• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd purchase problems

Credit card transactions still are not working. i owned this product when it was sold by the original company. i was pleased to discover that the product had been resurrected by a new company and that there is a 20% Black Friday sale inprogress. I have been trying to buy the software but I can not pay via a credit card. I will NOT deal with any cryptocurrencies in order to buy this product. Several of my friends feel the same as me. You are leaving a lot of money on the table by not accepting credit card payments. Please fix this issue. You have many folks wanting to give you money but unable to do so. Perhaps you can set up a PayPal payment system if you can not accept credit cards.

Perhaps you can set up a PayPal payment system if you can not accept credit cards.
This has been asked and answered a thousand times. Paypal refused to do business with Slysoft, so they certainly won't do business with Redfox.

Forgive me for having asked the question. I just signed onto the forum because I was unable to buy anydvd and pay for the software via credit card. I saw this thread from others with the same problem and was suggesting PayPal as a possible alternative to credit cards. I and many of my older friends want to buy this software but will not deal with cryptocurrencies.

One thought may be for the owner of redfox to establish a Paypal account wherein he (not redfox) issues an invoice when someone buys the software, the invoice being sent to the purchaser who then pays the invoice and the money is deposited in the owner's account. Maybe that would get around the issue of Paypal not wanting to establish a credit card payment system with redfox. redfox is leaving lots of money on the table by only accepting crypto payments.

Last edited:
We understand and appreciate your willingness to purchase our software, but PayPal is not an option. We are confident that we will be in a position to offer credit card payments for those regions that are currently not covered, we are just not there yet. Thank you for your patience.

I hope when you finally resolve the problem that you will still offer the 20% discount to those of us that have tried to purchase the software with a credit card and were unsuccessful. I provided my email address to be notified when you can accept credit card payments. Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

We understand and appreciate your willingness to purchase our software, but PayPal is not an option. We are confident that we will be in a position to offer credit card payments for those regions that are currently not covered, we are just not there yet. Thank you for your patience.

I've given up banging this drum. All it took was to imagine I was Red Fox. I know what my customers want. I know that I am losing money daily. My hands are tied right now, but I am working to get a solution. I must accept I am losing money. Since there is currently nothing I can do to fix it, all I can do is nod my head sagely while people tell me I am losing out.

Hope you guys figure it out soon.

I might suggest that the trial evaluation period for those in the affected regions be extended indefinitely until the CC payment issue is sorted out. Otherwise, people will be drawn to the other guys; I ended up buying a lifetime 5-pack from them because I needed a solution now.

I had a lifetime subscription to anydvd under the prior ownership company. I understand things can happen and I wished to support the new owners by repurchasing the software. I want to give them my money but they won’t (can’t) take it. Accordingly, I also did what others have done and purchased the competitive product.

I still want to support this company and have been checking periodically whether the issue with accepting credit cards has been resolved. I’ve also submitted my email address at least 5 times to be notified when they resolve the issue. I just hope that when (if) they resolve the issue the sake (ir a similar new sale) will be ongoing.

As an aside, I looked into setting up an account with Coinbase at one time to enable me to buy bitcoin or litecoin. Too cumbersome a process with having to provide Coinbase with my drivers license, a bank account, transferring US money to them, waiting for the transactions to complete, paying the fees associated with the buying and the sending of the currency. If it were possible to go into a store, such as, for example, Target, to buy a card with the crypto currency on it I would do it. But it’s just too difficult presently. Plus the value of the currency changes by the minute, making it impossible to figure out exactly how much US currency would need to be converted to bitcoin or litecoin to pay for the software and associated fees. If an easy way exists, please let me know.

Since you are having problems with credit cards, is there any consideration for using PayPal as a payment method? I too am getting the no credit card message when I am attempting to buy a license for AnyDVD HD. I normally use PayPal for online payments and have had no issues for several years.(12-21-2019)

Ugh, the PayPal request again. None whatsoever. Never has been (even under slysoft days), and never will be. Not because redfox doesn't want to, but because PayPal doesn't want to process payments for developers of tools such as anydvd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Since you are having problems with credit cards, is there any consideration for using PayPal as a payment method? I too am getting the no credit card message when I am attempting to buy a license for AnyDVD HD. I normally use PayPal for online payments and have had no issues for several years.(12-21-2019)
Did you read post #22 and #24 right above yours?
This has been asked and answered a thousand times. Paypal refused to do business with Slysoft, so they certainly won't do business with Redfox.

