• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bottom of selection window cut off

Clarity3

Making a Partial copy of Mad Max - Fury Road (4K).

On the Selection page for the Main Feature, when selecting the Audio/Subtitle the window has the bottom cut off so when the sliders are furthest down the last line of Audio or Subtitle cannot be read. As shown below.

upload_2019-7-17_14-30-51.png

This does not appear to happen on blu-ray and as this is the only 4K I have at the moment, I am unable to see if this is a generic issue.

yes it can, notice the brown bar on the right? Thats a scroll bar. According to that image, the scrollbars are in their farthest UPWARDS position, not downwards.

yes it can, notice the brown bar on the right? Thats a scroll bar. According to that image, the scrollbars are in their farthest UPWARDS position, not downwards.
That's not the point.
The scrollbars themselves are visibly cut off. So I'm sure, what he says is true.

i must havee missunderstood then. Perhaps that orange slideout thingy can get a size increase in general. Always has been a bit small

Yes, I realise the scroll bars are not at the bottom of their range, it is as Pete says, the bottom of the scroll bar range (down arrow) that is cut off, illustrating the form issue.

This issue does not appear to be present on all UHD discs. This image from 'Blade Runner 2049' 4K version does not show clipping of the audio/subtitle pane as it did above.

View attachment 47941

This issue does not appear to be present on all UHD discs. This image from 'Blade Runner 2049' 4K version does not show clipping of the audio/subtitle pane as it did above.
I don't think it has anything to do with UHD at all.
I suppose that specific amount of audio and/or subtitle entries somehow triggers a Qt resizing bug.

Pete, not sure if you can see the image. I can't any longer, for some reason, but probably not important if you have enough information to determine it is a bug.

On the Selection page for the Main Feature, when selecting the Audio/Subtitle the window has the bottom cut off so when the sliders are furthest down the last line of Audio or Subtitle cannot be read.
So far we were unable to reproduce this with any disc.
Your settings box in the image appears to be unusually narrow (see example here for the typical dimensions: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/2x-bugs-evil-dead-2-uhd.77284/).

Can you please post a screen shot from a disc where the effect doesn't show?
Also: what is the screen resolution and scaling factor?

Sorry for the delay. I have a number of discs that have few audio/subtitle channels that do not invoke the slider bar. This is Mad Max - Fury Road again, but the blu ray version that shows the slider.

upload_2019-8-11_17-51-19.png

Screen resolution is 1900 x 1200, Scaling 100%

Oops! finger trouble, should be; 1920 x 1200

Last edited:
Can you pleas post a log file from the disc that causes the cut-off? Then at least we know exactly how many tracks appear to trigger this.

That's a bit of a problem. I have loaned the disc and might not get it back for another week. I will see if I can shorten the time.

At last I have the disc back and made a selection with settings as in the first instance.

upload_2019-8-23_11-59-24.png

Clearly the issue has not repeated. This is interesting as every aspect is the same, even retaining the same AnyDVD HD and CloneBD versions.
I guess an oddity at the time. Please let me know if you still want a log file.

After a bit of trialling I have recreated the issue.

upload_2019-8-23_14-1-25.png

For me this can be shown by;
Selecting a 'Partial' copy.
Ensure the 'Settings' tab is closed when the title strips first appear (It is possible with repeated tries to have the 'Settings' tab expanded when selecting the copy mode)
Move the main slider to the last title strip (in my instance Title 4)
Move cursor onto last title strip to allow 'Settings' tab to drop alongside this last title.
Click the 'Settings' tab to expand.
Settings pane opens in narrow state.
Move main slider up to the Main feature title without closing the 'Settings' tab and hover cursor over the title to move the 'Settings' pane.
As this title has a reasonably long list of Audioand Subtitle channels the narrow pane is more noticeable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for carving this out.

But so far I had no luck.
You lose me at "Settings pane opens in narrow state".
It simply never does for me. I think I followed your description precisely - with three different discs so far.
The settings pane always opens full sized.

I tried CloneBD maximized or window as small as possible, with 100% Desktop scaling and with 150%.
I just can't make it happen.

The "narrow pane" itself shouldn't happen.

With the disc Mad Max - Fury Road (4K) the last title has nothing in it (no frames, audio or subtitles), not sure if that makes a difference.
I have found, making sure the 'Settings' is closed and moving the main slider to show the last title then with the cursor in the frames, click to show the white dotted outline, then click 'Settings' and the tab opens. On my sytem the tab form aligns itself top and bottom with the dotted lines.

When moving to the Main feature, without closing the 'Settings' tab the form stays the same height but as there is now a lot of content the bottom is trimmed off.

I have found for each trial the process has to be started from the Source selection.

I have now found how to make this effect appear consistently (at least for me)
Starting as before, Partial and in the title selections window move the cursor on the Main feature title strip to position the 'Settings' tab alongside (unopened).

With the cursor on the main slider to shift the titles up and down, move the slider down so the top title and the 'Settings' tab disappear up behind the 'select titles' top bar, then move the cursor up to reveal the top title and 'Settings' tab. Each time the 'Settings' tab reappears it has shrunk a little until the word 'Settings' cannot be read. See below.

upload_2019-8-23_18-27-33.png

Now clicking on the 'Settings' tab shows a very narrow pane.

I have now found how to make this effect appear consistently (at least for me)
With your last description, we were finally able to reproduce this little oddity, thank you.

It's a strange rounding error in the animation - we applied a workaround coming up in the next beta.
I can't see this happening any more, but to be sure, please test it again, once we release the next beta (possibly today).

Back