• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Lost the ability to burn with source and target drives (okay if using 1 drive)

Jeff53404

Only affects Redfox/Elby products

I can’t remember the last time I burned a disc so I have no idea when this problem started but it is only an issue using Redfox/Elby products. ImgBurn and 2 other programs see target drives, various inserted media and successfully burn. If I use a single drive where the source and target are the same, all Redfox/Elby products work. File Explorer sees the blank media and writes as well.

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled AnyDVD but the problem persists.

Please move as I’m not sure which forum to post this.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.3.0_Info_U_Joker_682AA6AE_255FD8E2.ziplog
    382.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There are no redfox products that burn to disc. All disc burning products are by elby (elaborate bytes).

That said, you don't say WHAT elby products are affected, error messages... We need more info

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Redfox's CloneCD does burn. The Elby products are CloneBD and CloneDVD2.

If I use a single O.D.D., all the programs I mentioned will read and burn. I simply swap out the disc when prompted.

If I use 2 O.D.D's, none of the mentioned products will see the destination. The messages I am getting is that the drive is empty. Windows Explorer sees the disc.

Last edited:
Right, forgot about CloneCD havent used that think in a while :D

CloneDVD AND CloneBD are affected?

You trying on-the-fly copy? Perhaps check the cabling of the other drives. Maybe there's a loose connector. Do all 3 drives work when you only use a single drive?

Yes, CloneDVD & CloneBD are affected. I'm copying (with or without compression) and all drives and all programs work when using a single drive. It's maddening that Windows sees the disc but not the programs mentioned and did reseat every cable.

I don't know if these shots will help but Windows Explorer sees the disc but CloneBD says the drive is empty. To emphasize the problem, ImgBurn sees the source and target as does several other programs. The issue is with my Redfox/Elby products using 2 O.D.D.

Attachments

• windows capture.JPG
    windows capture.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 7
  • CloneBD capture.JPG
    CloneBD capture.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks like you may be misreading things. I just checked my CloneBD, 3 drives.

NO disc inside:

Drive I: <no disc>

With empty disc inside:

Drive I: Writable Blu-ray Disc BD-R <empty>

As such your CloneBD image above isn't an error. It's informing you that it detected a writeable blu-ray disc, and that the disc's status itself is empty (as in blank disc, ready to record). Perfectly normal. It's not saying your drive is empty, it's saying the disc you inserted is empty (as it should be if you intent to write on it ;))

Remove your blank disc, and you should see that the "Device" line changes to (in your case) Drive M: <empty>

If that is true, just shoot me and put me out of my misery. I will try it.

Ch3vr0n: You're absolutely correct. I was misreading the message and everything is working.

No worries, glad i could help. Everyone has a blond moment every now and then ;)

Back