• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rips with no error, but .iso region code playback error

wdwinn3

We are archiving several hundred DVDs for a non profit org, and out of the first fifty, two disks are troublesome. The log file for one of them is attached.

AnyDVD is set to remove region codes. There does not see to be any issue ripping the DVD to an iso file on the hard drive. Also, the DVD itself plays fine on the same computer.

We use Magic Disk to mount the iso file and play the disk in the default media player, Windows Media Player, and this error occurs:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region."

Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.0_Info_D_GIA.ziplog
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
We are archiving several hundred DVDs for a non profit org, and out of the first fifty, two disks are troublesome. The log file for one of them is attached.

AnyDVD is set to remove region codes. There does not see to be any issue ripping the DVD to an iso file on the hard drive. Also, the DVD itself plays fine on the same computer.

We use Magic Disk to mount the iso file and play the disk in the default media player, Windows Media Player, and this error occurs:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region."

I don't see why it would be an issue as the disc is a DVD -R and region free. You shouldn't even need AnyDVD running. I would just use CloneDVD to make an iso without AnyDVD running.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.7.0, BDPHash.bin 19-09-17)
OPTIARC DVD+-RW AD-7560S SD05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-R
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 357839 sectors (698 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GIA
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I don't see why it would be an issue as the disc is a DVD -R and region free. You shouldn't even need AnyDVD running. I would just use CloneDVD to make an iso without AnyDVD running.

I tried again using CloneDVD2 without AnyDVD, and the result was the same. I tried the second problem disk with the same result. I'd welcome any other ideas you may have, and I may try on a different computer sometime soon in case hardware is a factor. Thank you.

Please post a logfile from the original disc.

What region is media player set to? How do you play back the ".iso"? Use Virtual CloneDrive, if you don't. Please consider buying an AnyDVD license.

Back