Paypal refused to do business with Slysoft and they will not do business with Redfox.

Ugh, the PayPal request again. None whatsoever. Never has been (even under slysoft days), and never will be. Not because redfox doesn't want to, but because PayPal doesn't want to process payments for developers of tools such as anydvd.

I get it, Ch3vr0n. Thanks for the clarity. I am not surprised, PayPal can be extremely cautious at times. I guess I can either wait to see what happens with the credit card issue or begin to investigate cryptocurrency solutions. I may miss out on the December discounts though. Sad indeed.

Members from the USA, whether new potential members or existing members with expired subscriptions: please write to RedFox support and we will try to find an acceptable solution to bridge the gap. You might also consider making yourselves familiar with crypto currencies in the meantime.

I’ve written to RedFox with what may be a potential work around. But it requires purchasing with a foreign (non-US) address and phone number. I asked them if one can change the address and phone number on file after the purchase is completed, but have not gotten a reply from them yet. I also asked if they would consider offering the 20% discount from November to people like me that have been trying to purchase the product since November, if this work around is successful, but no reply to this request either.

Hoping they will reply after the weekend is over. I guess it’s also possible they are currently closed for the holidays.

We are not closed for the holidays and we have found two requests, both of which have been answered.
If you have found a way to use a non-US IP address, a non-US credit card and non-US residential address details then you might as well try and see if it works and if it does, we can change your details afterwards. We have no way of knowing whether that would work, but we would be interested to learn about the outcome. We will certainly find a way to extend the 20% discount to members within the USA, once credit card payments are up and running. You will have seen that there is an additional 10% discount if you use crypto currencies.

I got through step 2 of 4 with my proposed work around. I stopped at that point out of fear the credit card would be charged the regular full price rate for the software. When I see the software being offered on sale again (I tried to purchase it during the November sale but was stymied by your inability to accept a credit card payment from the US) I will confirm that steps 3 and 4 successfully complete with my work around.

My work around for a US person to buy the software worked. I thank RedFox for their patience while I figured out how to pay using a credit card.

It appears that RedFox can accept credit card payments from countries other than the US. So my work around was as follows:

I used a VPN to make it appear that my computer connection originated in Canada and NOT the US. I then used my US issued credit card to purchase the software, using my name and email address, but using my son’s temporary foreign address and phone number. I provided in the order page the requested bank info for my US based card issuer. I did not provide my US address info as the order page indicated that said info was only required if the name of the purchaser differed from the name on the credit card. Upon finalizing the transaction, I received a text message from my card issuer confirming the transaction. I also received a phone call from the card issuer to confirm that the international charge was a valid charge. Upon my confirming the charge as being valid, the card issuer approved the charge.

I have now emailed RedFox to change their records to reflect my US address and phone number.

I hope that this information is helpful to other US based people that wish to purchase RedFox’s software without using cryptocurrency.

I have purchased AnyDVD & CloneDVD both "For Life" years ago. So why do I see the same options on your site? You can't fool all of the people all of the time!

Not this again, I swear this returns about every month or so and it's been what now 2-3 years?

First of all, you don't see the same options. Redfox doesn't sell CloneDVD. That's exclusively sold by elaborate bytes, and it says so on the website.

Second: you were given updates for the lifetime of the company that sold you the license. Slysoft got shut down by the authorities and no longer exists, staff lost their jobs. Something that no longer exists can't release updates.

Former staff in lieu of owed pay took the code, formed the redfox project and started anew. How do you pay for new servers, staff, bills...? Right, you sell licenses. Considering slysoft lasted 10+ years and the initial lifetime licenses were and $80 I believe, you try living on $8 a year.

This is all old news and well documented.

You have a choice to make

1. Stick with the last version you're old license allows (max 7695), though you WILL have trouble with new (current) DVD releases with it and it's OPD no longer exists

2. Use a different decryption tool

3. Support the redfox project. We'll all welcome you.

Make your choice, but we're not going to start the umptieth debate about this again.

Argh! Just had to enlist the help of an Aussie friend to renew my sub, similar to what hi-definitionhomes did. I tried Coinbase first and they don't take credit cards anymore, just debit or bank. Would appreciate if in the future you would maybe extend my sub until I can pay using the same method I did the last several years, so I can keep watching my movies I own in the meantime, but I guess I understand being hard-line about payments after what happened. Folks gotta eat I suppose.

Back