• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

User manual

andy007

Hi
I'm new to this and probably get shot down for asking but I cant find a User Manual for this program. Ive just downloaded the trial version to test it for my needs.. its loaded.. scanned and gave back the following..
upload_2019-6-22_9-12-52.png

then just sits there. I have left it for 20 mins..as thought it was still doing something in the background.. nothing so I then hit the 'ok' button which just cleared my screen of the program.

upload_2019-6-22_9-16-18.png
I don't mind paying for software but so far, its not instilling my confidence in going for the full package just yet.

Am i also to understand that this program needs a 2nd one to work? From its claims online, one could be forgiven that this is the only program required as is doesn't clearly stipulate it from the onset.

many thanks in advance.

AnyDVD has finished the job. The disc is decrypted, region free, ready to play, copy, stream, whatever you want.
If you want to copy it, I recommend elby CloneDVD2.

Yes but clone is elegant and simple, with some great options, well worth the money. The fact it hasn't needed an update for years is testament to how well written it was.

Hi
I'm new to this ... its loaded.. scanned and gave back the following... then just sits there. I have left it for 20 mins..as thought it was still doing something in the background.. nothing so I then hit the 'ok' button which just cleared my screen of the program..

Hi andy007.

Looks like you're not sure what AnyDVD will do.

What it does is remove protections on Blu-Ray and DVD discs mounted in your computer, making them available to be processed on the computer. Once it does it's thing, you can backup the disc, edit it, play it on an unlicensed player -- whatever your heart desires. But it's job is to remove the protections.

When you mount the disc AnyDVD does just that, get rid of protections, and it's job is done. The screen you mention is just a report of sorts on what it had to do when clearing those protections from your disc. Clicking "ok" just closes it.

People generally use other programs to play the disc, copy it, edit it, so forth.

However AnyDVD does have a built-in utility to allow you to make a backup copy of the disc on your computer if you want. If you right-click on the AnyDVD icon in your system tray you can "Rip Videodisc to Harddisk" which creates a backup folder of your disc. If it's a Blu-Ray you can also select "Rip to Image" which creates a backup .iso.

As James said for more details right-click on the AnyDVD icon in your system tray and select "Help".

T

Last edited:
Yes but clone is elegant and simple, with some great options, well worth the money. The fact it hasn't needed an update for years is testament to how well written it was.

The fact that it hasn't needed an update for years is as much due to the fact that the "DVD Standard" is decades old, and is not supposed to ever change.

Back