• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corrupt (?) DVD copy

sogarth

I'm attempting to rip a Japanese DVD of mine, and I see a couple of odd issues:
* It takes a really long time to scan (according to the logs, a little over 4 minutes of... something).
* After it scans, although it thinks it found the right key, and I'm able to rip the DVD, attempting to play it (whether directly from the disc or from the rip) results in staticy audio and jumpy, macro-blocked video.
* Playing from a R2 PS3 plays the disc with no issues.

I've tried:
* disabling: Copy Protection based on unreadable Sectors (didn't help),
* additionally disabling: Analog Protection System, Prohibited User Operations, Remove annoying clips from menus, Remove annoying titles shorter than, Read from (CSS Key) archive (the producer intro played fine, the main content still busted)

Any ideas? Logs attached (speaking of which, it didn't detect my PowerDVD 16 installation). Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_E_TEN_SURA_OAD02.ziplog
    313.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm attempting to rip a Japanese DVD of mine, and I see a couple of odd issues:
* It takes a really long time to scan (according to the logs, a little over 4 minutes of... something).
* After it scans, although it thinks it found the right key, and I'm able to rip the DVD, attempting to play it (whether directly from the disc or from the rip) results in staticy audio and jumpy, macro-blocked video.
* Playing from a R2 PS3 plays the disc with no issues.

I've tried:
* disabling: Copy Protection based on unreadable Sectors (didn't help),
* additionally disabling: Analog Protection System, Prohibited User Operations, Remove annoying clips from menus, Remove annoying titles shorter than, Read from (CSS Key) archive (the producer intro played fine, the main content still busted)

Any ideas? Logs attached (speaking of which, it didn't detect my PowerDVD 16 installation). Thanks!
This looks wrong:
267.23s: title 2 range 8678-8690 8690-774871 (M 0, T 8690) 774871-774883 key 0000000000

Do you have a spare drive you can set to region 2 to extract the correct key?

I gather this is what you're looking for? ~7s from start to finish.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_F_TEN_SURA_OAD02.ziplog
    45.3 KB · Views: 4
I gather this is what you're looking for? ~7s from start to finish.
7.09s: title 2 range 8678-8690 8690-774871 (M 0, T 8690) 774871-774883 key c01a35954d

Looks like a nice CSS key. Does it work now?

7.09s: title 2 range 8678-8690 8690-774871 (M 0, T 8690) 774871-774883 key c01a35954d

Looks like a nice CSS key. Does it work now?
I did check that it played correctly when I posted that log, but the situation of the original drive being unable to determine the CSS key is still a bug. :/ A different product was able to determine it correctly without needing an R2 drive, fwiw.

I did check that it played correctly when I posted that log, but the situation of the original drive being unable to determine the CSS key is still a bug. :/ A different product was able to determine it correctly without needing an R2 drive, fwiw.
Very odd. I would need the original disc (with CSS) to look into it. But if you know the key, you can now use the R1 drive, too by adding it to the CSS archive.

Back