• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drives ejecting discs after being scanned by AnyDVD

Moebius_II

Hi, first time posting and I apologize for any confusion. I have a Win 10 pc that has just recently started ejecting discs after AnyDVD has scanned them. I have 2 drives and both behave the same. I thought it was because of the recent Win 10 update (and it may be some other minor update), but I hadn't updated to the '1903' yet so I thought that might help. Unfortunately not. I read a thread that someone was using MyMovies, which I am as well, so I disabled it to no avail. However when I disable AnyDVD the discs don't eject. Only problem is I can't create a logfile and when I have AnyDVD enabled the discs are ejected about 1 second after they show up in the status window. Another thing is I also have a Vista 32 pc with 2 drives which are both still working fine with AnyDVD 8.3.7.0 so it has been lots of googling and forum searching.

I assume some 3rd party software is interfering. You both can post logfiles of an empty drive.

Gentlemen: I just install the UPDATE for Win/10 yesterday and this day tried to work with RedFox and it wasn't even reading my drives.
So I went to the beta 8.3.7.1. Rebooted and everything is ship shape now. I'll use this time to thank everyone at RedFox for a great program.
Been using it many years.

Still having issues after Win 10 update although the symptoms seem to have changed. Now instead of spitting all the discs out a second after AnyDVD reads the disc (it does spit them out occasionally - brand new discs - before and after cleaning), it just takes forever for CloneDVD2 to do it's pre-scan. Like 3 minutes! I can only guess how long it would take to rip because, while it does show some progress processing titles, it has gone 10 minutes and still has not gotten to 1% complete! Now it shows 1% and a 1,041 minute completion estimate! So I just cancel and fire up my 10 year old Vista PC and have it complete in 30-45min. While I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD and CloneBD for several years (and I suppose this is to the credit of all the developers!) I have not had any issues that have not been addressed in the next update. Hopefully this is the case as well. In case this helps, here is the logfile from the last dvd that I had issues with.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.1_Info_G_HOTEL_MUMBAI.ziplog
    131 KB · Views: 1
Still having issues after Win 10 update although the symptoms seem to have changed. Now instead of spitting all the discs out a second after AnyDVD reads the disc (it does spit them out occasionally - brand new discs - before and after cleaning), it just takes forever for CloneDVD2 to do it's pre-scan. Like 3 minutes! I can only guess how long it would take to rip because, while it does show some progress processing titles, it has gone 10 minutes and still has not gotten to 1% complete! Now it shows 1% and a 1,041 minute completion estimate! So I just cancel and fire up my 10 year old Vista PC and have it complete in 30-45min. While I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD and CloneBD for several years (and I suppose this is to the credit of all the developers!) I have not had any issues that have not been addressed in the next update. Hopefully this is the case as well. In case this helps, here is the logfile from the last dvd that I had issues with.
Do you have the problem with both of your drives? Are they connected to an ASMedia SATA controller? Is it possible to use Microsoft AHCI drivers instead of the ASMedia driver?

Thanks to those who replied. James, I do not have an ASMedia controller, but to my embarrassment, I had not updated the firmware on either of my drives. Not sure how a Windows update could complicate the drives firmware, or visa versa, but as soon as I updated it, everything worked as expected. This newest firmware version is 17 months old! Sorry for my ineptitudinousness! Steven Colbert would copyright that word! Thanks again to everyone and especially all the Redfox team!

Don't be, you're not the first and you won't be the last. ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Will the embarrassment never end!? First of all, Chevron, thanks for the encouragement. 2nd, any guess as to what your current setup set you back? (In it's entirety?)(Gotta be $5k+!)
Well, my previous post was premature. I'm going to try and capture a logfile, but discs are ejecting again (both drives). After I updated firmware I got CloneDVD2 to read the disc in an appropriately quick manner and when I started it everything seemed fine. However when I got off work last night it had failed at 23% and wouldn't get past the read error. So I tried it on my 10yr. old Vista32 PC and it copied just fine. Now when I try it in my (5yr. old) Win10 Pro(64) PC again it's back to ejecting the disc. I suppose there is a chance that both drives have failed simultaneously and perhaps I'll swap one of the drives from my old PC, but it seems unlikely. Back to square one!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.7.1_Info_G_SHAMELESS_SEASON_9_DISC_2.ziplog
    152 KB · Views: 2
Code:
F:\ -> \Device\CdRom0
\DosDevices\F:\ -> SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_BD-RE__WH16NS40\4&68be51&0&030000

G:\ -> \Device\CdRom1
\DosDevices\G:\ -> SCSI\CdRom&Ven_PIONEER&Prod_BD-RW___BDR-209D\4&68be51&0&040000
These are certainly no SCSI drives, so where are they connected and what driver is used for the IDE/AHCI controller?
I still assume it is an Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver?

Well not all the parts listed are new. For example all 3 optical drives have been in my past 3 systems. Same goes for the ram, GPU and external drives.

If you were to buy all parts new (pc partpicker didn't have some of them anymore or their prices) so i picked the cheapest one i could find. You're looking at $ 5.5k (ignore any compatibility issues, i got a sata port add-in card, all parts are operational)

Code:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hgdXgw

Anyways james might be on to something. What motherboard are you using and which sata ports are those drives hooked up to?

My computer has As media 106x controller as well, what I discovered is if you have ai suite from manufacturer it changes into scsi interfaces for optical drive and storage devices.

In my case I simply don't install ai suite and all the programs it come with. If you can check if you have similar program installed, also as ch3vr0n mentioned if you post detail about motherboard and manufacturer it might help narrow down the problem.

that's not really down to AI Suite, that's down to the ASmedia controller. ASmedia ports usually come in a slightly different color than the intel SATA ports. It should even be mentioned in the boards manual to ONLY hook up "STORAGE DEVICES" (aka hard drives) to those ports. ASMedia controller just doesn't like optical drives on their ports, never has. Must be something in the native design.

that's not really down to AI Suite, that's down to the ASmedia controller. ASmedia ports usually come in a slightly different color than the intel SATA ports. It should even be mentioned in the boards manual to ONLY hook up "STORAGE DEVICES" (aka hard drives) to those ports. ASMedia controller just doesn't like optical drives on their ports, never has. Must be something in the native design.

While I don't disagree with you, however I want to add I have optical drive, ssd, hard drive on as media data controller on win 10 and never encountered any problem with controller or optical drive itself.

@James, regarding SCSI I found out if I enabled ssd caching on system it changed all interface from SATA to SCSI on my system. It might be possible that it is happening on OP PC as well.

@ OP, can you revert to standard AHCI and see if things change.

Last edited:
Sorry for the dramatic pause! I've been working like a dog. I'll see if I can figure out how to change to AHCI. FYI, my system is approx. 5 yrs. old, possibly closer to 6. Motherboard is ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0. I have not changed anything except the Win 10 (1903?) update since AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and CloneBD all worked fine. Since they have started being temperamental I have updated both ODD firmwares to no avail. I'll get back to you when I try the AHCI change.

Both ODD show as AHCI in setup. One is on SATA6G port #4 and the 2nd on SATA6G port #5 (if that makes any difference). Like I already said. My whole system had been working flawlessly for several years with AnyDVD, etc. (both Slysoft & Redfox).

BIOS Setup Pics below.

Attachments

• BIOS Setup #1.jpg
    BIOS Setup #1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 9
  • BIOS Setup #2.jpg
    BIOS Setup #2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 7
I would really like to know how my 10+ year old Vista Ultimate 32 PC, that hasn't received a MS update in who knows how long, keeps churning out discs without a hiccup!? It's working on one now while this PC is unable to.

Back