• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) - Can't crack CSS keys

Tibereous

Issue: When I put this DVD in my PC any DVD gives me an error

1. Installed latest version of ANYDVD HD today
2. I clicked "Default" and got the same error
3. I get a warning saying ANYDVD is unable to crack all CSS keys.... (image attached) and then when I try to rip a copy it completes about 5 minutes of the film and shows finished. (using handbrake)
4. Title: Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)
Country of Orgin: USA
What: Trying to rip a copy using Handbrake
Error Message: Can't crack all CSS Keys (Image Attached)
5. Log file: attached

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Jumanji Error.JPG
    Jumanji Error.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 17
  • AnyDVD_8.4.7.0_Info_E_JUMANJI_THE_NEXT_LEVEL.ziplog
    213.2 KB · Views: 10
You need to set your drive hardware region in windows device manager. Then try again. EXIT anydvd completely before you do! The tray icon cab not be active.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Glad I could help!

You need to set your drive hardware region in windows device manager. Then try again. EXIT anydvd completely before you do! The tray icon cab not be active.

Not to pick on the OP, but I swear this solution needs to be a 48 point banner ad in this sub-forum as it accounts for a high percentage of problems/solutions. That and the multiple playlists on Disney titles topic that comes up frequently.

Anyway, back to the original issue, what exactly prevents the program from being able to rip a disc if the drive is set to 0 (as opposed to any other number?)

Basically an unset region (not the same as a region free drive!) forces anydvd to apply a bruteforce cracking method to detect the correct css decryption keys. This may not always work, and then prompts anydvd to display that warning. This has an even higher chance on smaller vob files, because anydvd has less material to 'work with'. And this for any region that's inserted.

When the region is properly set, anydvd can do it 'the right way' at least for the discs region that matches the drive region, and anydvd only has to do bruteforce for regions that don't match the drive. With the set region, maybe anydvd also has a higher success chance to bruteforce different region discs but I'm not entirely sure on that.

As to the '48 point banner', it already is.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/global-faqs-some-information-for-isolating-problems.5091/

Item 13b, I've been meaning to condense that sticky down severely but I haven't had the time yet.

Thanks for the summary info. My original understanding from the early Linux project days was that the actual key was stored on the disc. So a brute force method though, would not the software simply try each region (or ask the user like Blu-rays do) to identify the inserted discs's region? As far as region mismatch, true, I have never had any issues with my region 1 set drive and reading region 2 and region 4 discs, which I guess is fortunate. I'm sure there are programs that would reset the region-change counter on a drive if you had to keep changing it, but I've never had to change it.

Not to pick on the OP, but I swear this solution needs to be a 48 point banner ad in this sub-forum as it accounts for a high percentage of problems/solutions.
The warning dialog the OP has posted actually says this.

Back