• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Dropout, 4k, Partial ISO - A Quiet Place Part 2, Last Action Hero, Gattaca, Alita BA, Brave

Tanquen

Newest issue with Alita:

I got a new M9702 V3 media player that can play the ISO files so no more messing about with MKVs and MP4s.

I created a partial copy and all looks good but there is an audio dropout at the 36 second mark. I deleted MP4 file but I don’t think it was there. So I created another partial copy ISO file and the same thing. When I look at the file sizes the new one is a little smaller. I’m not doing transcoding so shouldn’t the output file always be the same?

When I play the full ISO on the media player the audio dropout is not there. ???

New issue with Alita:

This is the first one I’ve had where Dolby Vision is not working in the created mp4 file. I’ve been playing them on an LG C9 TV and if I don’t check the include Dolby Vision option the mp4 plays but not if I check it. The file is about 2GB bigger with it on. On the selection page, I see none of the Main Feature options has the cyan box with all the film stats in it like res and FPS and so on. That mean anything? Some of the Fragment titles do. Do I have to add one of the fragments to get the Dolby Vision info?

There are 10 main features to choose from and CloneBD choses one that is about 5 minutes shorter than all the others and is missing the 20th century fox lead in for one. Is there a better way to compare all the playlists in CloneBD? In Clown_BD it would show a simple string of the stream files like [296+344+297+299…] under each title or mpls selection. It’s a little harder to compare them on the CloneBD summery.

Last edited:
Here is a log if that helps. It’s either 800 or 801 as they both use stream 687 with English text after the 20th Century Fox logo but they seem to use all the same stream files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.1_Info_E_ALITA_BATTLE_ANGEL_3B9726C4_00000000.ziplog
    306.8 KB · Views: 3
There are 10 main features to choose from and CloneBD choses one that is about 5 minutes shorter than all the others and is missing the 20th century fox lead in for one. Is there a better way to compare all the playlists in CloneBD? In Clown_BD it would show a simple string of the stream files like [296+344+297+299…] under each title or mpls selection. It’s a little harder to compare them on the CloneBD summery.
CloneBD pre-selects one of the possible candidates, yes, but whether it's "wrong" for your specific needs, CloneBD can't possibly say.
In 99% of all cases, that pre-selection is what you want, for that final 1% you just have to use common sense.

In the end it's up to you to select one - I'm not sure, how a list of stream files is going to help you choose.

All 10 are valid. For an English speaking viewer, yes, 800 is probably the right choice. 801 is the Japanese version.
CloneBD has the preview player and the language box on the selection page, that should be sufficient aid to find the right one.

When you hover the mouse over a film strip, you'll see the stream file numbers as well, if that really helps you.

I'm not really sure, what you're asking for.

I have an easier time finding the stream numbers that are different between them all and then looking at the different ones to find the right one. I never noticed the mouse over had that, thanks. Listed under the film strip would be cool.

I don’t know, it picked the one of the ten that was shorter, only one stream file and missing a lead in and end credits. I thought I saw somewhere it picked the longer title.

This is the first one I’ve had where Dolby Vision is not working in the created mp4 file. I’ve been playing them on an LG C9 TV and if I don’t check the include Dolby Vision option the mp4 plays but not if I check it. The file is about 2GB bigger with it on. On the selection page, I see none of the Main Feature options has the cyan box with all the film stats in it like res and FPS and so on. That mean anything? Some of the Fragment titles do. Do I have to add one of the fragments to get the Dolby Vision info?

I have an easier time finding the stream numbers that are different between them all and then looking at the different ones to find the right one. I never noticed the mouse over had that, thanks. Listed under the film strip would be cool.

I don’t know, it picked the one of the ten that was shorter, only one stream file and missing a lead in and end credits. I thought I saw somewhere it picked the longer title.

Please post a CloneBD log file of the transcoding.
If you don't have it, just repeat the process and abort after 1 minute.

Also, can you please clear CloneBD's cache (there's a button in the settings dialog)?
Then open the disc again and on the selection page, wait for all title strips to fill. Is there still no DV info? If so, then a screen shot might be helpful.

Please post a CloneBD log file of the transcoding.
If you don't have it, just repeat the process and abort after 1 minute.

Also, can you please clear CloneBD's cache (there's a button in the settings dialog)?
Then open the disc again and on the selection page, wait for all title strips to fill. Is there still no DV info? If so, then a screen shot might be helpful.

Clearing the cache did the trick. The title strips had the info box and the mp4 worked this time. Thanks!

Newest issue with Alita:

I got a new M9702 V3 media player that can play the ISO files so no more messing about with MKVs and MP4s.

I created a partial copy and all looks good but there is an audio dropout at the 36 second mark. I deleted MP4 file but I don’t think it was there. So I created another partial copy ISO file and the same thing. When I look at the file sizes the new one is a little smaller. I’m not doing transcoding so shouldn’t the output file always be the same?

When I play the full ISO on the media player the audio dropout is not there. ???

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.6.1.ALITA_BATTLE_ANGEL.cbdlog
    861.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
36 seconds is exactly where there is a clip change from clip #687 to #688.
There may be an master frame missing - Dolby TrueHD is a diva.

So I created another partial copy ISO file and the same thing. When I look at the file sizes the new one is a little smaller.
Smaller compared to what? The original disc? The other copy?
With the same settings it should always be the same size, yes. Maybe you changed some setting and forgot about it.

It's all hard to tell without the disc in hand, I can just speculate.

So I created another partial copy ISO file and the same thing. When I look at the file sizes the new one is a little smaller."

Smaller compared to the first partial copy. :) It was not by much but after testing the full ISO on the NAS I deleted the first partial copy. I’ve been using the same settings in CloneBD from disc to disc but I could have changed something but again it was only a few MB and they both still had the same drop out in the same place. I can try another copy. Do you need any more logs?

Same file size for the third partial copy but the log file is 2KB smaller.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.6.1.ALITA_BATTLE_ANGEL_1.cbdlog
    859.3 KB · Views: 2
Any word on a fix? I watched Pixar’s Brave last night and it also has some audio skips. One is at 20:10.

Tried 1.2.8.1 this morning and the same. All the other audio tracks are ok.

Midway also has some little dropouts but the video has a little skip as well so not sure if it's the same issue. :(

The 4K of the movie "2012" also has a dropout at 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Gattaca also has a good number of audio dropouts micro skips. Has some at 33 minutes. I made another ISO and they are still there but move around a bit. Like the others, if I just play the full ISO all is well.

While I don't play ISO's (I use Plex) I do always create a UHD ISO first and then I create a lossless MKV off that using CloneBD. I have never had these issues that you do. I can confirm that I have one of the same titles you do (not sure if its the same region etc) but I have Alita UHD and I have played it without issue.

I know that does not solve your problem but at least you know it should technically be working OK.

Back