• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with encryption "Under The Silver Lake"

CBal

Getting this message...
Error retrieving bus encryption keys (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!
Added log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.2_Info_D_UNDER_THE_SILVER_LAKE.ziplog
    126.3 KB · Views: 4
Tried it in another drive and didn't get the error but still looks strange...

Total size: 23436864 sectors (45775 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: UNDER_THE_SILVER_LAKE
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 0
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

I've never seen MKB version 0?
Added the new log. I'd appreciate it if someone could explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.2_Info_E_UNDER_THE_SILVER_LAKE_C039E37C_AD5B9EDE.ziplog
    882.1 KB · Views: 4
Getting this message...
Error retrieving bus encryption keys (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!
Added log file.
This is probably an AnyDVD bug. Please try, if this drive can play the disc with AnyDVD running.

Last edited:
Tried it in another drive and didn't get the error but still looks strange...

Media is AACS protected!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 0

I've never seen MKB version 0?
Added the new log. I'd appreciate it if someone could explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
All is well, disc will play. MKB version 0 is an authoring error. Authoring programs create an AACS directory with a dummy MKB, so you can apply AACS later, as required for BD-ROM discs. This BD-R doesn't have AACS, but they forgot to delete the dummy AACS directory.

Thanks James! You are correct as usual;) The disc will play with AnyDVD. Have the studios given up now on AACS? Seems odd to leave out copy protection or did they just screw up this time?

Thanks James! You are correct as usual;) The disc will play with AnyDVD. Have the studios given up now on AACS? Seems odd to leave out copy protection or did they just screw up this time?
The disc is being reported as BD-R instead of BDROM. Is that a "Disc on Demand" from Amazon (not a pressing, but one burned to a blank when ordered)?
They usually don't have AACS, but other protections (though this one has no protection at all, it seems).

Different company but you're right the back of the disc does look like a burned image. The top is a nice silk screened printed surface like most regular blu rays.

Works OK in the problem drive now,

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.6.3, BDPHash.bin 19-05-23)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.52
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 0

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.3_Info_D_UNDER_THE_SILVER_LAKE_C039E37C_AD5B9EDE.ziplog
    880.8 KB · Views: 1
Works OK in the problem drive now,

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.6.3, BDPHash.bin 19-05-23)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.52
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 0
Great! Now you can use AnyDVD's cool remastering functions (subtitle transparency & placement, remove annoyances, ...) with this drive.

I'm not familiar with the remaster functions. Where would I find out more about these?

I'm not familiar with the remaster functions. Where would I find out more about these?
AnyDVD settings -> Video Blu-ray. Explore them. Right mouse button displays help.

OK Thanks, I saw them just never thought of using them thinking I might screw something else up.

OK Thanks, I saw them just never thought of using them thinking I might screw something else up.
You can check the modification / result directly with playback of the original disc on you PC.

Back