• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Local database

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
@James

Can't help but notice in this changelog

- New (Blu-ray): Supports locally installed protection database

How does that work, where do we grab it, how often will it be updated?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

@James

Can't help but notice in this changelog

- New (Blu-ray): Supports locally installed protection database

How does that work, where do we grab it, how often will it be updated?

How it works: It is a big database with all old titles missing from the internal AnyDVD database
It comes with an own installer.

I want to publish it, after this disc is supported:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/predators-2010-part-of-4-movie-collection.76532/

It will be updated, if required. Doubtful, it looks BD+ is dead.

@James
this database is added to the ANYDVD itself after using the installer? or estimated size in megabytes? THANK YOU!

So this is for older titles only? No new ones will be updated to it? What date are the titles up to for inclusion in the database. Sounds like a great idea!

So this is for older titles only? No new ones will be updated to it? What date are the titles up to for inclusion in the database. Sounds like a great idea!
Maybe you need to read the last sentence from James again, it will be updated. When needed.

@James
this database is added to the ANYDVD itself after using the installer?
I don't understand the question.
But it works like this:
AnyDVD 8.3.4.1 (or better) looks for the database installed on your PC, if you insert a BD+ disc, which requires OPD. If it finds the database, it will use it. If not, it tries to connect to OPD like before.

or estimated size in megabytes? THANK YOU!
Actually less than I thought. About 80 MB, unless I forgot some....

This means BD+ isn't used anymore on new discs ?
I believe so. Maybe because of the Disney take over?

EDIT: But I certainly don't know what Fox does or doesn't do in the future. Maybe Lionsgate wants to try it on their UHD releases? Time will tell...

Last edited:
what's the link to retreve the installer for the local protection database?
Thanjk you for yours answers

Back