• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince

Kenneth Stern

I have the 8-film bd collection of the Harry Potter movies. The final 3 movies - Half-Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2. include what is called Warner Bros. Maximum Movie Mode. When converting the two Deathly Hallows movies to MKV for example, that "Maximum Movie Mode" shows up as an additional title which can be converted properly to MKV or whatever. That title is simply longer that the regular feature length film. When looking at the titles for Half-Blood Prince, however, the additional title for the "Maximum Movie Mode" is not present. Instead only the feature length film is there along with the individual short titles for each of what would otherwise have been inserts into the "Maximum Movie Mode" title.

Have others had this same issue? Is it a problem with the way the disk was manufactured perhaps or some kind of an issue with CloneBD not recognizing the Max title for some reason.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

I have the 8-film bd collection of the Harry Potter movies. The final 3 movies - Half-Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2. include what is called Warner Bros. Maximum Movie Mode. When converting the two Deathly Hallows movies to MKV for example, that "Maximum Movie Mode" shows up as an additional title which can be converted properly to MKV or whatever. That title is simply longer that the regular feature length film. When looking at the titles for Half-Blood Prince, however, the additional title for the "Maximum Movie Mode" is not present. Instead only the feature length film is there along with the individual short titles for each of what would otherwise have been inserts into the "Maximum Movie Mode" title.

Have others had this same issue? Is it a problem with the way the disk was manufactured perhaps or some kind of an issue with CloneBD not recognizing the Max title for some reason.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Maximum Movie Mode is simply a PIP (Picture In Picture) feature whilst watching the Film. It is another stream overlaid on the feature.
Your conversion to MKV will only have the feature.

Thanks for your reply. I may not have been clear. Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 each contain two movie streams. One is the regular stream. The second is the longer stream comprised of the Maximum Movie Mode stream. Thus I was able to create mkvs for both streams from those two films. However, while Half Blood Prince also supposedly includes a Maximum Movie Mode stream, when I use CloneBD, that stream does not appear, only the regular film stream appears. So my question is does the MMM stream appear for others on this film ...which might mean that my disk has a problem, or do others not show this stream either, meaning that for some reason CloneBD is not recognizing the MMM stream on Half Blood Prince.

I think I figured out the issue. On Deathly Hallows, the MMM was actually inserted into the film as additional scenes. However, on Half Blood Prince, as you noted, it was only PIP overlaying the film so there was actually no additional stream created.

I was only able to back up 3 of the 8 movies, I got the dreaded "Cannot process the request at this moment. Please try again later..." were you able to use AnyDVDHD to remove protection on these discs?

I was only able to back up 3 of the 8 movies, I got the dreaded "Cannot process the request at this moment. Please try again later..." were you able to use AnyDVDHD to remove protection on these discs?

I thought the OP was using a Blu-Ray collection.

Sound like you have UHD's....

T

So apparently some of the UHD discs are not supported yet. (Strange though that some are and some aren't).

Obviously for the OP's Blu-Ray set all would be "supported"....

T
For anyone following this, all Harry Potter UHDs (at least the collection I have) can now be backed up.

Don't make such bold claims. Just because all YOURS can, doesn't mean every single variant of the movie can. Movies come in multiple versions per title and per region.

Back