• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Makemkv has cracked AACS2.1

Absolutely true. AACS 2.1 fully supported. I think Redfox should add something to be able to properly support AACS 2.1 UHD discs,
as hashed key is not the only thing needed.

Anyway saying "MakeMKV has cracked AACS 2.1" is wrong. There isn't any software which has cracked AACS 2.x UHD protection scheme yet. The "well-known" softwares use only an exploit in the AACS 1.x certificate and the hashed keys to properly decrypt UHD titles, thus it's a "workaround" and not a true "crack".

Last edited:
Yup, Teddy is correct as usual. It's not "cracked" in the sense that you can just stick a disc in and have it decrypt automagically. You still need support. But if Mike can support new titles with AACS 2.1 like he supports 2.0 titles, then it's good enough IMO. IOW, send a dump, SDF gets downloaded, title supported....that'd be awesome.

Marty,

hope your tests concerning the incompatible M2TS files with a MakeMKV beta work well. Makemkv AACS2.1 files coming from the actual version can't be processed by third party software.

Mike will sort that out. He already knows the issue, he just needs someone to test which Marty's going to do. I don't have any AACS 2.1 titles yet as I've been waiting for this to happen before I bought any. I won't buy something I can't back up.

Yep, my testing went well.

I tested the latest MakeMKV version he sent me. So, I had to re-rip Zombieland.

Results:

1. Eac3to recognizes m2ts file and I was able to extract streams.

2. I created a 1 minute sample using FFMPEG and did not find any noticeable glitches or artifacts.

3. CloneBD = no errors during encoding. Once finished, I watched a minute and did not see any noticeable glitches or artifacts.

I've passed on my results to Mike. I'm sure there will be an update soon...

Cheers

I'm ripping Fury UHD disc and I'll do eac3to tests as well as other useful stream extractor tools (megui)
and converters (mkvtoolnix).

I'll do more tests even creating a protected ISO as with the current version MakeMKV reports errors when
FMTS file is being processed and renamed to M2TS.

Edit 1: Fury UHD ripped flawlessly and working like a charm via eac3to or megui for extracting streams as well as for creating MKV.

In the afternoon I'll try to create a protected ISO in order to see if it properly decrypts the FMTS/M2TS file.

Last edited:
Looks like all the testing proved fruitful as I see a new version out there. I haven't even had time to install the previous one so that's awesome.

@TeddyRaspin ,

you were not very precise. So creating a protected ISO works with AnyDVD that can the later be decrypted with Makemkv? Or what's the workflow since Marty said he can't create a protected ISO.

I think that's what he tried to explain. With normal AACS 2.0, there's no problem in MakeMKV with protected ISO since beginning UHD support.
This new feature should make the program complete for it's work, I think.

It should work with an anydvd made protected iso. I may play when I get home as I'll try to get zombieland on my way home. My method I use with my ns60 should also work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I use AnyDVD HD to create a protected AACS 2.1 ISO (I'm using original 3.02 ASUS firmware file on 2 identical LG BH16NS55 drives) MakeMKV reports hash check errors
during the decryption process of the FMTS/M2TS file, while if I use another software (which is not Imgburn) to create the protected ISO, then FMTS/M2TS file matches
the hash check and no errors at all.

Thus, IMHO, it seems an AnyDVD issue in making a 100% genuine protected ISO of an AACS 2.1 UHD disc, at least in my own experience.

I've also noticed that creating a protected ISO of an UHD disc using AnyDVD HD, produces a file image which is 1 sector bigger (2048 bytes) than the one created by another software.

OK. I think everybody assumed you used AnyDVD. This was not the case. Any hints on the software used? Monkey type?

I didn't get a chance to stop and get an AACS 2.1 movie on the way home. I'll try to get one this weekend.

Back