• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Makemkv has cracked AACS2.1

OK. I think everybody assumed you used AnyDVD. This was not the case. Any hints on the software used? Monkey type?

I can't understand why AnyDVD allows me to create a protected ISO image, it doesn't report any errors at all during the creation process,
ISO image can be mounted on any virtual device but FMTS/M2TS always fails hash check, while if the same protected ISO is created by other similar tools
(disc-soft.com) it can be then properly decrypted via MakeMKV.

I'll play around when I get a disc this weekend. Anydvd should be able to make a proper protected iso. That's the whole point of the feature. So it doesn't make sense that it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

According to MakeMKV the ISO I create with 2 different LG Bluray drives of Fury UHD (AACS2.1) fails the hash ckeck error during the FMTS/M2TS decryption process.

I'm trying to figure out if this is due to my readers or not as AACS2.0 backups work like a charm.

@James ,

this is a little bit of a mystery. Teddy has trouble to make a protected ISO from AACS2.1 discs while other tools like Daemon work. Any idea?

Yea, my copy of Stand By Me, Teddy, is doing the same thing. I created the ISO with AnyDVD on my ASUS friendly drive, mounted it in Virtual CloneDrive, and am doing a folder backup in MakeMKV and it's also telling me too many hash check errors in the m2ts. That seems...odd. Especially given that you were able to create a protected ISO with something other than AnyDVD and have it work. I've not yet tried that but I shall soon.

The reason this matters is that, while this works with AACS 2.0, a protected ISO should be exactly that...an exact duplication of all the bits on the disc that can be read (minus bus encryption, of course). Which should mean that it should be able to be decrypted as long as you have the title keys for it. I realize AACS 2.1 complicates this a bit, but, it should be possible to decrypt one if you have the right keys.

A wild guess:

Put AACS2.1 disc in drive
Start Makemkv to enable LibreDrive
Start AnyDVD and make protected ISO with AnyDVD right click

Does that work?

Highly unlikely. Anydvd seems to be doing something to the iso. It works fine with imgburn.

@All

When I write "protected ISO" I mean an ISO of any UHD disc made with AnyDVD HD or similar software (I'd like to avoid names),
flagging the option "Keep Protection".

The only tools which works are the ones able to write specific data in the ISO creation process because, as it is already known,
in order to decrypt UHD discs two things are needed :

- Bus Encryption support
- Hashed Key for the specific title.

IMGBurn, or disc-soft tools work only if the AACS2.0 protected disc is scanned before with MakeMKV (or via libredrive settings
inside MakeMKV).

AACS 2.1 iso made with AnyDVD HD always fail the hash ckeck, and it is due to something wrong inside AnyDVD itself and it is
not related in any way to the reader used (if Asus or LG or clones).

I hope to have offered more useful info regarding what I've previously written in the old posts and sorry for my english.

Let me expand a little upon that just to make it clear. Makemkv has what's called libredrive. This is a bit of firmware extension code that gets uploaded to the drive's memory. It works with all friendly and some real uhd drives with the proper firmware flashed. When you enable libredrive mode, the firmware extension disables bus encryption. The drive still thinks it supports it but when the data is read from the disc it forgets to bus encrypt it. That magic is what allows us to create a proper protected iso that can be decrypted with the title keys.

Anydvd does something similar with uhd friendly drives. The magic of friendly drives is that they can read uhd discs as though they are bluray discs. Since anydvd already handles bus encryption on bluray, the same process is used when reading a uhd. Which until aacs 2.1 titles worked fine. It's unclear as to what the difference is with aacs 2.1.

P.s. the reason I said that enabling libredrive mode and then trying to use anydvd is unlikely to work is that the drive still reports supporting bus encryption. Anydvd has no way of knowing that it's been disabled so it'll decrypt all the data coming across... which will corrupt it because it's not encrypted.

@ TeddyRaspin , @SamuriHL

Very interesting. I was not sure how the thing with the protected ISO works.
Thanks for the explanation.

A fix for AnyDVD protected ISO creation with AACS 2.1 discs is coming soon.

That would be great! Thanks for the "pre-warning" :):)

Good news @SamuriHL !! I hope - and it looks like - that the tensions from the early days of BD decryption are history.

What happens when Mike dies? Mkv has Been a great tool.Along time since I've posted on any of these forums. How's the group doing....:rockingchair:

Let's hope that doesn't happen as his fix for AACS 2.1 is awesome. He explained how AACS 2.1 works and it's rather nasty. So if Mike goes away, we could be in trouble. I refuse to buy the russian solution. And AFAIK the monkey is using the russian tech. Maybe some day Redfox will be able to tackle this one.

This hope is loving in mamy users, O think :rolleyes:

Back