• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

First try; two "Main features" on 3D disc?

DukeOfUrl

Trying CloneBD v1.2.5.0 64-bit for the very first time, loaded The Great Gatsby 3D for Movie Only backup, and there are Main features #1 and #2 of identical length, though the "Estimated uncompressed size" is close-but-not exact for each.

Can someone please tell me that the is normal for a 3D movie? That these two "features" represent the two images that comprise the 3D and should both be selected? It's confusing because CloneBD also wants to make a menu for the two titles, which of course I do not want.

It seems also CloneBD will allow me to make a BDMV folder of this, but I thought it only did mkvs of 3D discs?

I should note that I want to make a 1:1 copy i.e. no processing anywhere--maybe CloneBD will make a 3D BDMV folder?

Last edited:
Trying CloneBD v1.2.5.0 64-bit for the very first time, loaded The Great Gatsby 3D for Movie Only backup, and there are Main features #1 and #2 of identical length, though the "Estimated uncompressed size" is close-but-not exact for each.

Can someone please tell me that the is normal for a 3D movie? That these two "features" represent the two images that comprise the 3D and should both be selected? It's confusing because CloneBD also wants to make a menu for the two titles, which of course I do not want.

It seems also CloneBD will allow me to make a BDMV folder of this, but I thought it only did mkvs of 3D discs?

I should note that I want to make a 1:1 copy i.e. no processing anywhere--maybe CloneBD will make a 3D BDMV folder?
I don't think CloneBD can make a 1:1 3D copy yet. Only 3D mkvs (SBS or frame packed). You need to create an iso with AnyDVD.

It can't, been asking for that function since the start. Apparently it's on the Todo list. But 'low priority', for me it's high priority but I'm no dev.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It can't, been asking for that function since the start. Apparently it's on the Todo list. But 'low priority', for me it's high priority but I'm no dev.
Poor elbys recently bought a LG TV for DobyVision & HDR tests, but just realized, the stupid TV can't display 3D anymore. This pretty much mirrors the current situation: 3D at home is dead as a doornail. Apart from projectors you can't even buy a 3D TV anymore.
What they should do, is add a real 1:1 copy mode mode like CloneCD or CloneDVD has. At least then you can copy 3D discs 1:1.
I am not elby, but investing more money in a dying technology is probably unwise. Better add more useful options for non-disc display (who wants discs anymore? With NAS streaming, Nvidia Shield, Kodi, Plex, etc...), like subtitle conversion using OCR, black bars cropping, adding non-disc sources for input, ....

EDIT: This is the humble opinion of a 3D fan since forever, owning an LG E6 with pretty much the best 3D picture possible at home.

EDIT2: I believe elby did the right (bold) move, supporting 3D frame packing with mkv quite early. Perfect quality with NAS convenience.
It is not elby's fault the Zidoos, Dune-HDs, ... did not care to support the format.

Last edited:
They could take a look at bd-rebuilder it can perfectly shrink 3d discs that play fine on standalone players using a non-SSIF file based system (using FRIM), just doesn't support gpu encoding. If clbd did. I would have no more use for bdrb.

They could take a look at bd-rebuilder it can perfectly shrink 3d discs that play fine on standalone players using a non-SSIF file based system (using FRIM), just doesn't support gpu encoding. If clbd did. I would have no more use for bdrb.
Which players did you test? I somehow doubt an older Oppo player will play 3D without ssif, but I can try if I find some time. I don't know, if Nvidia/Inel/AMD support 3D GPU encoding. You can try creating a compressed, frame packed mkv. What is FRIM?

FRIM encoder/decoder (available through doom9), and I tried my old Panasonic DMP-BD85 as well as 2x Bd110's. Plays them perfectly. The way jdobbs calls it is 'in-mux' 3d, fully bd standard compliant.

Plays perfectly on hardware players, though software players like PowerDVD don't seem to fully support it. They play, but with visual artifacts, which aren't there on a standalone player.

Which players did you test? I somehow doubt an older Oppo player will play 3D without ssif, but I can try if I find some time. I don't know if Nvidia/Intel/AMD support 3D GPU encoding. You can try creating a compressed, frame packed mkv. What is FRIM?

Yes, Intel can do 3D GPU encoding. There's one program I am aware off that uses it.

It uses the Intel Media SDK https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk/features

Last edited:
Back