• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD Titles that Behave like They're Damaged

Now that I called this to everyone's attention, I think it would be good to keep an eye out for more titles with this issue in case it is some new form of encryption, protection, etc. which needs to be circumvented by enthusiasts.
I don't know if this would help anyone, but here's a ziplog file for my new copy of the 4K/UHD edition of "The Last Jedi." Maybe the developers/engineers of AnyDVDHD could get something out of it.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.0_Info_E_THE_LAST_JEDI_75B9DDE8_096D1180.ziplog
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
I don't know if this would help anyone, but here's a ziplog file for my new copy of the 4K/UHD edition of "The Last Jedi." Maybe the developers/engineers of AnyDVDHD could get something out of it.
What should I get out of it? All is well, decryption-wise.

My Amazon replacement for the UHD edition of "The Last Jedi" just arrived and is giving me the same problem as the first copy. This isn't that error I put in the list of UHDs which don't work with AnyDVDHD, or I'd be posting the log report there instead of complaining here and other forums. The drive struggles to read and nearly stops reading the disk in the middle of copying/ripping and sometimes gives me cannot read errors, reports bad secters/sectors, etc.. I'm using AnyDVDHD 8.4.7.0, 8.7.4.0, or whatever the latest one is. My drive is an LG WH16Ns40 NS50 flashed to firmware 1.02. I launch ANYDVDHD. I insert the disk and wait until it's done scanning and recognizing it. I go to "This PC," select my disk, and copy it to the clipboard. I then go to my videos folder and paste. My other options which I didn't try yet would be to use AnyDVDHD's "rip to image" and/or "rip to harddisk" functions. Also, should I flash my drive to one of the other compatible firmwares such as for the ASUS model, LG BE16NU50, LG bh16NS40, LG BH16NS60, or LG WH16NS60?
I went through 4 Last Jedi discs before I found one without read errors.

I went through 4 Last Jedi discs before I found one without read errors.
For those who aren't decrypting, but playing via CyberLink PowerDVD, this could be a problem if computer drives are more sensitive than stand-alone Blu-ray players.

Well, there's a couple different things to consider here. PC drives have always been more sensitive than stand alone players. However, for the purposes of UHD things aren't so black and white. UHD Friendly drives do have the capability of reading UHD discs, but, they weren't designed to. Official UHD drives are a bit more robust in the reading department, but, can't be used by AnyDVD to decyrpt a UHD. And PowerDVD will only work with an official UHD drive, not a friendly drive.

Conflicting reports at the MakeMKV forum claim it's the drive. So I might just return my copy and before I get another drive or another copy of this title, I'll just wait and see what everyone comes up with.
I think the third time is the charm. I'm now on my third copy of "The Last Jedi." It took a few attemps to load the disk, but once it loaded, so far it's ripping successfully. If ripping stops, I'll delete this post. But at least I know that when this happens to just keep exchanging it until I get the copy that my drive works with.

That's pretty much what everyone's forced to do yea. It sucks.

I've never had one scratch the disc. YIKES! How are you cleaning them? You should be going from the inside circle straight out to the edge, rotating the disc and repeating. I ordered a box of microfiber cloths on amazon years ago and they work just fine.

Yes, always from center to outer edge.

I wash the discs with liquid soap and warm water, dry them with paper towels and clean again with micro fiber cloth.

Star Wars Strikes Again. Ordered the new RIse of Skywalker disc. (Not yet supported) Trying to make a protected ISO. Read errors. Sent it back and picked up a new copy at BB. (BTW - their curbside pickup works great.) Second disc read fine. Now just wait for the guys to work their magic so it will be supported.

So, not sure if this is the right place for this, but this disc has been out for over a year. Is there a solution for the "Error reading from drive..." yet? I've cleaned the disc, I tried 3 times and it always crashes on the same sectors 16134600-1613429. Appreciated any help.

So, not sure if this is the right place for this, but this disc has been out for over a year. Is there a solution for the "Error reading from drive..." yet? I've cleaned the disc, I tried 3 times and it always crashes on the same sectors 16134600-1613429. Appreciated any help.
Replace the disk is usually the only thing that works - unless your drive is bad.

Thank you. Know drive works as it ripped The Last Skywalker. Guess we'll find out how good Disney's return policy is. Think they policy is for life. :)

If you're sure you've cleaned the disc, and we recommend a microfiber from the center to the outside edge all the way around, then yes a disc replacement is in order. You'd not be the first to have to do so.

Back