• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Duff (U.S. Region 1)

RichieScar

Hi, I have just purchased the Duff and it will not play. I have a RPC-1 Drive and have never had issues with any other disc whatever region playing. Anydvd HD had no trouble recognising the disc on the scan but either with or without Anydvd HD enabled it loads the disc and says the player is the wrong region. I am using PowerDVD 18 which is set to region 2 (B) but this shouldn't matter.

When I rip to image with it set to remove region coding, it rips no problem, but when I try to play back, it asks what region it is and as usual I select "no region" and it does the same as the original and says the palyer is the wrong region. If it is region free and playing on a Virtual Drive how can this be???

I am using the latest Anydvd HD 8.3.4.0 and the latest Virtual Drive 5.5.0.0

Please find attached log file, thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.4.0_Info_F_THE DUFF_53699FBB_24019E4E.ziplog
    290.8 KB · Views: 4
The region does very much matter! If your disc's region doesn't match the region set in powerdvd then the region protection will kick in on the disc if it has any.

Just because you tell AnyDVD 'no region's doesn't mean that's actually true. Your best and safest option is to specify the region of the disc where you got it from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is is not true, that is the point of Anydvd to watch any region and the ripped iso should be region free. I have never had this issue with any disc before and I've been doing this for years???

It's very much true. What you're doing by that last post, is telling AnyDVD the disc is region free / has no region when that's not true. For an ISO to become region free, you MUST tell AnyDVD the region of the DISC. If none is mentioned in the packaging and AnyDVD can't determine it, it's advised to specify the region where you got it.

Just because you say there's no region (because it may not be specified on the packaging), doesn't make that true. 'no region' specified is not the same as region free and is effectively telling AnyDVD the wrong disc region.

For Blu-ray region checking is done by the disc, not the drive/player.

The problem you're experiencing is classic behavior of incorrect region removal.

If for example you're in region B, you important a disc from the USA and there's no region mentioned on the packaging and AnyDVD can't find out on its own, you STILL need to specify region A (because that's where the discs is from) if you intend to play it on your region B player.

Just because no region is mentioned doesn't mean it's region free.

Pretty sure @James (lead developer) and @Pete will back me up on this.

When I rip to image with it set to remove region coding, it rips no problem, but when I try to play back, it asks what region it is and as usual I select "no region" and
Select region "A" because it is a region "A" disc. Telling AnyDVD that the disc has "no region" will disable region removal (you just said, that the disc is region free).

This is is not true, that is the point of Anydvd to watch any region and the ripped iso should be region free. I have never had this issue with any disc before and I've been doing this for years???
Lucky you. The dialog asks you about the region of the disc in your drive, if AnyDVD can't find out itself. AnyDVD needs to know it, to make the disc region free. If you say "the disc is region free", this tells AnyDVD "well, no need for me to step in".

Thanks for the backup James ◉‿◉

Now it's up to him to do the right thing or keep doing it wrong.

Okay, I obviously have a misunderstanding of this. I have always done it this way with no problems until now, my understanding was AnyDVD HD lets you watch any region and a ripped image (ISO) will remove the regional coding, hense region free.

AnyDVD HD works in the background to automatically and transparently enable read access of the contents of a movie DVD or Blu-ray as soon as it's inserted into the drive. The DVD/Blu-ray will become useable to your windows operating system and all programs on your computer, such as DVD/Blu-ray backup software like CloneDVD, CloneBD and others, then supporting any DVD or Blu-ray. AnyDVD HD optionally disables RPC region codes, thereby making the movie region free and comfortably viewable on any DVD/Blu-ray player and with any DVD/Blu-ray playback software.

Anyway following your advice I tried on another PC and got it to work but I would like it to work on my original PC. I'm assumming that its not the region setting in PowerDVD but the AnyDVD HD selection that pops up (see attached). Now I have selected region free and it obviously dosent like it, do you know how to reset this so I can re-select region 1, thanks enlightening me!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
Long story short, AnyDVD asks for the region of the disc so it can MAKE it region free. It doesn't ask you what region (or region free) you WANT it to be :)

Once specified, it remembers the setting for that disc. Easily fixed, set AnyDVD to 'Always Ask', and the reinsert the disc. Despite having seen the disc before, AnyDVD will again ask you for the proper region.

Just specify the correct region of the disc (where you got it from), and it should then work just fine on the original pc.

You've just been lucky all this time. Your luck finally ran out, that's all.

Success, thankyou very much for taking the time to help and put me straight. Lucky is not the word I've been doing it that way for years with no problems. Thats why my misunderstanding. Thanks again

Back