• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-Ranger MIA

Robert Dean

Anyone know what happened to DVD-Ranger? I had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall only to find out that they are missing from the web. I have a license/key but the program won't run without confirming it with their server (piss poor design). Does anyone know how to make the registration work with just my key? Finally, anyone know of a reliable program to back up DVD movies to am MPG or AVI file?

Thanks

CloneDVD mobile

CloneDVD mobile
Although the only really "reliable" version is 1.2.0.1 which requires a Slysoft license. All the newer versions are hit or miss.

[EDIT] Although it would be nice if you could make the 1.2.0.1 version accept a Redfox license as well...at least until the new and improved version comes out that has been talked about for so long (I know, maybe February).

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to DVD-Ranger?

PixByte stopped working on its DVD-Ranger program quite some time ago and focused on removing Cinavia with its CinEx software. Over time releases for CinEx slowed. The domain expired within the last few months. It was a slow death but predictable. At this point I don't see it coming back.

PixByte stopped working on its DVD-Ranger program quite some time ago and focused on removing Cinavia with its CinEx software. Over time releases for CinEx slowed. The domain expired within the last few months. It was a slow death but predictable. At this point I don't see it coming back.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know of any utilities that perform the same function? I want not only to back up the DVDs I buy (don't mind the kids trashing a copy), but also to put their movies on a tablet for road trips

Do you know if it is possible to get DVD-Ranger to accept my product key without talking to their missing server?

Get yourself a cheap DVD ONLY player, even brand new models don't detect cinavia as it's not a part of the standard. Cinavia detection is only required by Blu-ray disc playback capable devices.

As such, tablets couldn't care less if cinavia was present in the audio or not. They won't trigger it, add that can't play Blu-ray discs

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Get yourself a cheap DVD ONLY player, even brand new models don't detect cinavia as it's not a part of the standard. Cinavia detection is only required by Blu-ray disc playback capable devices.

As such, tablets couldn't care less if cinavia was present in the audio or not. They won't trigger it, add that can't play Blu-ray discs

Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused though. How can I convert the DVD to a video file (MP4/AVI)

Thanks

Clonedvd mobile, handbrake, vso's DVD converter...

Back