• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

47 Meters Down Uncaged

e143slime8

Found another disc that plays on computer via Cyberlink but will not "load" when attempted to play on my Panasonic BMP-BD75. This one I ripped without speedmenu option since Slyfox said "Cannot keep original menus for the disc". Log file attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_S_47_METERS_DOWN_UNCAGED_7F3F91C8_DC84F750.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Found another disc that plays on computer via Cyberlink but will not "load" when attempted to play on my Panasonic BMP-BD75. This one I ripped without speedmenu option since Slyfox said "Cannot keep original menus for the disc". Log file attached.

I have that same disc here (exactly the same) - works beautifully. I don't have that Panasonic player of yours, so I can't test that, but a copy of that disc plays flawlessly on an Oppo and a Sony player.
I assume the cause lies elsewhere, the protection is not an issue.

The log file states, that at the time you made it, speedmenu with "keep original" is active. Are you sure, you had that switched off when copying?
Speedmenu with keep original can - rarely - cause failure.

Pete, may I ask what models of Oppo and Sony players you are using? I've often wondered if I should "upgrade" from my Panasonic but do know of "date manufactured" cause limitations on what I can get.

Also, sorry for the trouble, am rechecking my steps now.

@e143slime8 ,

@kufo reported a couple of times that Panasonic players are super-picky regarding burnt discs. Maybe he can comment here.

Okay, retried ripping .iso with "Speedmenu" enabled. Resulting disc I'm able to play movie through the "Speedmenu" list. However, the "Play original menu" tab is inoperative. I then ripped the .iso with "speedmenu" disabled and again the resulting disc never loads. I also have another Panasonic and disc problems have been confirmed with the other player.

@coopervid
Yes that's right. I can confirm, that Panasonic is not 1st choice for burnt disc. I happy with my Sony UBP 700. Support for DV and easy setup.

Well my Panasonic bdt-dmp110 play every thing I throw at them. Including cheap Memorex bd-re's

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Ch3vr0n Good point and you're
right , but this is only for single layer BD. I also own this Panasonic model and it's good for this purpose.
If you want to play burnt BD DL 50 GB, you won't be happy with Panasonic- Even the expensive ones.
The Panasonic 110 isn't made for UHD playback at all.
My advice was for burnt UHD, in the first line.

Last edited:
Hasn't failed me yet even on DL. Can't comment on uhd as that part you're right. Not an uhd model, and I don't own any uhd gear (discs or hardware).

I cant give any advice for burnt HD BD on BD DL 50GB, because I always shrink them.
It may be even the choice of the burner that causes errors in playback. But this is not the content of this thread.

Last edited:
Pete, may I ask what models of Oppo and Sony players you are using?
I like to stay out of discussions about which player is best and whatnot, because firstly that depends and secondly I don't really care that much.

As long as a player is not super slow and plays back actual BDs and media files from the network, I'm happy.
I don't care AT ALL for copying discs, I'm not really sure what I would do that for, it seems to be mainly a German sport? At least it seems so from what I gather off the German forum.
I have the originals and some of them additionally as MKV on the server, what else would I need...

But: with Panasonic I had the worst experience so far. One had a super-super-slow CPU, waiting for a movie to finally start, tested my patience once too often and it went into the trash (well, no, it's still in the attic for occasional tests, but there's no real practical use for it).
Another had a picky drive from the start. It did read most discs, but only with an effort (an audible one - repositioning of the laser multiple times, delays, etc...).

Also, historically, Panasonic tends to be the brand with the most limitations and format problems (wasn't it also known for deliberately not playing DVD+R discs? I may be wrong)

Anyway, Panasonic is off my buy-list.

Again, hate going off topic here but the only reason I've stuck with this particular model of Pany was for playback of Cinivia discs. I was always under the impression that these older players were required to circumvent the Cinivia audio problem and thought that the Pany BD 75 model is almost certainly of the proper manufactured date of Feb. 2012. I like watching my library on my home theater system and thus by "burning of discs" addiction. Maybe I'm old school, surely I have the age to prove it. I'd like to upgrade but want to insure I won't have problems with the Cinivia issue.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

It doesn't matter when the model was manufactured, what matters in when it was LICENSED for playback (in your case the bd75 is a 2011 model, well before cinavia implementation date). If Panasonic for some crazy reason would reproduce the original bd75 to the same exact hardware TODAY and you picked one up tomorrow, it still wouldn't be required to detect cinavia, as the model was licensed in 2011.

Small, but very important detail

@Pete ,

for me it was kind of both a habit and a good solution to have disc backups. I am German but I got in touch with ripping while I was living in the US. Wanting always the best quality solution that was and is availabe at that point in time. And only recently I switched to file backups on hard discs using a M9702 media player because all other formats don't support all features - and I want all. UHD-4k,HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos.

At least still made the move away from discs after more than 15 or even more years of movie backup.

Back