• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Personally I'd put the MK 3.10 version from MakeMKV on there. It's what I'm using on mine and it rocks.

I watched the video on the MakeMKV LibreDrive forum and started the process.
But after downgrading to 3.02 I thought, why don't I try to see if it works?
And it works. I will keep all the flashers/firmware and if I need to I will "upgrade" to 3.10.
But for now, I'll live it alone with 3.02. Running it right now...

Thank you very much for your advice and help.
All my best wishes.

3.02 works, yes. MK 3.10 fixes the sleep bug and is better at reading triple layer discs. But as long as you don't run into any issues. 3.02 should be fine.

DeUHD definitely isn't the cheapest but, honestly, it works very well.

The MK firmware issue may just come down to Arusoft having a whitelist for supported drive/firmware rather than it having anything to do with something super technical. So, if that was the case and 3.10 isn't whitelisted then neither would the MK firmware. That seems overly simple but you never know. Maybe Arusoft will reply to my question over at Myce.

Dredging this up again. With the recent update from Arusoft I thought I'd revisit if they'd added support for MK firmware. Nope. It's not like inquiries weren't made and nothing but radio silence followed. But, I did find something of interest and maybe it was this way before, as well. When scanning a UHD everything is going okay until DeUHD tells you the drive isn't supported. But, if you look at the status window it tells you the AACS is removed and the disc is opened. This info may be inaccurate but it makes it look like DeUHD is working fine with the drive with MK firmware until it fails a check and decides to then slam on the brakes. Doubtful that Arusoft will ever change this since they want you to buy their software.

Dredging this up again. With the recent update from Arusoft I thought I'd revisit if they'd added support for MK firmware. Nope. It's not like inquiries weren't made and nothing but radio silence followed. But, I did find something of interest and maybe it was this way before, as well. When scanning a UHD everything is going okay until DeUHD tells you the drive isn't supported. But, if you look at the status window it tells you the AACS is removed and the disc is opened. This info may be inaccurate but it makes it look like DeUHD is working fine with the drive with MK firmware until it fails a check and decides to then slam on the brakes. Doubtful that Arusoft will ever change this since they want you to buy their software.

No thanks. :)

No thanks. :)

LOL. Well, I have some friendly drives that I can't use DeUHD with and an official UHD drive that I can so my bases are covered but it's a d*ck move on Arusoft's part. But... ahem... can't say that behavior shocks me.

LOL. Well, I have some friendly drives that I can't use DeUHD with and an official UHD drive that I can so my bases are covered but it's a d*ck move on Arusoft's part. But... ahem... can't say that behavior shocks me.

I already own enough decryption programs. I don't need/want theirs. I have a friendly drive for AnyDVD and an official drive for something else. It's served me well for quite a while now.

Hello,

Have used this tool (updated version 21.03.19) tried to flash my BU40N from 1.03 to 1.00
Windows 10 X64
Drive connected via Slimline ODD SATA to USB adapter

Tool detects drive OK and reads current FW version 1.03
Selected FW version 1.00
Click Start
Get Error "Updating Failure #4."

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: The power of Google reigns.
Another user on another forum had the same issue and the answer is that a direct SATA connection (i.e. not via a USB adapter) is needed.

Will give it a go :)

Hello,

Have used this tool (updated version 21.03.19) tried to flash my BU40N from 1.03 to 1.00
Windows 10 X64
Drive connected via Slimline ODD SATA to USB adapter

Tool detects drive OK and reads current FW version 1.03
Selected FW version 1.00
Click Start
Get Error "Updating Failure #4."

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: The power of Google reigns.
Another user on another forum had the same issue and the answer is that a direct SATA connection (i.e. not via a USB adapter) is needed.

Will give it a go :)

The issue is your USB adapter. Not all support optical drives.

Hi
I used this method to my Asus Bw-161HT
one question:
I just used firmware 3.02
Is it UHD Freindly?

I own a LG BH16NS40 with FW 1.03.

Can I use your method and which FW do you recommend?

Kind regards

WARNING: Be VERY careful with NS40 drives! You *MUST* check the sticker on the drive and ENSURE that it's an NS50 drive manufactured in late 2015 or later. If it does NOT have the NS50 code on the sticker, DO NOT FLASH IT! Doing so will brick it in ways that are really painful to fix. REALLY PAINFUL.

Now, if you've gotten through my warning and you are SURE you have an NS50 code with a late 2015 or later MFG date, then you can use this method to flash DE 1.02 on that drive and you should be good to go.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. The drive is definitively older than 2015.

Then you'll definitely want to leave it alone as it's not uhd compatible and attempting to flash it will make it not read any discs at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Now I bought an LG BH16NS55. I'm nit interested in reading UHD but to better/faster copy DVD/BD with MakeMKV.
Does it make sense to use a LibreDrive Firmware and which one would you suggest for this drive?
Should I use the Flash-Tool from this thread?

Thanks again in advance.

You could but that's not going to speed anything up at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back