• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BLURAYS NOT PICKED UP

jon jones

This first started yesterday i updated to try the beta,Redfox said the drive was disabled,so had to reinstall and reboot,now it wont pick up any bluray at all,only dvd,maybe isn't a redfox only problem,but I cant think of who else is as helpful.I had a bluray in drive and redfox icon was greyed out,but it just sat idle,i could not eject,so had to reboot. Normal dvds play,rip fine,please anyone any ideas?

Last edited:
Let's start with an anydvd logfile

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

here you go.but shows the drive is empty when infact a blu-ray is in

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.1_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    24.4 KB · Views: 8
Does the drive read other discs fine? DVD's? If it does but no BD's. It might be a faulty drive. Check the firmware revision, latest is 1.03
Code:
https://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/WH14NS40/files.html

I'd start with checking the cabling

the drive sais it's "ready to work" to anydvd, but thinks there's no disc in the drive

Code:
0.63s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:1

That said, a GREY fox icon means that while anydvd is running, it's not "active". Rightclick the fox try icon. on the popup menu make sure "activate anydvd" is selected. Then go into the main GUI > drives > selection and make sure anydvd is enabled for that drive

other than that, maybe @James will have some other ideas?

the drive sais it's "ready to work" to anydvd, but thinks there's no disc in the drive

Code:

No, it says "I am not ready to work. There is no disc inside me."

it works with dvds only not blu-ray,last time laser was broken,i've had to buy a new one now

You can try to clean the lens with a cleaning disc but chances are high that the BluRay laser is broken and only the DVD laser still works. Cleaning discs clean all lenses since the lenses are positioned next to each other. Ideally you use a disc based on CD since these are the least sensitive ones. This is the sensitivity range from low to high: CD /DVD / BluRay / BluRay UHD (due to fingerprints etc., otherwise same as BluRay)

bought a new one,tried cleaning it -thanks for the input :)

Anyway.. you didn't mention the drive brand and model. If it's a LG you can try to flash to an ASUS which based on my experience reads better.

it wasan LG 14NS40 ,i tried cleaning laser,replacing cables,this is the third drive of the same type in which the laser failed,each time they just replaced it.Bought a new one,which worked fine straight away

Last edited:
Does it behave badly with all discs? I have the LG WH16NS40, and there are some discs it just refuses to read. The discs read fine in any of my Lite-On drives, though.

Does it behave badly with all discs? I have the LG WH16NS40, and there are some discs it just refuses to read. The discs read fine in any of my Lite-On drives, though.
In the end yes,was exactly that.A sign the laser was on its way out,It was picking up some discs,not others,normal DVD's were fine,BLU-RAY it picked up some,then none,they said well I called that its a different laser that reads standard DVD to Blu-ray (which i didn't know) I had exact same drive replaced for that reason only last year,and I'm sure this one.
,so went with a different maker this time.Now i need to change the firmware as came with 3.01

Last edited:
Back