• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD25 Space isn't completely used, waste of Disc/Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayw654

I noticed when using accelerated encoding Nvidia/Cuda the highest quality is at or just below 20mbps and it left 3 gigs on the disc of available space that could've went to video quality. Although, without acceleration it was better it still wasn't using all the space available. Verbatim blanks even single layer really aren't that cheap. Please fix these issues in the transcoder/software in CloneBD 1.2.7.0 64 bit Btw the movies I'm encoding can definitely saturate the entire disc as this isn't a case of a short movie and excess space. This is a 2 hour and 20 minute movie from a raw dual layer Bluray copy.

Last edited:
Reto at CloneBD said that they can only input target size in the NVIDIA software part. If it comes out smaller there is nothing they can do about.

Reto at CloneBD said that they can only input target size in the NVIDIA software part. If it comes out smaller there is nothing they can do about.
I understand that part but software encoding they have full control over. So under the software encoding it should do a quick scan for size/quality calculation to use the full size of a 23.3 disc. CloneDVD did and probably still does that so CloneBD should be able to do the same.

Last edited:
No -here they rely on NVIDIA. It's not in their hands.
Umm, NO! it has the option to do software decoding and encoding which is what I'm using now it just needs improvements. I have disable Nvidia transcoding as I don't have to have as I got a threadripper.

Then check with elby. However, you are exaggerating the benefits of a somehow larger file size copy. It just doesn't matter.

Then check with elby. However, you are exaggerating the benefits of a somehow larger file size copy. It just doesn't matter.
You may feel that way and that is fine but if I burn to disc I shouldn't have 3 gigs left over. I'll just do a custom and play around till I get close to where I want it but I shouldn't have to do that especially after paying 113 dollars for a lifer key and other than Cinavia BD rebuilder is free and does a more accurate job.

I have to say that you sound pretty aggressive. Nobody promised that the compressed files are close to the maximum a BD-R can write to. What is the actual problem besides your theoretical concerns?

I think there´s no problem at all. Adjust manually to about ~25,2 GB output and in 95% the result will be 23 -23,2 GB.
You can not ask the software to work for you specifically. For this purpose, the settings are provided.
This settings should work for you.

Trust me, You don't WANT to burn to the outer edge entirely. The closer you get to the disc edge, the more prone you are to burn errors. No software can overcome/prevent that. Even with quality media. Once you start the burn process, everything is in the hands of the drive. Yes even with Verbatim blanks, i use that brand myself exclusively. 3GB will make very little difference image quality wise. And i use BDRB itself too, i tried max capacity a few times and i saw ZERO difference between default settings and max size.

You're right, but there's a also a difference in the burner type. This is for BD 50 much more interesting, than for BD 25, but can't be ignored here. I only wanted to show a solution for the size issue.
Technical problems with playback on the other hand, are possible.

Last edited:
I don't burn passed 6x even with 16x media so having a burn issue is nil. All I'm getting is push back on how "I don't want to do this or wanna do that", but I want to use all available space towards the video that isn't being used for audio or subtitles. Clonedvd does this and does it very well and I expect CloneBD to do the same. Yes, by using the custom setting you can do the same thing but only after trial and error multiple times which waste my time as the calculator within the program is inaccurate. I don't have hours to flush for trial and error I just want to burn the disc knowing that I'm using all available space. If done right I shouldn't see more than 25 megabytes left over. I having been burning DVD's and now Bluray's since 2001 I certainly think I know what I'm doing and know exactly what I want and why. Also if you want to go back even further I remember my first 4x Sony CD burner which cost 300 bucks. Lastly I have been it's in Nvidia's hands this and that and that is false when the Nvidia acceleration is completely off which makes it totally in Elby's hands.

There's a big difference counting free space between DVD and BD. If you want to make a DVD fit on ab single layer DVD-R, you only have to choose 4432 MB output size and it does so. A BD doesn't behave so. The different media structure is the point.
No programm I use, makes a BD fit exactly. You are not the only one who's burning for a long time and is keen in burning.
This problem was discussed often and the answer was always the same: It's not possible to do this reliable for a BD. Not for CloneBD or for some other programs I know. I use 3 diffrent with the ability to shrink. The suggested size is that, what will fit in every case. If you choose more than this, you can't blame anyone when it's too big.

