• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

criminal with cinevia issues

hspm1

I ripped and burned the movie Criminal but when watch it, during the movie the audio stops and the cinevia message comes out. I've allready had this same problem with a few other movies, Can this be fixed?

I ripped and burned the movie Criminal but when watch it, during the movie the audio stops and the cinevia message comes out. I've allready had this same problem with a few other movies, Can this be fixed?
Yes, play the DVD on a DVD player or a pre 2012 Bluray player.

Yes, play the DVD on a DVD player or a pre 2012 Bluray player.
Thanks, I used to play it on a Sony dvd player with no problem but it broke and when I tried playing it on a Samsung dvd player which is the same brand as my blueray player the same thing happened. Then I went and bought another new dvd player and this new one won't even accept the disc so now I'm trying to fix my Sony player which needs a new belt but thank you for your advicewhich was very helpful.

Thanks, I used to play it on a Sony dvd player with no problem but it broke and when I tried playing it on a Samsung dvd player which is the same brand as my blueray player the same thing happened. Then I went and bought another new dvd player and this new one won't even accept the disc so now I'm trying to fix my Sony player which needs a new belt but thank you for your advicewhich was very helpful.
A defective disc is one thing, Cinavia is another. I have not seen or heard of a DVD player that detects Cinavia. Bluray, yes. DVD, no.

Thanks again, you know, now that you mention it about defective discs, I have several movies that I burned where after watching it more than once the end of the movie would freeze. I usually buy my blank discs from Amazon either 50 or 100 pack dvd-r or dvd+r. Is there a difference in quality in brand or format?

there most definitely is, both between DVD+R and DVD-R as well as between brands per type. But that's not relevant to cinavia detection, which is the subject here.

Thanks again, you know, now that you mention it about defective discs, I have several movies that I burned where after watching it more than once the end of the movie would freeze. I usually buy my blank discs from Amazon either 50 or 100 pack dvd-r or dvd+r. Is there a difference in quality in brand or format?
+/- R there isn't a lot of difference now, but in brand most certainly. Taiyo Yuden Premium (NOT Value Line) was the best, but they have since sold to JVC/CMC and I'm not sure if the quality is what it was. Other than that, Verbatim.

Not the datalife series too I hope, cause in that case I'll need to stick up on supplies quick.

Did a quick Google and it's only been a few months. I'll need to load up. But then again it could go the other way around too, cmc crap improving in quality

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not the datalife series too I hope, cause in that case I'll need to stick up on supplies quick.

Did a quick Google and it's only been a few months. I'll need to load up. But then again it could go the other way around too, cmc crap improving in quality

I don't believe Mitsubishi has anything to do with any Verbatim disc production anymore.

The quickest source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14597/cmc-buys-verbatim-assets-from-mitsubishi

[...]

Under the terms of the agreement, CMC will pay Mitsubishi Chemical $32 million in cash for Verbatim-related assets, including patents, technologies, sales network, and other. Being one of the pioneers of blank floppy disk and optical media, Verbatim owns a large portfolio of IP for discs, including production methods, various coatings, and other technologies. Meanwhile, Mitsubishi Chemical has used the brand to market USB flash drives, SSDs, DAS devices, power banks, various accessories, and even 3D printing filaments. It is unclear whether CMC is also set to get these businesses and whether it intends to keep them running.

CMC has manufactured Verbatim-branded optical media for a while now using Verbatim’s technologies, so change of ownership is not expected to result in change of quality. Meanwhile, since the whole Verbatim supply chain will now belong to CMC, it is possible to expect the media to get slightly cheaper. Furthermore, with IP from Verbatim, CMC will be able to improve its own-brand products without paying for a license.

[...]

In theory, I'd agree and hope that quality hasn't changed but we all know how that goes.

PS: Feel free to split this discussion off. I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.

Last edited:
A change in quality is not expected, lol. Not for the life series no, yes for the datalife plus series

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So what's the difference between dvd+r and dvd-r ? Also do you lose quality with rw's? By the way thanks for all your responses, am learning a lot.

Since this is now becomming a disc type discussion, i'll be moving this topic. That said, here's a link to a quick summary of the differences

Code:
https://www.lifewire.com/different-types-of-dvd-recorders-2482957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_recordable#DVD-R_and_DVD-RW_(DVD_%E2%80%9Cdash%E2%80%9D)
https://www.diffen.com/difference/DVD%2BR_vs_DVD-R

DVD+R is for many superior to -R media, and on top of that supports booktype setting (for compatibility with older players) on drives that support setting the booktype.

RW's are re-writeable discs. You can't pin yourself on that for quality. That's a brand issue, not a disc type issue

Back