• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File corrupted error from v8341 on...

spotswood

Hello... Downloaded and installed v8340 in trial mode that expires on 4/18/19 on Windows 10 v1809 w/all current updates. When attempting to upgrade to v8341, v8342, or v8343 I get a file corrupted error (pic attached) and asks me to run a virus scan and reinstall the program. Running Windows Defender yields no viruses on any of the files. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall and exclude all the offending versions with the same results. Any ideas? Thanks for any help or suggestions...
any_8342.jpg

Are you using something like 'mymovies' software?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've encounterd the same thing and to test it I installed it in a new/clean/default VM and it behaved the same way.

I've encounterd the same thing and to test it I installed it in a new/clean/default VM and it behaved the same way.
Are the signatures of the Installer / Installed files like anydvdtry.exe correct? Did you resolve the problem?

The windows signatures verified it as authentic. Didn't resolve. Figured I'd try when the full release happened. Was wondering if it was a Windows defender thing, but tried disabling that as well (difficult to disable, unsure if I did it right) and didn't make a difference.

I don't know how to verify that its installed correctly or not.

Perhaps a more verbose error message on what in specific failed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The windows signatures verified it as authentic. Didn't resolve. Figured I'd try when the full release happened. Was wondering if it was a Windows defender thing, but tried disabling that as well (difficult to disable, unsure if I did it right) and didn't make a difference.

I don't know how to verify that its installed correctly or not.

Perhaps a more verbose error message on what in specific failed?

That's the problem, I don't dare to do a full release, until I know, what is going on...
And I have no idea.

I can give you a VM to test against if you want.

Seems like it downloads ok.

Attachments

• signatures.PNG
    signatures.PNG
    147.7 KB · Views: 14
v8340 installs fine. The only thing that's different starting w/v8341 that I can see is:

New (Blu-ray): Support for new type of "on-demand" disc and
New (Blu-ray): Supports locally installed protection database.

And no My Movies software. I do have MPC-HC v1.7.13 x86 and Kodi Krypton v17.6 x86 w/DSPlayer integration...

Last edited:
I can give you a VM to test against if you want.

This would be great. Please upload it to xxxxxxxxxx
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be great. Please upload it to xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you!
Can you run kvm/qemu (Linux hypervisor)? I meant more as in could give you admin and rdp access to one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you run kvm/qemu (Linux hypervisor)? I meant more as in could give you admin and rdp access to one.

Well, no, not really. I was thinking about a VirtualBox image of some sort.

I can try to duplicate the setup for virtualbox, but never ran windows in it, so will be an experiment for me.

duplicated it in a virtualbox vm. I'll upload it to the normal place once the export finishes. username anydvd password r3df0x. Anydvd 8.3.4.0 and 8.3.4.3 installers downloaded to Downloads folder, 8.3.4.0 installed and works, if install 8.3.4.3 over it, gives the above error

the file is anydvd.ova, should easily import into virtualbox

Last edited:
with that said, I'm wondering whats going to happen to the license when one imports the VM, would the machine change enough to cause problems. <shrug>

Licenses are USER bound not machine bound. And even if something happened (which is unlikely unless you're actively running AnyDVD on a few dozen machines) pretty sure they'd fix it cause it would have happened in an attempt to fix this file corrupted error.

Licenses are USER bound not machine bound. And even if something happened (which is unlikely unless you're actively running AnyDVD on a few dozen machines) pretty sure they'd fix it cause it would have happened in an attempt to fix this file corrupted error.
Trial licenses are also machine bound.

True, but afaik thetoad is a registered user :), but you're right nonetheless

The problem is fixed. The betas crash with trial licenses only, that's why I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Fully licensed versions are not affected.

@thetoad maybe it is time to buy an AnyDVD license?

Back