• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question on AnyDVD HD....newbie here

The_Dude

I am about to download the Anydvd HD for evaluation but before I do that, can I confirm if it allows me to do 1:1 rip of my UHD discs to iso file?

I just ordered the Asus BW-16D1HT and I need to downgrade the fw to make it friendly 1st.

1. Yes
2. That depends on the firmware it comes with. If you're lucky it'll already come with an UHD friendly firmware and no downgrade will be needed

thank you for the confirmation
I will proceed to buy Anydvd HD instead

I think something needs to be said here.
AnyDVD HD, although it can decrypt UHD discs, that function isn't officially supported yet and it can take up to a number of weeks or even a month or more for a given disc to be supported.

Successfully ripped to iso for hawksaw uhd disc
Playback was good via my media player and bd menu works too
Now trying out ripping to bdmv folder

After this I will attempt the same process using makemkv

If both works then I have to decide buying either 1

Tried to playback Hacksaw from bdmv folder via my media player and it was finicky
The BD menu wasnt showing and playback had lots of skips

Well that depends on the player. If you were able to rip, it's not an anydvd issue. I suspect if you convert to a single movie file like mkv, it'll work alot better

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Anyway, are there any special settings that I need to check/uncheck when ripping to ISO or BDMV folder?

Nope, they're essentially the same thing. ISO = disc folder structure in a single file (.iso) Any playback issues are most likely due to player not certified (for uhd playback)

When I checked the resolution of the ripped file during playback, it showed 1080p. When I playback other ripped uhd files which I had downloaded, it was displayed as 4k resolution

Am scratching my head

you still havent said WHAT player you're using. As to "uhd files which i had downloaded", can't help you there. Redfox does not support piracy.

It was a 1min demo 4k file from LG n not a movie. I was given the link when I bought the oled tv
Anyway I m using a zidoo z9s media player

Back