• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Funimation DVD CSS fail to decrypt all keys

petran79

I bought a DVD box set from 2010 and Anydvd does not decrypt all CSS keys in any of the discs.
I attached ziplog

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_E_Kaleido Star S2 D1.ziplog
    212.4 KB · Views: 10
I bought a DVD box set from 2010 and Anydvd does not decrypt all CSS keys in any of the discs.
I attached ziplog
Do you have a region 1 drive somewhere? You can get the keys from this drive. Or you ignore the warning and hope for the best.

No issues in playback. If it is about ripping, I can use other software too. I use a bd-r LG device on PC set to region 2 and have also a region patched (via remote control) external dvd player and a non-patched bd player. I have only region 2 blueray discs, so I don't change hardware code for this reason. I use anydvd mainly for on the fly playback.
Had also an ide region patched dvd recorder but new pc only uses Sata interface.

If you do this often - it would be nice to have ONE region 1 drive on hand.

for context (at least as I understand, can correct me if I'm wrong). While we can brute force CSS (And what anydvd does if it cant get the key from the drive) one needs a certain number of blocks within the VOB to do this reliably. hence, small VOBs might fail on brute force. The nice thing is, that to be small enough to fail brute force, most probably those small VOBs have minimal to zero value to the end user (i.e. as you experienced, the disc will play fine and you wont be able to figure out what couldn't be decrypted)

Back