There's a big difference counting free space between DVD and BD. If you want to make a DVD fit on ab single layer DVD-R, you only have to choose 4432 MB output size and it does so. A BD doesn't behave so. The different media structure is the point.
No programm I use, makes a BD fit exactly. You are not the only one who's burning for a long time and is keen in burning.
This problem was discussed often and the answer was always the same: It's not possible to do this reliable for a BD. Not for CloneBD or for some other programs I know. I use 3 diffrent with the ability to shrink. The suggested size is that, what will fit in every case. If you choose more than this, you can't blame anyone when it's too big.

the file types is different but the BD file structure is the same (UDF) DVD and BD both have layers. Also you and your point is so stupid because BD Rebuilder does what I want just fine. Your trying to defend something that shouldn't be defended. Your trying to say something can't be done when it already has by others. I already know how I'm going to fix this just do it as a BD50 to remove the Cinavia then BD25 it through BD Rebuilder because BD Rebuilder does what you say can't be done. Gee what a tard.

Trust me, You don't WANT to burn to the outer edge entirely. The closer you get to the disc edge, the more prone you are to burn errors. No software can overcome/prevent that. Even with quality media. Once you start the burn process, everything is in the hands of the drive. Yes even with Verbatim blanks, i use that brand myself exclusively. 3GB will make very little difference image quality wise. And i use BDRB itself too, i tried max capacity a few times and i saw ZERO difference between default settings and max size.
I can notice a difference and anytime you want to do a view test I'm up to the challenge.

There's nothing stupid than your understanding of the technic. BD is quiet different from DVD and BD Rebuilder doesn't do that better than CloneBD at all. If you instead of just writing, would read there in the forum, you would know that. I work with the BD Rebuilder since 2009 and can tell you clearly that you are not right. But if you know that for sure, why are you asking?

Anyone who is a straight up best quality fool I suggest the following:
1.Use any decrypter to get content to harddrive. (This will not remove Cinavia) I use MakeMKV in decrypter mode.
2. Use Elby CloneBD in 50GB mode this will remove Cinavia from audio but will leave video untouched. takes about 15 minutes.
3. Use BD Rebuilder for re-encoding the video and set it to Custom and in Settings set custom to 23852 as this will take it right under the mark that a single layer BD can hold without over-burning.
4. Once done use Nero or whatever burning software you like to burn it.

*Need more than one copy? Then just copy your master so you don't have to go through all the steps again.

No, you will not be able to use Nvidia acceleration but if your're a quality fool then you know using Nvidia acceleration isn't a very good idea anyhow. This will be all software rendering.

Last edited:
There's nothing stupid than your understanding of the technic. BD is quiet different from DVD and BD Rebuilder doesn't do that better than CloneBD at all. If you instead of just writing, would read there in the forum, you would know that. I work with the BD Rebuilder since 2009 and can tell you clearly that you are not right. But if you know that for sure, why are you asking?
Oh wow a blind follower. I don't need anymore of your replies I got a workaround.

Regarding nr 2. Sorry but that only works when anydvd is running in the background and processing a disc (image). It does NOT work when CloneBD is processing a folder source and without anydvd. As its not CloneBD that's doing the removal. It's ANYDVD that taps into CloneBD's audio processing module (and it doesnt know/care that anydvd is doing that), which then applies the removal fix.

CloneBD CANNOT remove cinavia on its own from any type of source (folder/disc/image)

That is wrong as well as they want you to believe for more sales. I tried my method on a known Cinavia disc and the method works. The standalone SONY player worked and so did my Samsung player and also DVDFab showed everything was clean. I also know MakeMKV does not remove it. So I tested before running my mouth which it seems others need to do the same.

BTW the players were online updated as well. Oh the disc I use was The 2019 Lion King which is known to have the protection the original copy was tested by myself and it also show it as as Cinavia protected online.

The decryption of the disc to be copied is an AnyDVD thing but the Cinavia is all on CloneBD. Only one catch is you MUST re-encode the audio if the audio is untouched the removal will NOT take place.

The Only Exception Ch3vron that I can see and did not test is I only using Stereo audio and if the protection is hiding on another audio channel other than the right/left audio then by essentially shutting those channels off is blocking the protection. That is the only way I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back