• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dolby Vision

From the specifications on eARC, the answer must be YES. But DV is already an added value that should not be ignored, so dynamic HDR is just better than static HDR

The LG media player shows an error with HD audio but I don't have eARC enabled on the TV or an eARC receiver... yet. Just wondering it anyone has done it before getting a new eARC receiver.

I've watched a few things and so far the HDR and or DV just look a little washed out on the LG 77C9.
I set my old Kuro next to the 77C9 and it’s hard to tell any difference watching the same movie. Regular Blu-ray on the Kuro and UHD 4k with HDR on the other. If I then play the regular Blu-ray on the 77C9 it looks better. As it’s contrast seem better. Maybe the OLED is not as good at HDR because of the lower brightness and the extra white elements use to get it as bright as it is muting the colors a little. Motion and sharpness is also way better on the Kuro.

To be fair you are posting in a thread called Dolby vision and didn't specify you weren't trying to play it. Lol however if it is earc on hdmi 2.1 then yes it'll handle atmos and dtsx audio assuming everything in the chain supports it.

As for the discussion on HDR vs Dolby vision or hdr10+, I'm still in the madvr dynamic tone mapping camp. The latest beta builds improve things greatly and fixed a bug for us HDR output users.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

no, no, there is nothing wrong with the right settings

20190823_172737.jpg 20190823_173003.jpg 20190820_232232.jpg

To be fair you are posting in a thread called Dolby vision and didn't specify you weren't trying to play it. Lol however if it is earc on hdmi 2.1 then yes it'll handle atmos and dtsx audio assuming everything in the chain supports it

right(y)

To be fair you are posting in a thread called Dolby vision and didn't specify you weren't trying to play it. Lol however if it is earc on hdmi 2.1 then yes it'll handle atmos and dtsx audio assuming everything in the chain supports it.

As for the discussion on HDR vs Dolby vision or hdr10+, I'm still in the madvr dynamic tone mapping camp. The latest beta builds improve things greatly and fixed a bug for us HDR output users.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's stuff we had touched on and did not want to another thread. :)

Maybe someone will chime in that they have done it. It should work but I'd not be surprised if the LG media player would not pass the HD audio from an MKV for some reason.

no, no, there is nothing wrong with the right settings

View attachment 48766 View attachment 48767 View attachment 48768

HDR is not something you can really take a picture of and show someone.

Trust me I spent lots of time with them side by side watching parts of Blu-rays and the same Netflix show in HD on the Kuro and then UHD/HDR/DV on the 77LG. Setting HDR for a whole film don’t sound all that great and Dolby Vision or HDR10+ sound way better but setting and watching I can’t really tell. I mean the HD Netflix or Blu-ray on the Kuro look a little more saturated and the UHD DV on the 77C9 looks a little washed out. I can mess with the brightness or contrast and then they mostly look the same. In some shots you can see a little something on the LG with HDR but watching the same show or movie side by side its tuff to feel like its money well spent.

I’ve been waiting for ages (not going to live forever) to upgrade and the 77C9 only makes sense and just barely so, in totality with the extra size and HDMI 2.1 and better blacks and so on but the Kuro, after like ten years (the first 77C9 lasted like 30 days) still dose well and a number of things better.

From the specifications on eARC, the answer must be YES. But DV is already an added value that should not be ignored, so dynamic HDR is just better than static HDR
It's stuff we had touched on and did not want to another thread. :)

Maybe someone will chime in that they have done it. It should work but I'd not be surprised if the LG media player would not pass the HD audio from an MKV for some reason.

I got a new AVR-X6500H with eARC and it no worky. :(

I went ahead with the M9702 v3 and it seems to work well. It's nice just to make the movie only ISO and have HD-Audio/DV/everything work.

Back