• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD/Pregap/Lead(in and out)

DocMX7

Hi,

I need to clarify some aspects of dumping logic of CloneCD.

In a Physical CD there are areas filled with sectors some are dumped and other not.

It seems that CloneCD in IMG/SUB/CCD files do not dump a single byte of any pregap, lead in and lead out sectors.

Nor lead in, first pregap and lead out of mono session disc, neither additional lead in, track inter gap and additional lead out.

I want to be sure if CloneCD (even after tweaking profiles, parameters, configurations) has always these behavior.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I need to clarify some aspects of dumping logic of CloneCD.

In a Physical CD there are areas filled with sectors some are dumped and other not.

It seems that CloneCD in IMG/SUB/CCD files do not dump a single byte of any pregap, lead in and lead out sectors.

Nor lead in, first pregap and lead out of mono session disc, neither additional lead in, track inter gap and additional lead out.

I want to be sure if CloneCD (even after tweaking profiles, parameters, configurations) has always these behavior.

Thanks for your help.
Leadin & lead out: No, it can't do that, because PC drives won't allow this. It should copy track inter gap. I am not sure about lead in & out between sessions, but I believe it does this, too.

EDIT: Does pregap end at lba 150 or 0? If it ends at 150, it will copy pregap, too.

For me : LBA 0 <=> 00:02:00 and LBA -150 <=> 00:00:00

All files I own have very first sector start at 00:02:00.

If I am not mistaken, first lead in is somewhere in [97:XX:XX, 99:59:74].
So it appears CloneCd does not dump it.
But I have made test with only a bunch of files I owned.

The first pre gap is mandatory.

It starts after lead in for a duration of 150 blocks.
So it should be in [00:00:00, 00:01:74].
But as I said earlier, all files I own have very first sector start at 00:02:00.
So it appears CloneCd does not dump it.
But I insist that my test are made from a restricted set of files I owned.
I need confirmation.

Using some two sessions image files I have, I noticed that between last sector of
last track of first session and first sector of first track of second session there is a hole.
The size of the hole match the size of (lead in + lead out + pre gap).
So I deduce, CloneCD does not dump those areas.

For the very last lead out, again I imagine it is not dumped.

I have hardly detect inter track pre gap in files.
So CloneCD seems to dump inter track gap and pause area.

It takes me some times to figure it out because :

- I have to build a tool to analyze simultaneously triplet (sub Q / Sub P / sector) step by step
- depending what burning soft is used, it makes dump conforming to completely delirious away from standards

Thanks.

For me : LBA 0 <=> 00:02:00 and LBA -150 <=> 00:00:00
Thanks for refreshing my memory. No, CloneCD won't (can't) copy it. PC drives start to read at LBA 0. You can't address a negative LBA.

Back