• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downton Abbey Season 6

2harvest

Are all Disc 3s of season 6 defective? I've ordered two which have the same errors. I hesitate to buy more. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thoughts? Sure, anydvd logfile please. No logfile, we can't help you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

I'm not a techie. I don't know what a log file is.

I have downloaded AnyDVD and played disc 3 of Downton Abbey Season 6. It plays perfectly well on my computer. I have made no alterations to the disc. You might say that the problem (repeating 3 times for a few seconds, moving on for a few seconds, repeating again 3 times, etc. all the way to the end) is with my DVD player. However, I have had the same identical problem at the same place with two different copies of Season 6. I'm hesitant to buy a third set. I don't know what to do at this time.

I have downloaded AnyDVD and played disc 3 of Downton Abbey Season 6. It plays perfectly well on my computer. I have made no alterations to the disc. You might say that the problem (repeating 3 times for a few seconds, moving on for a few seconds, repeating again 3 times, etc. all the way to the end) is with my DVD player. However, I have had the same identical problem at the same place with two different copies of Season 6. I'm hesitant to buy a third set. I don't know what to do at this time.
Until you do what was previously said, no one can do anything.

I withdraw my request, as I don't understand what this is all about. I will be deleting Redfox. Sorry I bothered you.

I withdraw my request, as I don't understand what this is all about. I will be deleting Redfox. Sorry I bothered you.

Not really a bother. You just can't expect assistance if you provide such minimal information. I posted a link to information on how to ask for help and create log files. Sorry to see you giving up but there's really nothing we can do to help you if you don't want help.

The problem could be with the pressing of the set, itself, or software. We'll never know.

The problem could be with the pressing of the set, itself, or software. We'll never know.

It sounds like it possibly could be a Screen Pass issue (this set did have it) but like you said we'll never know for sure :)

It sounds like it possibly could be a Screen Pass issue (this set did have it) but like you said we'll never know for sure :)

Maybe? I never figured out if it was DVD or Blu-ray. Too much information was missing.

All you need to do is read #5 in that linked thread and post up a logfile for the offending disk.
We don't know any more than you do - without that logfile.
No one here is in the business of guessing at problems.
-W

Maybe? I never figured out if it was DVD or Blu-ray. Too much information was missing.

Exactly - we know nothing about nothing here.
I could make very uneducated guesses until my crystal balls were dragging...... :D

-W

It was posted to General Chat. I moved it to AnyDVD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, I knew it was a DVD because the OP said he tried his DVD player:

Now, if only the OP would come back and help us to help him by reading the "PLEASE Read" sticky and provide a log file.

Hmmmm, I knew it was a DVD because the OP said he tried his DVD player

Do you know how many times I've seen and/or heard someone refer to a Blu-ray disc as a DVD and a Blu-ray player as a DVD player? I gave up counting years ago.

So, we are left with guessing, assumptions, and speculation. None of which help solve a problem. :)

Now that we know it's a Blu-Ray - this is more likely that it was this morning. :)
But a logfile still needs to get posted in the Blu-Ray forum for those people to get to the bottom of this.
-W

Thread necromancy, but I'm having trouble with this set and this thread is the only thing I'm finding. Mine is a DVD. I thought I ripped them "successfully," but my wife says that I missed episode two. I figured I just fat-fingered the title selection when I did it before, so I'm trying again and paying more attention. Here's what I see using VLC to figure out the episode-to-title mapping:
  • Episode 1 is Title 1
  • Episode 2 is Title 54, and has a constant green flicker when played in VLC
  • Episode 3 is Title 4
Encoding Episode 2 with Handbrake "completes" almost instantly and leaves a minimally-sized file. Something is strange about that title. Logzip attached.

Looking at output sizes, it looks like the same thing happened on Episode 4, which is on the next disc. Happy to grab logs of that one as well, if desired.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_E_Downton Abbey S6 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Thread necromancy, but I'm having trouble with this set and this thread is the only thing I'm finding. Mine is a DVD. I thought I ripped them "successfully," but my wife says that I missed episode two. I figured I just fat-fingered the title selection when I did it before, so I'm trying again and paying more attention. Here's what I see using VLC to figure out the episode-to-title mapping:
  • Episode 1 is Title 1
  • Episode 2 is Title 54, and has a constant green flicker when played in VLC
  • Episode 3 is Title 4
Encoding Episode 2 with Handbrake "completes" almost instantly and leaves a minimally-sized file. Something is strange about that title. Logzip attached.

Looking at output sizes, it looks like the same thing happened on Episode 4, which is on the next disc. Happy to grab logs of that one as well, if desired.
Have you checked this thread since it is doing (at least partially) what the thread describes? https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-handbrake-movie-conversion-abort-problem.73213/

I hadn't, but it's made it further in than it did before. I'll reply back if the encode fails. Thanks for the pointer!

Back