• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cars Blu-ray-Only Playlist Obfuscation

PhilBax

Trial user here.

I see references to "submitting a log" to RedFox when playlist de-obfuscation fails. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to submit it directly, or through these forums.

I have a Blu-ray-only copy of Cars that I'm attempting to rip. AnyDVD doesn't show any "correct" playlist in the status window. Handbrake shows four playlists with the same duration (00052, 00072, 00074, and 00077).

I'm currently comparing MakeMKV and AnyDVD. MakeMKV claimed the last three playlists were "identical" to 00052 (they aren't; at the very least they have fewer audio and subtitle tracks), so it simply removed them.

I'm currently ripping 00052.mpls as I do believe it to be the actual original video. However, wanted to submit a log for analysis by AnyDVD. Hope this is the right way/place to do this. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_E_CARS_USA_F0556DCD_7953FA31.ziplog
    363.8 KB · Views: 3
Submitting logs to the forum is the proper method :) So you did that right. As to screenpass, that's not on this disc. That title only has 4 playlists (the ones you mentioned). It's likely just a matter of the "angles" being slightly different. Meaning intro/outro credits, ingame signage that sort of stuff.

Gotcha! Good to know, and thanks for the help! So... in this case, the best way to tell which version to rip would be... to just manually look for the one with the most subtitle/audio track options?

Use Clone BD and start watching each playlist in the preview pane. Disney does this on most of their animated discs. Usually they are different languages and you can find the one you want very quickly.

Back