, 1.3 was single output. I was already using 1.3.
I already have a FLAC-MP3 converter which works OK, but having to make 2x operations hundreds of times is a pain I'm seeking to avoid.

You can convert hundreds or thousands of files at once with batch processing.

Yes, you can, but you still have to tell it where they all are,which are in diverse areas in my instance.
I can do that with what I have, but would still be much easier if 1.5 did what it says it aims to do.
I'm trying to interleave this job with the other large ones that need doing around the house, and would like to pick up the mp3VBR conversions periodically for entertainment.
Having to come back to the PC more often while doing those jobs just makes that much less effective.
Please, accept my lifestyle is different to yours and move on from this blind alley.

As I keep trying to return to, if anyone else has got 1.5 to work properly with two outputs, I'd be interested to hear.

For anyone arriving here who is interested, there is now also a version 1.6 of EAC. Don't know if that fixed any issues, but I fear I was also not setting all the internal parameters right.
For info, I have now got EAC 1.6 to generate both flac files (in a \FLAC\Tracksfiles) directory of their own, plus vbr mp3 files, both sets of tracks with the correct artwork embedded in each file, also deleting the WAV files derived as the source after conversion. ie everything I was looking to do in one sweep, which is much faster than would otherwise be the case.
You have to look at which compression program does which conversion at each of the two stages, make sure the file naming is right and that the command line options are with all the necessary switches, and it now seems to work :)
Deleting the wav files in compression 1 parameters doesn't mess it up for generating the second set of compression files - well, not for set1=flac, set 2=lame vbr mp3.

https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

After freedb was closed down, EAC needed a replacement for the standard metadata provider. Therefore gnudb.org was implemented as a replacement. Furthermore, some problems with the second command line encoder and the Musicbrainz plugin were fixed (as well as some other minor bugs like replacing spaces with underscores). Hope you like it!

Back