• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Lion King (US)

BigBobber

I just tried to back up The Lion King (US) on DVD. The reading process does not even get to 1% before I get the following message:

Trying to repair defective DVD structure

Unfortunately, I am about to head out for an appointment and don't have time to wait for the operation to conclude (and to then post the error log). I wanted to make you aware of the issue. Hopefully someone else that experiences the same issue (if it's not just a specific defective disk) can post a log file to help me out. I'll be home late and will add to this with the log.

Figured I'd at least make someone aware of the issue, even if I could not provide all the required info. Thought a warning of a potential problem was better than keeping quiet. Don't beat me up too much with the "should have posted a log" comments. lol

Update: After it repaired the structure, the backup resumed as normal. I'll give a final update when I get back late tonight (probably 1am EST -- US).

Not going to beat you up with wooden logs but in cases such as yours (or any case really) it is recommended to still post a logfile. Reallt only takes a couple seconds to create one. Less time than it took you to write that .

Reason being simple, maybe anydvd can be given an update so that the 'repairing...' won't need to happen at all

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I experienced the same thing. It started repairing the DVD structure at 0%. I prepared a log if it helps anyone. It's still extracting, but after it's done, I'll feed the VIDEO_TS output (I make sure to always extract to files even if the disc isn't structurally protected.) into DVDShrink and create a new VIDEO_TS with it with no compression to see if it bombs out for any reason.

EDIT: Fed the extracted VIDEO_TS into DVDShrink and wrote out a new VIDEO_TS with no compression. No problems doing that. Doesn't mean the video output is correct, but it's a decent indication that it is. Until actually watching the extracted output, I can't say for sure the decrypted files are correct.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_K_THE_LION_KING.ziplog
    152.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Not going to beat you up with wooden logs but in cases such as yours (or any case really) it is recommended to still post a logfile. Reallt only takes a couple seconds to create one. Less time than it took you to write that .

Reason being simple, maybe anydvd can be given an update so that the 'repairing...' won't need to happen at all

Yes and no, my esteemed friend of the site.

When I left, the copy operation was still running. I just tried to give a "heads up" in case the "repairing structure" did not work or if the copy failed (which I fully expected it would). I was going to post the resulting logfile when I got home, but I see dbminter beat me to it.

Regardless, the backup worked so it was all for naught. But others at least know to expect an error message for the time being.

Long live Red Fox!

You still need to post yours too. There's no guarantee he's got the same version

I experienced the same thing. It started repairing the DVD structure at 0%. I prepared a log if it helps anyone. It's still extracting, but after it's done, I'll feed the VIDEO_TS output (I make sure to always extract to files even if the disc isn't structurally protected.) into DVDShrink and create a new VIDEO_TS with it with no compression to see if it bombs out for any reason.

EDIT: Fed the extracted VIDEO_TS into DVDShrink and wrote out a new VIDEO_TS with no compression. No problems doing that. Doesn't mean the video output is correct, but it's a decent indication that it is. Until actually watching the extracted output, I can't say for sure the decrypted files are correct.
Can you please try to disable "copy protection based on ..."? Does it still want to perform a repair scan?

How does elby CloneDVD2 (latest beta) perform?

I also attempted to back up The Lion King (US) on DVD. The reading process using AnyDVD immediately started "repairing the DVD structure" at 0%, then slowly goes through to 100%, when AnyDVD then backs up the disc normally. Attached is a log file. After it's finished, the extracted VIDEO_TS plays flawlessly in its entirety, so it appears its an annoyance more than anything.

Thank you!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_F_THE_LION_KING.ziplog
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
When I disable the "Copy Protection based on unreadable Sectors" setting, the copying process begins just fine, but only processes to 5% before starting the repair process.

When I disable the "Copy Protection based on unreadable Sectors" setting, the copying process begins just fine, but only processes to 5% before starting the repair process.

I tried this, but I did not get the same result as you did. I'm currently at 12% and there's been no process to repair the structure.

Also, and this may be because of the setting being disabled for copy protection based on unreadable sectors, but AnyDVD didn't return there was structural copy protection on the disc. With it enabled, it does do scanning for protections. Again, I'm guessing this is because of that setting being disabled.

EDIT: Extraction completed 100% without any error. DVDShrink read in the VIDEO_TS and wrote a new one without error, but there appears to be a difference in the VIDEO_TS output between the 2 AnyDVD extractions. The one with Copy protection based on bad sectors disabled has a large section of black video at the start of DVDShrink processing. The VIDEO_TS with Copy protection based on bad sectors enabled does not have this large section of black video at the start of writing to the new VIDEO_TS.

So, without having watched the entirety of the extracted VIDEO_TS, I can't say if it extracted correctly or not.

Last edited:
Attached is a log file generated for this disc with the Copy protection based on bad sectors disabled. The previous log was with it enabled.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_K_THE_LION_KING.ziplog
    126.4 KB · Views: 3
I have U.S. Redbox rental and get "Trying to repair defective DVD structure...Please Wait!" I am using Clone DVD 2.9.3.6. Beta with it too.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_E_THE_LION_KING.ziplog
    147.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
How does elby CloneDVD2 (latest beta) perform?
It performed Flawlessly! No Issue with this Title, Region 1 US. Using AnyDVD 8.4.0.0 and CloneDVD Version 2.9.3.6. Beta
The Backup played Flawlessly!

I have U.S. Redbox rental and get "Trying to repair defective DVD structure...Please Wait!" I am using Clone DVD 2.9.3.6. Beta with it too.
I had No Trouble with the same title. You might have a defective/dirty disc. Perhaps.

Most likely not a defective disc as I also encountered similar behavior on mine, which wasn't a Redbox rental, although it may have been intended for Redbox machines and just sold separately as the DVD only option, e.g. not sold with the Blu-Ray as a combo pack. It would be highly unlikely for 2 different people to both have defective or dirty discs. Although it's always possible. Anything is possible in a quantum universe. :)

Okay, let it finish the repair, it should work just fine. I assume there is an authoring error on this disc, which will be repaired.

I took just the main movie with no issues either. So I'm not relevant.
-W

With a US "The Lion King" DVD, I ran into the same CloneDVD "Trying to repair defective DVD structure" message. I canceled the copy, expecting it to fail (I've never had it work after that message) but found this thread. So I started it again, still using all AnyDVD defaults, and let CloneDVD complete the repair scan; CloneDVD then copied the full disc and the copy played fine.

Using AnyDVD 8.4.0.2, CloneDVD 2.9.3.3.

I saved a log file, but it doesn't seem like there's a reason to post it since the previous 8.4.0.0 logfiles probably show the same thing. And letting CloneDVD complete the repair then copy as James suggested worked.

Back