• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avengers Infinity War UHD audio out of sync for MKV

We're hoping CloneBD will get updated to deal with seamless branched ATMOS tracks one of these days. ;) I've yet to test one with the latest CloneBD yet so it COULD be resolved but it needs to be tested.

Also Independence Day is DTS:X, no?

We're hoping CloneBD will get updated to deal with seamless branched ATMOS tracks one of these days. ;) I've yet to test one with the latest CloneBD yet so it COULD be resolved but it needs to be tested.

Also Independence Day is DTS:X, no?

Yes, it is DTS:X.

We're hoping CloneBD will get updated to deal with seamless branched ATMOS tracks one of these days.
Please help me narrow this down.
You're mentioning "seamless branching" - but the OP is talking about "Avengers Infinity War", a disc without Seamless branching.
So are these two different problems? Or is multi-clip not the cause at all?

The only issue is the audio is just a millisecond or two off where the audio starts just a split second late.

How much is it really off? I'm assuming "a millisecond or two" was not meant to be literal, as the threshold from where you can notice sync issues is somewhere beyond 20ms.

I just made a lossless copy of Justice League, which appears to have Atmos and I can't notice even the slightest offset (played back with VLC and Kodi).
Kodi did play heavily out of sync at first, but after I updated it, it's absolutely fine.

Should it be out of sync from the start? Or does it get worse after a while?
I need some instructions to be able to reproduce this.

Last edited:
The ones I've had issues with are Disney titles. Infinity war is actually one I didn't have sync issues with. Incredibles 2 was probably the worse one. For me it appears to be the ones that are seamless branching that cause issues where it slowly drifts out of sync over time. So maybe not the same issue since you're saying infinity war isn't seamless branching.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The ones I've had issues with are Disney titles.
Can you name some titles?
I'd need to order one and I'd rather not buy one of these insanely expensive things for nothing.
Apparently, I don't own a single UHD Disney title.

If you're going to get one I would beg you to get Incredibles 2. That had been the most problematic title of all. I also had a slight issue with wreck it Ralph (the first one) that went a bit out of sync over time. I believe wrinkle in Time also had an issue. But Incredibles 2 is the worst one of all and the most nearly everyone had issues with.

Ok, I have made some progress. I downloaded the latest update and am using the 64-bit version of CloneBD. I tried to re-rip just the lossless video and audio of Last Jedi to an MKV container (no subs). This time, the audio is synced just fine. I am assuming that using the 64 bit version of CloneBD helped in some way. I am going to test a few more films tonight but we can probably consider this issue closed.

Oh, and I wasn't literal when I said "one or two milliseconds behind" as the voice audio was noticeably out of step. Probably closer to half a second off (not exact).

I am assuming that using the 64 bit version of CloneBD helped in some way.
That's rather unlikely. The 32bit and 64bit versions do thing exactly the same way.
The only difference may be porting bug, where the 64bit version will crash or behave abnormally.

I'm pretty sure, the new 32bit version will do the same for you. Maybe it's something that was simply fixed.

Can you name some titles?
I'd need to order one and I'd rather not buy one of these insanely expensive things for nothing.
Apparently, I don't own a single UHD Disney title.
Another one that does the same thing that SamuriHL mentions is Coco UHD. Hope that helps...

Yea, Coco, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Incredibles 2, probably Incredibles although I've not tested that one yet. "Other" ripping solutions simply present the issues differently. It's almost guaranteed to be some kind of seamless branching issue.

Yea, Coco, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Incredibles 2, probably Incredibles although I've not tested that one yet. "Other" ripping solutions simply present the issues differently. It's almost guaranteed to be some kind of seamless branching issue.
I can confirm that The Incredibles has the same issue. It seems to be prevalent on all Disney Atmos ANIMATED films, at least. I haven't had an opportunity to check my Disney Atmos live action titles yet (Avengers, etc.) I'll try to check them soon.

R

The marvel movies seem to be fine at least for me. I have all the uhd ones ripped and no issues for me there. Same with last Jedi. But yes these animated ones are super problematic.

I have the latest beta 1.2.4.8 and it appears I no longer have issues with audio being out of sync on my uncompressed MKV muxes. I have other issues but it is most likely a Plex and/or Nvidia Shield issue.

@Pete and @Reto

You will understand what I'm talking about on this one. I reripped Infinity War with 1.2.4.9 and my "micro sync issues" are gone. Pete, you and I discussed this issue and it's now flawless. I'm SO very impressed!

They had to rewrite half the product to fix it, but, yes the result is worth it. It should be noted that no other product out there can rip ATMOS as well as CloneBD now.

Big thumbs up for the whole team :bowdown:. My Dolby Vision UHD issue with my LG player seemed to be an isolated issue, MKV audio delays with seamless branching, too. But the team addressed what has been reported here and solved it. :bowdown::coolman:

Back